Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

R.I.P. George Best, 1947 - 2005

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Story

It was inevitable really but that doesn't make it any less sad.
Rest in peace George, I don't think you ever knew just how good you were or just how good you could have been.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    How many George Best threads do we need, do you reckon?

RIP.
    To be fair, Moroccan roll did post it in the anything goes section when it should quite clearly be in Sport und Fitness.
    RIP Georgie. :crying:

A Northern Ireland boy and Manchester United's greatest - doesn't get much closer to me than that.

I hadn't cried in months until I heard the confirmation of his death.

Praise to fans at Highbury and Celtic Park and the countless other clubs for their well respected tributes despite prejudice against us and religion in Celtic's case.

As for Man City and Millwall fans. They can fuck off and die scumbags. Bar the ones who could actually respect the greatest footballing genius of all time.
    i dont know why but my grandad is glad george best is dead, he says its his own fault to due his years of alcohol abuse. I dont care what anyone does in life but i'll never be glad someone is dead, but now that i think about it, he destroyed his own liver, and someone elses, so i guess he brought it on himself.

As for football, for what i've heard he was the first 'David Beckham'. Never seen him play but even my grandad says he was a brilliant/one of the best players when he actually turned up to matches instead of the pub.
    addicted7 wrote:
    RIP Georgie. :crying:
    As for Man City and Millwall fans. They can fuck off and die scumbags. Bar the ones who could actually respect the greatest footballing genius of all time.

It wasn't the City fans. Friends of mine were there.

As usual the Scouse vermin were responsible. Probably the same bastards who came to Old Trafford for thirty one years singing 'Munich 58' songs and then mysteriously stopped when their club suffered its own tragedy in 1989(which every club in Britain respected and behaved impeccably in recognising).

Apparently they started booing and singing during the minutes silence from Liverpool fans who were sat in the Home supporters section, and then there was trouble immediately afterwards when city fans went after the scum.

Its amazing what short memories they have. I hope they rot. Bastards.
    manickev wrote:
    It wasn't the City fans. Friends of mine were there.

As usual the Scouse vermin were responsible. Probably the same bastards who came to Old Trafford for thirty one years singing 'Munich 58' songs and then mysteriously stopped when their club suffered its own tragedy in 1989(which every club in Britain respected and behaved impeccably in recognising).

Apparently they started booing and singing during the minutes silence from Liverpool fans who were sat in the Home supporters section, and then there was trouble immediately afterwards when city fans went after the scum.

Its amazing what short memories they have. I hope they rot. Bastards.

Yes, I suppose in some respects you are quite correct but I'm sure some the City fans were quite happy to revel in it.
    addicted7 wrote:
    Yes, I suppose in some respects you are quite correct but I'm sure some the City fans were quite happy to revel in it.

TBH they weren't. One thing I will say about City is that their fans are possibly the most loyal around, and they know their football. They are always respectful, as they were at the derby game a few years back, when we had a minutes silence for the anniversary of the Munich air disaster. Their behaviour was perfect. Liverpool and Leeds turn up year in year out with their inflatable aeroplanes and sick songs. City are one team who I can safely say wouldn't lower themselves to that.