Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

The clothes show

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Anyone going? My mate has bought a ticket for me and apparently we see afashion show. I've never been to anything like this so what goes on? Is it like a giant market with models wearing the next season fashions? Will it be all designer stuff and trendy or will there be alt brand (like say hot topic etc) there too? I have no sense of fashion and live in my jeans. I don't care for the latest look but if there is some funky shoes or some cool corset places yay.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I went last year, I had a great time! Basically, there’s hundreds of stalls and they’re separated into areas, such as hair, make up, designer etc. ( if you look on site, you will get what I mean).

It’s mainly set out like a giant market stall but there’s a few areas that are a set out like shops which you more than likely have to queue just to get in, but those are mainly the designer stalls. There's quite a few stalls selling cheap stuff ( like the shops in wulfrun centre) and theres loads selling shoes and accessories

There’s little fashion shows happening around in the main bit with fashion students showcasing their stuff but the best bit is the main fashion show. You have to queue for absolutely ages but it’s so worth it when you get in there. Last year Erin O ‘ Connor and Vernon Kaye presented the show,which was amazing. It lasts about 35-45 mins from what I can remember ( I’m probably wrong) and we had really good seats near the front.

I went on the last day so a lot of stalls were selling stuff off for loads cheaper than it was and we came home with bags full of freebies like magazines and lipgloss.

The worst thing about it all, is being trampled on as there’s loads and loads of people there and you don’t get to look at anything properly unless you push your way through.

You’ll have a fab time!!
    im going. my mate went last year+said pretty much what 1andonly said! theres cheap stuff, limited edition stuff u can only buy there, stuff that aint been released yet, etc.
    Im starting saving now!
    Yep, Il be there.

I went 2 or 3 years ago n loved it. was meant to go last year but didnt have the money, gonna save up thou this year to go, n I think Il go on the last day aswell!
    My sis wants me to go but I aint sure.
    Yep, Il be there.

I went 2 or 3 years ago n loved it. was meant to go last year but didnt have the money, gonna save up thou this year to go, n I think Il go on the last day aswell!

Thats the crap thing, it costs enough just for the ticket but then you have to take money to buy stuff there and it's on the way to Christmas aswell! :eek:
    its only £20!!!
    What I meant was I couldnt afford to buy much if Id have gone last year.

I think the tickets well worth the £20!
    I've been twice (2000 & 2001), and it was great!
    yer i went about 2/3 years ago too...when darius performed.

was really good but i was a bit too young to appreciate it so i'm going again this year in search for something that fits.

apparently sugababes are peforming which should be pretty good

ps don't depend on clothes show at all to buy xmas prezzies !
    I went few years ago and it was a good day out. I didn't come home with a whole load of bargains like I'd expected to but my friend and I did get picked to do a fashion parade thingy chosen from the people walking around!
    I was supposed to go when I was in high school with the school but it was cancelled due to people dropping out I was gutted :(.