Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Move my period?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I did search but couldnt find anything relevant.

My period always falls on a time when im working, so my worst 2 pain days are always my busiest days at work. :grump:

So what i was thinking, could i carry on taking my pill packet for say 5 days more, and then come off it for my week break, then carry on with a new packet as if nothing had changed...?

How would that effect me?

Im on micro 30 if that would make a difference.
I normally run a couple of packets together anyway and have never had any problems. Im just wondering if this is a possibility.

ANy one done this, or not done it for whatever reason.
Please gimme a shout, cheers :)

Comments

• Options
    It might take a while for your periods to regulate themselves if you try that, though it probably would work. Make sure you sort out an alternative contraception to cover you.
  • Options
    im wondering the same thing but why would you need to use alternative contraception if your taking the pill for a extra week instead of having your period. You would still be protected on your week break wouldnt you? am i just being thick here lol
  • Options
    ^You'll need to use another form of protection, because ultimately, you're messing about with your natural cycle. Any differences/changes in pills will affect your chances of pregnancy.

Ilora x
  • Options
    o i c how long do u have to use extra contraception for? i got told it was for seven days is that rite?
  • Options
    14days the doctor told me
  • Options
    I don't know about all the different brands but certaintly with the one I'm on you are still protected if you run them back to back.