Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

dull pain in leg

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I get a dull pain in each of my legs at the top of the thigh bone at the side of my leg every night in bed. I get it even after only being in bed for minutes. I also get cramp very easily. I'm planning on seeing my GP about it but I thought I'd ask on here about it first. Any idea what it could be and does anyone else get the same thing.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    though it may well not be it, i used to get absolutely terrible pain in my legs when i was a bit younger, that would my parents would describe as 'growing pain'. It was really bad and used to bring me to tears. I doubt you're 8 or 9 years old however.

The other reason i get pains in my legs before i goto sleep (or don't) is simply because i'm tired, and the muscles ache. It gets worse the less sleep you have (obviously)
    It does feel a bit like growing pains I've always wanted to be a couple of inches taller hehe but I don't think it's that I stopped growing when I was 15ish.
    Make sure you keep well hydrated too.
    lack of salt can cause cramps because there arnt enough electrolites in your body or something like that. im not sayin that you should knock back a oacket of saxo just it couldd be a factor