Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Hair Style

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
My hair is a little less than shoulder length. Straight, all one length and parted slightly on the side. I have a round face. I want a style. Nothing too much, not shorter than it already is, but maybe just something simple in the front. I was planning on getting my hair cut sometime this weekend so any suggestions would be nice. Thanks.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    shave it off.
    I found this - it sounds pretty helpful - http://www.hairboutique.com/tips/tip464.htm

and found this from Hair-styles.net
    Round - Round hairline and chin line, wide face and round cheeks
    If you have a round face shape, the goal here is to slim the face. Hair below the chin line should be worn with a face-lengthening center parting. For hair above the chin line, wear an off-center parting to break up the roundness. Creating volume at the top of your head and keeping your forehead bare will also slim your face. It's best to avoid short and sleeked-back hairstyles. In shorter styles, it is best seen with hair brushed away from the face, building extra volume at the top of head to narrow the roundness of your features. Because the widest part of your face is at the cheeks and ears, you need to avoid having the fullness of the cut here as it will make your face appear wider. Also keeping hair off the face at the cheek area is recommended.

Ilora x
    shave it off.

I was thinking that, but I just colored it and that would have been wasting money :p

And thanks Illora
    I was thinking maybe just layering out the bit in the front that frames the face. I can't find any pictures or anything that I could take to the place. I'm going somewhere I've never gone before so I don't trust them just taking my explinations. Any ideas anybody? Its just so flat and boring it makes me look gothic depressed or something.
    I say, lots of layers and some feathering at the front. Kinda like Rachel from Friends...

Ilora x
    I have no idea what her hair looks like. I guess I should search. Thanks. I'm just so scared to go into anywhere. My hair is damn short enough! I would die if it were any shorter I just want it long and it wont grow :grump:

Oh I found one. How about something like this You rock Illora.

Do you think something just as getting some fun in the front can make it go undull?
    Airbrushed much?!
    the hairdressers i go to has photos of LOADS of different styles, as do most i think. not sure if it's the same where you are but if it is, id tell the hairdresser about what you'd like and get her to show you some pictures just so you're both clear about what you do want!
    I say, lots of layers and some feathering at the front. Kinda like Rachel from Friends...

kinda like me :D

it would suit you manda :thumb:
    Hehe. Me too.. I have layered hair, with feathering at the front - I have a round face too. Except my hair's down to my elbows at the back...

Ilora x
    Oh i'm jelous of your long hair. So I got it cut with the layers and stuff and it looks quite good. And for the first time I think they did not cut it any shorter than I wanted!
    Oh I know, I'm sooo anal when it comes to having a 'trim' - I will not let anyone cut any ends off my hair, no matter how many split ends I have. Length, is everything to me lol.

Ilora x