Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Haircut went a bit wrong

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Gah! I used to have a gorgeous A-line hairstyle and went to my hairdressers to have it trimmed yesterday. I asked whether I could have all of it razor-layered like the back, under the impression that I'd be able to spike it out better. Now, it's not even an A-line :banghead: It's the shortest I'd ever had my hair in my life. It's hard to describe how it looks... it's very, very choppy, the back is concave, and at the front I have some wispy bits round my cheeks. I am hating it right now, but besides shaving it off I can't do anything to it and growing it out will be such a chore, so I figure I might as well get on with it :crying:

Okay I'm rambling. The point is, my new hair IS a trendy kind of look, but it's not for me. It makes me look old. Any tips on what I can do with it to make it look more cute and girly? Also, any recommendations for spiking gel? I'm thinking I could spike the back.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I can't really help, but all I will say is try not to worry about it. Your hair will grow back quicker than you think. Plus I'm sure it doesn't look too bad to other people, it's just you that thinks it does.
    do you have a picture?
    Nah, I can't get a picture unfortunately. I look like a cross between Betty Boop and a flapper :chin: I just need to decide whether that's a good thing or not *lol*

mystifymysoul, you are right. Everyone so far has liked it... I guess it's just a shock thing because I'm not used to having such short hair. I think I'm just looking for tips on how to dress up short hair. So far I've been wearing lots of clips in it and it looks a lot better.

Ah well, thanks :yes: feeling a lot better now. That'll teach me not to post in the early morning when my hair looks like crap anyways :o
    hey

why don't you try flicking out the ends and underneath a bit if you can (straighteners if you have them will do this job) rub through some wax, keep the top soft and pretty n mess up the underneath bit.
    samaire armstrong (from the oc) has gorgeous short hair, google her, it may inspire you.

p.s. i had a bad hair cut a month ago too and it grows out quickly enough. mine looks fine now, don't panic. ;)
    A cross between betty boop and a flapper sounds gorgeous to me... just be thankful u don't hve a sheep on your head...
    lol- you are prolly gonna love it once you get used it it... if its different, and you wanted different, I am sure you will be happy once the shock wear off. i am curious to see whhat the cut looks like now though, lol.