Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Which one should I choose?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
I've just found out that I will have my practical working experience and have been accepted. However, there is a problem. I have two choices to choose between - white biology and green.

1) White - Working in a laboratorium.

2) Green - I will be given accomodation and work at the sea, taking samples and doing other stuff.

The problem is if I choose green, I will stay there for a work week - five days. I will be given a ride there and be picked up at the end of the week.

I can't decide whether I'd be comfortable travelling away. Since I'm there alone, i have no idea what I will be doing prior to and after work hours.

I really think taking green will be both character building and experience (for CV). What should I choose?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Hmm. Tough question. One one hand you'd be working with people in a lab but probably not see the light of day from 9-5. On the other hand you'd be outside and 'running free'.

I guess it all depends on whether you enjoy having lots of time to yourself. Personally I do and so I'd choose the latter option but I guess it's up to you.
  • Options
    I'd take the 2nd one. It's only a week, it's not like a lifetime. Plus I think it will offer a better all round experience.
  • Options
    I'd go for Green. Get outside.
  • Options
    Mist wrote:
    I'd go for Green. Get outside.
    I agree. Who wants to work in a lab all day?
  • Options
    Kentish wrote:
    I agree. Who wants to work in a lab all day?

I will be more specific tomorrow - I'm having a meeting withe my supervisor. If there are no major problems, I'd probaby take the green.
  • Options
    green sounds like a great opportunity!
  • Options
    Suga80 wrote:
    green sounds like a great opportunity

Yes, I went to a meeting today concerning green and it all went fine. Just happened that half the meeting was consumed by talking about other issues.

I will be staying with other students there, probably 10 years older than me, but I'm fine with that.

I will take the train there, a night the week before, just to check everything out - just for sure.