Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

FAO: moaning little boys

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    my_name wrote:
    I just touched up my roots the other day which brightened my hair color, so its different now. I think my boyfriend is going to leave me becasue of it. How can I feel the love!!! :crying: Yes I've had too much coffee this morning already.

I'm 22 and a barman.
    Jon_UK wrote:
    I'm 22 and a barman.

Ohhh... bar... I love you.
    klintock wrote:
    I love grammar nazi's.

Thunderstruck, you are a crazy.

A crazy I once knew did things just like you - thunderstruckily. He did it before you though so it was probably prethunderstruckily. Isn't language fun!

Zieg Heil!

I aim to please.

We're all a little bit crazy. That's what makes life so fun.

As the wise folks of South Park once said, pointing your finger in someone's face and saying haha, I'm better than you is part of life.

I'm intrigued to know who this pre-me person was. Do tell Klintock.
    You know my marital status bad seed, everyone knows my marital status.
    subject13 wrote:
    You know my marital status bad seed, everyone knows my marital status.

Excellent. I'll add that to the age and level of education.
    Mmm, profiling.
    wow this thread moved on a bit. Sorry I ain't been on to reply, been busy working then ill for last few days so not had chance.

Well Kermit, I get that you were trying to put advice with humour and thats cool. It just seemed a little like the laughing at someone's misfortune type of humour thats all. I mean you coulad have said "my advice for guys-read it for f's sake!" or something like that and you still would have got you humour across.

Just a point of notice. You said in your original post about guys worrying when there gf has a new male ffriend. To which I replied, but then in your reply to me you go on about guys banning girls from seeing other guys which is a different point entirely lets be fair. I don't think guys should ban their gfs from seeing friends at all but bf's will be a bit worried no doubt if there gf is spening loads of time with a new guy friend and talks about him all the time, as Kevin Smith said, thats a sure sign she will dump you for that guy.

I just think putting moaning little boys is a bit harsh, especially when they are real problems. And hey, nice isn't bad. I did take excpetion to that because I think encouraging guys to be more bad and not nice is counterproductive and juist wrong. Nothing wrong with being a nice guy. As I said, nic emeans a lot of things to me and having a lot of qulaities and no honestly I don't think that 70% of the male population matches this, especially not these days.

oh and to whoever said it, whats wrong with romance??? I think its a good thing an dthere should be more around. Too many peopel are bothered about fufilling surface, baser needs and it all becomes a bit tasteless i think. Fun, Love and Romance is what we need more of.

I would put up an equivlent list for girls but I'd probably be accused of being sexist and bitter and a little boy so whats the point.

Anyway, i'm sure I'll get the flak again but its my opinion and I am sticking to it lol. :razz: :hyper: :yes: :thumb:
    Nice on its own seems to imply nowt else, which is the problem. It's not a really a defining feature.
    Walkindude wrote:
    Well Kermit, I get that you were trying to put advice with humour and thats cool. It just seemed a little like the laughing at someone's misfortune type of humour thats all...

I just think putting moaning little boys is a bit harsh, especially when they are real problems.

You obviously haven't been around long enough to get used to Kermit's style of posting. For most of us it was pretty funny.
    well I get kermit posts are pointed and sharp and I guess is humerous. I probably would see it as more funny if it was on another subject.Its just that isues of the heart should be treated sensitvely and while they are not immune from the humour treatment, it is a bit strange to have that kind of humour on a board which is meant to be a place for help and support and not just a general board. I aint having a go, just explaining my view.

ok so nice to some people implies nothing or is seen as boring but as I have said nice to me is just a simply word to describe a type of guy. It just means he isn't a bad boy type, a waster, a scundrel, a player that kind of thing so thats why I defend the nice guy tag as thats what it means to me.
    Walkindude wrote:
    And hey, nice isn't bad. I did take excpetion to that because I think encouraging guys to be more bad and not nice is counterproductive and juist wrong.

Then you mis-read it.

I'm married, and if I wasn't nice to my wife she'd rip my bollocks off and put them in the blender. But me being nice to her isn't why she was attracted to me in particular; she is attracted to me because I am individual.

What my point is, and always has been, is that too many boys think that because they are "nice" they are entitled to a girlfriend. They're not. They seem to think that being "nice" is enough, and it isn't.

Too many boys think that "nice" means doing every cliched thing to win the girl. I'm nice, I'm not a cheater or a waster, but I'm not a doormat either. I will do things for her, but I will think about what I do, and I'm not just a walking cliche.

Too many boys define themselves by how "nice" they are, not by how individual and interesting they are. Doormats aren't funny and they aren't interesting, they do what everyone else expects them to do, not what they want to do. That is not a sexy look. That's the difference- people who define themselves as "nice" are not defining themselves as funny, or sexy, or even thoughtful. They're certainly not defining themselves as interesting, they're defining themselves as dependable. Good if you want a puppydog, I suppose, but not if you want a man.

You don't have to be bad to be interesting, but you do have to be interesting to be attractive. I'm not a waster or a cheater, and I buy flowers and chocolate and all the rest of that crap, but I am interesting (at least to her) along with it.

I'd also add that not all women like the same thing. Too many boys think that because they are nice all women will love their niceness, and the rest of their personality doesn't matter. The rest of their personality DOES matter, nice is a default. Some women will see a man and think he is fit as fuck, and as funny as Ross Noble; others will see him and think he looks, smells and acts like Bernard Manning. People who define themselves as nice, and then moan the girl doesn't like them, don't seem to appreciate this.

Some people think I'm great, some people think I'm an arrogant tosser, and most people don't care either way. It's an important life lesson to learn.
    Hey i've got an idea, let's analyse this to death so it isn't funny anymore...
    you have a point there kermit. I do see that. Its just in todays terms , nice I thought encompasses all that you said, the interesting, funny guy and not the bad boy. Of course you have to be interesting and have qualities to you. I suppose all this doesn't entitle you to a gf. I guess it skinda the way life should be rather then what is. The decent guys would get the girl an dthe bad guys wouldn't.

I guess it is different strokes for different people. But I ahev to say that since yo uare married, you are sorted. You dont hae to worry about that stuff but for the rest of the guys who are looking for someine it does play on their mind whether its raional to or not but I do see your point and agree.
    Please do, I'd be very interested...
    Me too.
    :yes: thirded.
    Kermit wrote:
    I'm married, and if I wasn't nice to my wife she'd rip my bollocks off and put them in the blender. But me being nice to her isn't why she was attracted to me in particular; she is attracted to me because I am individual.

Wow Kermit. You're so the bitch of that one! Having said that I do remember you saying a long time ago that you'd be very surprised to find a relationship where that wasn't the case.

Come on Walkindude, I wanna read the equivalent list for girls.
    Wow Kermit. You're so the bitch of that one! Having said that I do remember you saying a long time ago that you'd be very surprised to find a relationship where that wasn't the case.

I'm not hen-pecked, but I don't call her The Management for nothing...

It's the case in most strong marriages I've seen that the woman quite blatantly runs the show. And I'm quite happy with that, gives me more time to watch the rugby and drink beer.
    I think Kermit makes a good point. Especially in relation to dates. I think that so many people go on dates and try to be 'nice' and there's nothing wrong with that, you don't want to be a wanker for the sake of it. But I think that lots of guys (and girls) put all their efforts into trying not to turn the other person off, and end up doing nothing to turn them on. It's kind of understandable, since she already likes you enough to go out with you, and you don't want to ruin that, but at some stage you've got to put your neck on the line.

That's why it's easier to tell whether you like someone or not after a few drinks. Alcohol allows their real personality to come to the fore. They'll express their real opinions and not care whether or not you agree with them. I think that's what you have to do in order to get someone to be interested in you. Okay, it may turn some girls off you, but better have some turned off of you, than non even interested in you. After all, you only need to interest one girl and the rest as they say, is history.
    I think that 30 things guys want girls to know thread covers most of what I would say.
    That's why it's easier to tell whether you like someone or not after a few drinks. Alcohol allows their real personality to come to the fore. They'll express their real opinions and not care whether or not you agree with them. I think that's what you have to do in order to get someone to be interested in you. Okay, it may turn some girls off you, but better have some turned off of you, than non even interested in you. After all, you only need to interest one girl and the rest as they say, is history.

I definatley agree with you on this one, some people I know can be very different after a few drinks, particualry blokes.
    Some people took take things too seriously. This thread is a joke, nothing more or less.
    turlough wrote:
    Some people took take things too seriously. This thread is a joke, nothing more or less.

Its shocking the reactions of people on this.
    my_name wrote:
    Its shocking the reactions of people on this.

I know, now you go to the kitchen and I'll sit on the couch scratching my crotch. :p
    I cant cook for you yet, I'm still cleaning the missed aims around the toilet. You ask so much of me!! :crying:
    my_name wrote:
    I cant cook for you yet, I'm still cleaning the missed aims around the toilet. You ask so much of me!! :crying:

:lol:
    :yes:

Proper sorts DO NOT go with nicey-nice "oh you look so beautiful, can i buy you a drink, can i lick your arse" type guys.

They can get that treatment whenever they like and largely consider it pathetic.

Seen it loads of times and it's highly cringeworthy.
    proper sorts?? what the hell is a proper sort??

Nice does not mean kiss your ass as I have said before but I guess I am wasting my breath.
    Walkindude wrote:

Probably not the sort that buys you a drink and licks your arse. Just a guess.
    Walkindude wrote:

Nice does not mean kiss your ass as I have said before but I guess I am wasting my breath.

Proper sort ... as in a girl who is fit.

Nice as so many people have said means very little. Its about as vague as you can get. Almost everyone thinks their nice, no one wakes up in the morning, looks in the mirror and thinks 'christ you're a wanker!'

Nice is not a personality trait. Nice is not a good way to define yourself. My Aunt Helen is nice. Nice is never gonna be better than interesting or original or funny or exciting.

Honest to God next person to whinge about that word again and I'll shove nice so far up their arse their tonsils will be whining about how the girl next door is going out with a rude boy who treats her like shit!

:mad: :banghead: