Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

BEST live gig

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
What does everyone think the best band that they have seen live are?

I dont mean like hey..that was fun...I mean like AMAZING ... and you have to have been there, not just seen the dvd or something. I have to say muse(surprise), after i saw them live my respect for them went up tenfold. :love:

Will be good to see who's worth seeing live :)
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Audioslave-I could hardly talk after it finished. Muse were pretty good too though.
    The Subways are good live and the best band I've seen so far, far better then Hard-fi live
    I went to see Primal Scream when I was 16 in Belfast and left absolutely buzzing. I think it was made better because I hadn't heard much of them before that but got well into them afterwards.
  • Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Ehh... Well, I must say... MOTORHEAD!
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    Levellers.
    Weekender Offender 
    Skive wrote:
    Levellers.
    They're great live :thumb:

But mine is Isis.
    Robert Plant :yes:.
    I'm sure it's not cool but Bon Jovi are one of the best bands I've seen live. They always put on a really good show and their concert in Gateshead about 5yrs ago is one of the best I've ever been to.

Always like seeing Jimmy Eat World as well.

Velvet Revolver were brilliant live too.
    So hard to choose really.

Toss up between Tori Amos, The Who, Eric Clapton or Radiohead. probably The Who by a whisker.

Seth Lakeman should get a mention too, he was amazing.
    Skive wrote:
    Levellers.

Going to see them in a week or two, I'm optimistic.

And I love the support, Seth Lakeman, as well.
    I'm not the biggest green day fan but damn they know how to put on a show!
    Robot_Alan wrote:
    The Subways are good live and the best band I've seen so far, far better then Hard-fi live

:yes: The Subways are the best live act I have seen, perhaps the Kaiser Chiefs too. I'm seeing Hard-Fi next week.
    Renzo wrote:
    :yes: The Subways are the best live act I have seen, perhaps the Kaiser Chiefs too. I'm seeing Hard-Fi next week.

Seconded. Maximo Park too. I had such a great time.

I should have been seeing Hard-fi today... :impissed:
    Gov't Mule. Waited two years to see them live. It was incredible.
    Tough one, so many great acts, the Queen "Works" Tour in 1984 (ish), but the best small gig I went to was Chubby Checker...
    Out of the wide and varied bands that I have seen live the best has to be

U2. Man, what a gig that was.
    :cool: wow i haven't even heard half of these bands : o
    Prodigy probably.
    Madness were amazing, as were Oasis and Faithless. Can't really pick the best.

ETA - I liked the Green Day gig loads too, but I was sat down. Think I would have preferred to be stood up and without my exboyfriend.
    Gavman wrote:
    I'm not the biggest green day fan but damn they know how to put on a show!

oh god yes

green day were amazing yes
    Audioslave and Offspring are the best bands I've ever seen, cant choose between them. Green Day where good but I found the gig to be a bit over-rated. Really really really looking forward to seeing Fall Out Boy (again) in January.
    Hmm. Tough one. I mean, everyone like Metallica, Slayer, Rage, Megadeth have all blown me away. As well as people like the Polyphonic Spree and especially the Datsuns.

Overall though, for sheer wow factor, I'd have to say either Motorhead or Black Sabbath. Probably the latter.

Oh and for the record, Muse are wank.
    Hmm. Tough one. I mean, everyone like Metallica, Slayer, Rage, Megadeth have all blown me away. As well as people like the Polyphonic Spree and especially the Datsuns.

Overall though, for sheer wow factor, I'd have to say either Motorhead or Black Sabbath. Probably the latter.

Oh and for the record, Muse are wank.

and you are a wanker (for the record).

saw greenday at reading a couple of years ago, was good fun but I wasnt really astounded. They are good compared to a lot of bands live though. Gonna have to listen to the subways they seem to be pretty hyped atm :razz:

PS anyone that says muse are wank live has DEFINATELY never seem them.. went to a gig with ppl that really werent into muse that much and they were still v impressed.
    The Arcade Fire.

I saw them at Leeds festival this year, and it was fabulous. I couldn't actually see them, but the music alone was brilliant. I love every song I've heard by them, and I really do admire their skills and songs on record, but live, was just brilliant. They opened with Wake Up, and it gave me a feeling, in my chest, which I've never felt at any other gig or from any other band.
    Oasis.
    Motorhead or AC/DC.

Motorhead was more painful, though.
    Green Day gig was good, like EVERYONE has said, they know how to put on a show, but it wasn't *as* good as I thought it would be.
    muse- wrote:
    and you are a wanker (for the record).

Oh touché.
    muse- wrote:
    PS anyone that says muse are wank live has DEFINATELY never seem them.. went to a gig with ppl that really werent into muse that much and they were still v impressed.

I'm afriad you're DEFINATELY (sic) wrong. I have seen Muse. I thought they were shit then. I still think they're shit now. Anything else to say bucko?
    I also thought Muse were not-that-good when I saw them at V last year...

(for the record).
    Placebo at Brixton Academy was immense. Ummmm....Brand New acoustic set was the sex.
    i think it depends on the venue.
    I mean Hell Is For Heroes arent my favourite band on the planet, but in the smaller local venue they played at round my parts,t he energy they put out is probably the most intense thing ive seen.
    Same goes for The Offspring (Brixton - smaller than an arena at least) and Goldfinger (local venue again)...smaller equals better,
    Seen Slipknot/Slayer/Hatebreed (unholy alliance last year at Birmingham NIA) and whilst they were all amazing, the size of the venue took it away from them....