Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Harry Potter

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I thought it was great, maybe even the best yet, although Emma Watson's acting is still appalling, in my opinion
  • Options
    Gutted about how much they missed from the book. Good film tho.
  • Options
    i got told the movie had nothing or near to nothin to do with the book.
  • Options
    rss3000 wrote:
    i got told the movie had nothing or near to nothin to do with the book.

Hmm, whoever told you that lied. It follows the book.

It's not as detailed or as complete as the book, but that's not to be expected. I read one review today which mentioned that this film would be "hard to follow" for those who haven't seen the others / read the books. Err, yeah, but then how many other continuation sequels would you watch without knowledge of the first films (discounting star wars for obvious reasons).

I thought that this film was very good. I didn't realise when I saw it but it's over 2 1/2 hours long, and, for me at least, it went by very quickly. I don't think that it would have done anyone any favours to include historical "catchup" information for people who haven't seen prior films. It's not hard to see the other 3 if you want to, or pick up a book.
  • Options
    I went to see this last night and I thought it was amazing!

I'm a bit of a Harry Potter geek and I've not really liked any of the other films, in fact the last one I stopped watching halfway through cos I was bored.

This ones my favourite book so far so I was prepared to be disappointed but I wasn't. It made me laugh, it was thrilling too even though I already knew what was gonna happen, and it made me shed a few tears!

I'm just gonna try and view the films and the books as separate things from now on cus I do think they missed quite a lot out...but not so much as if you've not read the book you won't understand whats happening in the film.

Gonna go and watch it again this week :D
  • Options
    Jim V wrote:
    Oh come on, its not like they've filmed War and Peace and missed out all the odd numbered chapters. There may be a lot missing but it's still got the basic plot and lots of special effects to entertain children - which is good since it is after all aimed at children.
    Yeah I know, but i hate it with all films that ive read the book first. 1984, the day of the triffids, hitchhikers guide to the galaxy etc, all of them i spent the whole film getting annoyed at the bits theyd missed, and theyre just the ones that immediatley spring to mind.
  • Options
    i went to see it tonight. it was really great and funny up until after the 2nd task when it all seemed to drag on.
  • Options
    I thought it was really good, the best of the films so far. (Not that I'm being unfaithful to the books in any way, which are of course, better.)
    Ginny got lines, Fred and George were really funny, Ron was better, in the other films the have dumbed him down. Hermione still overacts a lot, which is great in the right circumstances but its in every line nearly.

I though that the Death Eater scenes were great, really menacing and threatening. Voldemort was portrayed excellently, but I wanted to be repulsed at the pre-cauldron Voldemort. I wasn't even mildly disgusted! I cried a bit when Harry brought Cedric back. Moody was madder than in the trailers, which was good. I still love Snape. Dumbledore is still wrong.

Generally the plot made sense, but the books are better. I think it should've been a 15 in some parts though, they're kidding themselves if it's a children's book after the 3rd one.

And quite worryingly I found Dan Radcliffe attractive. he is 15. I'm 19. that can't be right...
  • Options
    The bits that they missed really didn't matter as to the plot.

It's not like the third film where the director assumed everyone had read the book, and therefore missed important things like where the Marauder's Map came from, and why his patronus was a deer.

I thought it was a really good film. The kids are getting to be quite good actors, the plot was followed without making it eight hours long, and Clemence Poesy's bottom is simply divine. The film was really well cast, Frances de la Tour, Ralph Fiennes and Miranda Richardson especially.

I didn't notice it in the film, but the band was Jarvis Cocker, Jonny Greenwood and Phil Selway. I'd pay a fortune to see that lot play a gig together.
    And quite worryingly I found Dan Radcliffe attractive. he is 15. I'm 19. that can't be right...

Emma Watson will be a right corker in a few years, and she is a bit too sexy for a fifteen-year-old already. Erm.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    I didn't notice it in the film, but the band was Jarvis Cocker, Jonny Greenwood and Phil Selway. I'd pay a fortune to see that lot play a gig together.

I have links to places where you can download all three songs they recorded, if you'd like me to post them?
  • Options
    If they're not on open source its probably a better idea to PM me the link.

But yes please.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    If they're not on open source its probably a better idea to PM me the link.

But yes please.

No idea what that means! They're on megaupload, i'll PM you it anyway.
  • Options
    If they're copyrighted you shouldn't post the link on here. I expect they're copyrighted.

Ta for the link.
  • Options
    I thought it was really good, the best of the films so far. (Not that I'm being unfaithful to the books in any way, which are of course, better.)
    Ginny got lines, Fred and George were really funny, Ron was better, in the other films the have dumbed him down. Hermione still overacts a lot, which is great in the right circumstances but its in every line nearly.

I though that the Death Eater scenes were great, really menacing and threatening. Voldemort was portrayed excellently, but I wanted to be repulsed at the pre-cauldron Voldemort. I wasn't even mildly disgusted! I cried a bit when Harry brought Cedric back. Moody was madder than in the trailers, which was good. I still love Snape. Dumbledore is still wrong.

Generally the plot made sense, but the books are better. I think it should've been a 15 in some parts though, they're kidding themselves if it's a children's book after the 3rd one.

I agree with all of the above, except the bit about Dan Radcliffe being attractive. However, Robert Pattinson...at only 12 days younger than me I'm sure its ok :D And David Tennant, Alan Rickman and Stanislav Ianevski are in there too.
  • Options
    mmmmm .....
    I know I was a bit worried about the Dan Radcliffe thing ...
    Robert Pattinson is fit. Is it wrong to find Alan Rickman as Snape attractive?
  • Options
    mmmmm .....
    I know I was a bit worried about the Dan Radcliffe thing ...
    Robert Pattinson is fit. Is it wrong to find Alan Rickman as Snape attractive?

It is NEVER wrong to find Alan Rickman attractive :D
  • Options
    That's ok then.
    Cos I can TOTALLY understand why Mia wants him in Love Actually.
  • Options
    He was sooo fit in Robin Hood, I just wanted to put him over my knee...phwoar :love:

But erm, yea...just went to see the film myself there and tis very good though they leave loadsa stuff out. Dragon=kewl.
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    I just watched it a couple of hours ago. I haven't read any of the books (though I plan to) but I liked this film more than the other ones.

One thing though: Is it Hermione's character to be shrieking and almost crying every time she speaks, or just the actress (about whom I agree with Kermit)? I don't remember her being that annoying in the other films.