Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Favourite childhood toy

2»

Comments

• Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    A small, yellow Datsun 240z. Or maybe my big cockeral.
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Gavman wrote:
    Lego

I prefered duplo personally.
  • Options
    My teddy called tim which I've sincfe I was a baby and I still sleep with it, including last night because I needed a cuddle. Also loved barbie, slyvanian families, and all the many cuddley toys I've had over the years.
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Moses. Isn't he the cutest?? :heart:

I "stole" him from my aunt when I was 5. He was part of a set, and my aunt threw the rest away shortly after, so I practically saved him.

How he got his name is another story... The sweater he's wearing was made by my grandma.
  • Options
    Lego was cool actually. I spent alot of time with it. ALOT.
  • Options
    Lego and Duplo were great, oh and that meccano stuff could be fun occasionally. I didn't own any myself, but played on my cousins when I went to see him and his parents.
  • Options
    Mecanno was good. Knex was also alright!
  • Options
    Ecto 1 from ghostbusters that was the coolest...i wish i still had it :<<
  • Options
    He-Man action figure things. I even had a huge plastic Castle Grayskull.

I gave them all to my cousin. Who must have eaten them.
  • Options
    i had a doll that looked like a real baby and i used to dress it up in my old baby clothes.

i also had a trillion barbies complete with their own house, red sports car, clothes shop and ski lodge. ken was a lucky boy ;)
  • Options
    i used to have a teddy bear called tebby :) i got given him when i was born and he went everywhere with me! he is still around somewhere i think.. he better be!!! i bet my mum has thrown him away..

lol now i want to get it! i want my tebby!
  • Options
    Transformers...
  • Options
    I can't remember, but I know I desperately wanted the Weeble playground, which I never got. And I very much enjoyed playing with my brother's toy garage until he stood on it to look out of the window and it collapsed.
  • Options
    J wrote:
    Thunder and lightning power whcih I recieved as a gift from uncle thor. Suprisingly I never got bullied at school.
    ROFL
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    pinkstar wrote:
    I had a blue cuddly elephant called Ellie! I got him for my 8th birthday. had always wanted a go cart and was at the shop about to buy it when I spotted Ellie and decided I wanted him instead. He cost £9.99 and the go cart cost £99.99. My parents were delighted!

My other favourite toy was my Big Yellow Teapot. I could play with that for hours. I also loved my Barbies. Had sooo many of them. They're all still under my bed at my mum and dads house!

Big Yellow Teapot was the greatest!
  • Options
    i used to love playing with dolls teddies but drawing the most i had lots of felts half which got messed up lol

but i used to love my little pony i used to have a yellow one :yuck: but i liked it then n braided its tail n hair lol thats how i learnt to do plaits ;) i remember now lol
  • Options
    Transformers...
    I had many... wish I could find them!
  • Options
    A doll called Polly, Playmobil (I also had the castle), Sylvanians and (of course) Lego. We also had loooooooooooooooooooooads of Polly Pockets, which were legendary.
  • Options
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    I had many... wish I could find them!
    Come to think of it, I have no idea where mine are either...
  • Options
    Mine was a turtle thing called Leo.
  • Options
    Can I add Polly Pockets and My Little ponies to my list? I had loads of the typical girlie toys when I was little.
  • Options
    I remember having a small penguin - which I called after pingu. Those were the times. :lol:
  • Options
    Can I add Polly Pockets and My Little ponies to my list? I had loads of the typical girlie toys when I was little.

NO YOU CAN'T! :p
  • Options
    Mine was a turtle thing called Leo.
    My nephew has a bunny/lion/thing with that name, he claims it's his kid. One of his teachers at the playground told him it can't be his kid unless he gave birth to it, and he put the doll under his shirt. A few minutes later he pulled it out and said "Here! Now it's my kid!" :D
  • Options
    Zalbor wrote:
    My nephew has a bunny/lion/thing with that name, he claimes it's his kid. One of his teachers at the playground told him it can't be his kid unless he gave birth to it, and he put the doll under his shirt. A few minutes later he pulled it out and said "Here! Now it's my kid!" :D

:lol:

I was like that with mine!
  • Options
    i had a massive ghostbusters tower thing which i spent many a day playing with, had loads action figure dudes i used in it.

can't believe no1s mentioned plastic army men, i had hundreds and used to have massive wars somehow...the good old days
  • Options
    Robot_Alan wrote:
    can't believe no1s mentioned plastic army men, i had hundreds and used to have massive wars somehow...the good old days

How true!

Maybe I still have mine in some dark corner! For some reason in the middle of hte war there was two plastic cowboys in the same style - they were the heroes!! :D
  • Options
    moondreamers and thundercats :thumb:
  • Options
    NO YOU CAN'T! :p

Cheeky sod! :impissed: