Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

why is he being like this...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i posted somthing few days back about how im very insecure and get jealous very easily but lately my boyfriend has been doing things that really dont help despite knowing how insecure i am. he goes on about how pretty other girls are which makes me feel like im not what he wants looks wise and he says things infront of me that he knows i wont like such as "im going to a party theres going 2 be some strippers" and then he went and said it a few days later again infront of me almost like he was doing it on purpose to rub it in. And i dont know whether or not he has said any thing to his friends but they were talking about a party they were going to and it was my boyfriends x's party and they were saying things like "yea your old flame she is so fit if she is shaggin her new boyfriend he is so lucky" and one of his friends even said infront of me "you should of stayed with her becasue she is really well off" it made me feel like shit and he didnt even say anything to his mate for saying it to me and being really rude he has lately beein going on about how he likes sexy outfits and thing and has been pushing for me to get one but ive told him i dont have the money at the moment and he still keeps pushing and even got anoyed at one point that i wasnt getting one it made me feel like just me wasnt good enough for him. what should i do :( am i over reacting or is he being out of order?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    :O From where I'm standing he seems really selfish and you could do without him, but before you do this you have to think of the good things; are they really worth it? How long have you been going out with this guy for?
    Seems like a selfish git..
    its really wierd because he can be the sweetest person when he wants to be and allways tells me he loves me and says he would do n e thing for me but he just seems to get a buzz from making me feel jealous or worry over what he is doing etc and ive been goin out with him for 10months now
    Reminds me of an ex of mine! Just dont stoop to his level whatever you do. Maybe you need to re think whether you really need him, if all this worry is worth it...I guess maybe he could be worried that you dont like him?! Maybe thats why hes acting like this.
    i do really need him i just dont think he thinks about things before he says them half the time he said he was sorry about going on about a girl about 5 times infront of me like he thought she was amazin or something lol and said he didnt mean 2 come out with the stripper thing the first time and covered my ears when he said it the second time buy obivously didnt stop me from hearing ! dont know if it makes it any better or nt :S
    id just assume if my bf was talking like that in front of me, that he wanted rid of me and was trying to get me to dump him instead of doing it himself.
    without soundin full of myself i know for a fact that he doesnt want to get rid of me which is why its so confusin as to why he does it . but alot of other things he does proove to me that he does really want to be with me
    How old are you both?
    He sounds to me like it makes him feel like a bigger person if he's putting you down (maybe it boosts his self esteem when you get upset about it?). My first boyfriend used to do that occasionally and I think it was because he liked to feel he was 'in demand' from girls in order to make him feel better about himself.
    Some men do that.. probably because they wanna make the woman jealous, or they want the woman to be more forwards with them. It's manipulation.
    we are both 18. But he doesnt think much of himself really either we are both quite insecure so perharps thats why he is doing it to make himself feel bigger i know that he likes to feel like he has me wrapped round his little finger he has joked about it but i know he actually means it.
    Some men do that.. probably because they wanna make the woman jealous, or they want the woman to be more forwards with them. It's manipulation.
    I agree with this. I do think it it a form of manipulation and very out of order as he KNOWS how you feel, your insecurity etc. It would be completely different if you didn't tell him and he didn't know. But he does, so why would he want to make your relationship harder with him etc.

Me and the bf have some issues with insecurity and we always talk about it. We would always ask eachother if there is anything we can do to help the situation and basically discuss feelings with eachother. If you haven't done so already, I would really talk to him and let him know its not on. Give him a sort of ultimatium to see if he would stop.
    we have talked about it but he thinks i am over reacting about it and being over sensative although he did apologise for some of the things he has said.
    Personally if it was annoying me that much id rather be single and chuck him!
    id just assume if my bf was talking like that in front of me, that he wanted rid of me and was trying to get me to dump him instead of doing it himself.

my ex gf did something similar but not so bad, she used to do things to annoy me on purpose so i would pick a fight, she admitted it to me. he might be trying that shit on you. talk to him, tell him to keep his fucking mouth shut about other girls. you sound like a nice girl so get him to treat you like one
    Fairy wrote:
    Personally if it was annoying me that much id rather be single and chuck him!
    :yes: