Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Student Loan

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
.....anyone still not got theirs yet? I haven't! I keep ringing them, and every time they say it'll be in my account within the week, and its now the beginning of october and i still havent had it!
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    its november though
  • Options
    One of my flatmates only got hers the other day. Keep harassing them
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Still haven't got mine. Sick of fucking speaking to them...
  • Options
    i hate the loan company, they are so crap!! last year i changed my address, but they kept sending it to the wrong one so i wasnt receiving my mail so it was delayed in getting my loan!! they still send stuff to the wrong address. stupid people!!
  • Options
    i've never had a problem with them.. but put it this way least you won't have been able to spend it!
  • Options
    I've never had a problem, apart from them not knowing anything about NHS bursaries.

If I still didn't have mine now, I'd be on the phone to the top dog up there in Glasgow. It's simply not good enough to have delays into November. (Unless you sent your forms in late?)
  • Options
    Still haven't got mine. The cunts at the Loan Company, and I take great pleasure in calling them that, say that they can't process it until the Uni confirms me as registered yet I registered with the Uni on the 3rd of October. Go figure.
  • Options
    Just phone and phone and phone (every day if you have to!), keep a note of everyone you speak to and what they say, talk to your student services at uni if its causing you finacial problems as they might be able to give you a hardship grant.
  • Options
    Yeah well, owing to my current location, calling them all day isn't really an option. Thankfully I contacted Bristol and they bitch-slapped the SLC into getting their arses into gear.
  • Options
  • Options
    Still haven't got mine. The cunts at the Loan Company, and I take great pleasure in calling them that, say that they can't process it until the Uni confirms me as registered yet I registered with the Uni on the 3rd of October. Go figure.

go to student services (or whatever you have in your uni) and get them to sort it. once u register the uni has to 'release' your loan and then it comes through automatically. my friend had a problem like this and it was the uni's fault for not putting the info through properly and the loan didn't get released. did you take the form that tells you how much loan you're entitled to to registry, cos you have to do that before you get money

but yeah i know how annoying it is cos i didn't get my loan through til last week and when i rang up they told me i hadnt applied for one! so what were all those forms i filled out for..? :banghead:
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster

You need to make sure that there hasn't been an error at the uni then. If that is what they are saying, chase it up at uni, get proof you have in fact been registered and then take it to SLC again. It may just been a silly admin error at the uni ...
  • Options
    I refer everyone to the second post I made. It´s all sorted now.
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    I refer everyone to the second post I made. It´s all sorted now.

I didn't notice your second post. Sorry :)

Glad it's all sorted out though.
  • Options
    I still haven't got mine yet either le sigh.

It's sort of my fault but sort of not at the same time. I applied late because my parents live in Thailand and I wanted to apply as an Independant, ticking the box for "My parents live outside the EU and it's not possible or reasonbly practicable for them to send money". I sent it in reallly late, but with all necessary evidence and the other day when I phoned they said to me well, WE decide whether or not you can count as an independent student blah blah blah and thus your parents have to fill out the PFF2 form and then send it to us and then we can begin to process your loan application.

:impissed:

Why put the damn box there if you aren't going to let me use it even though I've provided evidence that they are outside the EU in a third world country WHY WHY WHY WHY?!

Stupid LEA.
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    I just got mine today, which just covers my debts!
  • Options
    bad seed wrote:
    In my first year, I sent the form in too early. So they thought I was applying for the year before (my form went in after the end of the academic year, I'm sure).

Mongtastic.
    Trust you to be so keen :p
  • Options
    I've got mine, but it doesn't even cover my accomodation.