Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Sex whilst on period?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ever done this and is it really messy?
My bf said he wouldnt mind but Im a bit :nervous: about it?

Comments

• Options
    yep. I dont see the problem, apart from it being messy.
    Some men are grossed by it though, but thats just silly.
  • Options
    Nothing wrong with it at all. It's not really messy; there is some blood on the penis, and its obviously more messy when the flow is heavy, but its nothing that putting a towel over the bedsheets won't solve.

The only thing to be aware is that if you use tampons you will probably need to use lube if you have sex.

If you're in the mood then go for it. Orgasm can help the period cramps, in fact.

the main reason why more people don't do it is because all the woman wants to do is lie down with a hot water bottle and catering sized pack of Galaxy
  • Options
    I don't have sex when I have my period, but, like Kermit said, that's because I'm feeling like poo and don't really want to do much of anything, rather than to do with mess.
  • Options
    Or go one step further... taste the rainbow
  • Options
    No I haven't. I think its just ewww. But each to their own.
  • Options
    Or go one step further... taste the rainbow
    :yes: come on, line up, each will get their turn!

no seriously, i dont see why some people have a problem with that either?
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    The only thing to be aware is that if you use tampons you will probably need to use lube if you have sex.

Don't think it's a good idea to have sex while using condoms, not if you don't want it to be lost!
  • Options
    Don't think it's a good idea to have sex while using condoms, not if you don't want it to be lost!
    i assumed he meant that when you take the tampon out youll be dry - not that you attempt sex with a tampon still up there.
  • Options
    i think its cool/ok to have sex when your on your period..

but only if its light - the period..

my bf don't mind having sex when im on he just treats it normal to when im not on..

too right nothing a few towels wont solve or old bedding..
  • Options
    i think its good, but girls never want to do it, in my experience.
  • Options
    Well, my 'period' now is a single day of spotting, but back in the day before my IUS, I used to love sex on my period, so did my ex. It wasn't actually that messy, there was only a little bit of blood on the tip of the condom. Plus it did wonders to ease the cramping.
  • Options
    subject13 wrote:
    i think its good, but girls never want to do it, in my experience.
    I have done it. My boyfriend doesn't mind it but it was me who was all :nervous: about it. But really it's fine. Just a bit messy.
  • Options
    I don't understand why people are so squeamish. It's only a bit of blood.

I can understand why women don't want it during the period though.

Yes, as RB said, I meant that if you will probably be quite dry if you use tampons. That was always my experience.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    Yes, as RB said, I meant that if you will probably be quite dry if you use tampons. That was always my experience.
    I think that depends how long before the actual penetration the tampon is removed. If you remove it before foreplay starts and take time over it then it would be wetter than normal... are at least that is my experience. Just put something over the bed first as it can get messy.
  • Options
    I never have sex during that time. Firstly, sheets, furniture, carpet... white. Also, I'm a right cranky bitch and I just dont want sex then. I just want to sulk and be mad.
  • Options
    My bf won't have sex with me while I'm on my period, don't get why though as I usually only want sex when I'm lighter, I'm too icky when my period is heavy.
  • Options
    Ooh god no, I'm expected to have sex with him on this Sunday, and I JUST took my period yesterday, I'm all achey and urgggh. :(
  • Options
    There's nothing wrong with it, and generally for girls it's the time when bodies are most sensative and they can have some of the best orgasms. My current fella isn't keen on the idea though, although since having an IUS fitted I hardly get any periods anyways and when I do they're really light and only for a couple of days. It's also a great way of relieving cramps as well.
  • Options
    I've done it before, wasn't too bad really, not much mess at all
  • Options
    I havnt had sex before but i wouldnt back down if it was during her period. i wouldnt choose to lose my virginity with my penis covered in blood but after that as long as i was at least be told first all would be cool with me.
  • Options
    I havnt had sex before but i wouldnt back down if it was during her period. i wouldnt choose to lose my virginity with my penis covered in blood but after that as long as i was at least be told first all would be cool with me.
    I didn't want to lose my virginity having period-sex either (and didn't).

It is unlikely that your penis would be "covered in blood" anyway though from sex with a menstruating woman. Sex with a virgin on the other hand..... (or was that just me!)
  • Options
    What about giving oral sex to the girl on her period?
    Do you girls let your guys do that? Do your guys want to do that?
    I dont have any problems with it but all my mates do, girls and guys alike, except one girl.
  • Options
    I always do it never seen a probelm :confused:

It don't even go everywhere like you think it might put an old towle down and sortded! Never been erm #orally' pleased while on a period though, and to be fair i cant see why many men wiould enjoy doing that then.
  • Options
    I was a bit squimished about having sex with my period, especially on a heavy cycle. But i couldn't take it, i was getting all horny. So i asked him if he had an old towel. He did, we used that underneath us. The sex was good. Surely the blood being on him was umm weird. but we took a shower together and cleaned up. So dont be scared or grossed bout it. Its all nature and blood that can be taken care of. By a shower.
  • Options
    Well, I did it last night and OMG. I was so sore. Horrible. When you're pissed it kinda numbs you out but afterward..AAAHHHOW. :(

Never again, I reckon.
  • Options
    It's not safe. You can do much harm to your organism. You can do it only at the end of the period.
  • Options
    What makes you ^ think it's not safe?

I don't have sex on my period anymore, becasue I usually don't feel like it. I used to though and would again if the need arose and there was someone here to fill it! Not keen on the ole red beard malarky though- not been there and I don't think I'm ready for it either.
  • Options
    it can be good, just don't do it the first two days of ur period and use a condom so either of you don't get put off when you do see the blood
  • Options
    I agree, im kinda freaked out by it, but alot of my bfs have never had d problem with it altho i have avoided it!
    Maybe if my period was a lot lighter it would be ok but i just think that the idea of all that blood and the mess and the fact that i just wouldnt want him to touch me like that lol
    I think maybe its a confidence thing... just not wanting him to see me like that. im not sure, i wish i knew so i could change it adn just keep having sex lol
  • Options
    Kate1 wrote:
    I don't have sex when I have my period, but, like Kermit said, that's because I'm feeling like poo and don't really want to do much of anything, rather than to do with mess.

Same here, I was over the bf on saturday and it took me most of the night just to find a comfortable postion to lie down in and sleep, as I had quite a bit of pain. Normally I don't really have any pain, so i took some painkillers in the end.