Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Blusher

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
This ones really for any one who wears it..
I've noticed that its slowly coming back in..wearing blusher.
I just want to know whats the best way of applying and whats the best to use. Well i've noticed quite a few gurls at uni wearing it..
xx

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Were doing make up at college atm, and what weve been told about blusher is to apply it in a C-shape, from just below your temples til just above the apples of your cheeks.... it basically corrects most face shapes and gives the impression of really nice normal cheekbonesrasther than high scuplted ones.

Just dont use too much, otherwise you look like you've got a L plate on your cheek.
    what do you think about blusher?i quite like it apart from i'd probably have to on like pounds of foundation 1st to make it look good..
    Ive used all sorts of blusher - powder, cream, gel, tint and i have to say that i find tint to be the best - it is more of a stain that you rub in but it gives a natural glow and lasts - the definitive one of these is benetint by benefit but it is very expensive so i use per una lip and cheek tint from marks and spencers at around £7 which i find to be wonderful - it looks like it should be a nail varnish as it has a similar brush and comes in cyclindrical packaging. I put it on after my foundation and before my powder and it really lasts and looks natural. One warning - when you put it on, blend it along your cheekbones quickly or else you can look like you just have red blotches on your cheeks like you are a clown!!

here are some good articles about applying it -
    applying blush

how to apply blusher

types of blusher
    sweet_gal wrote:
    what do you think about blusher?i quite like it apart from i'd probably have to on like pounds of foundation 1st to make it look good..

I don't personally wear it that often when doing my own makeup, but atm I let people put it on me while we're practising and i think it looks good.

The trick is to go for the one that looks most natural to you. We got told which was our 'natural' blusher in our kit, but some girls hated it and have chose another one they thought was natural. You don't need to wear loads of foundation, but it's best to apply it after applying some translucent powder because it blends easier then :)
    i like cream blusher best, and i put a tiny bit on after moisturiser so it just looks really subtle and natural. smile, and whack it on the parts of your cheeks that bulge out.

bad blusher upsets me.
    that was really good thank you huny! x

What colours/shades do you normally go for? (i bet i sound like a right idiot asking this)i dont normally wear much makeup but have loads that i dont really use it.. :confused:
    I always wear blush. I have a very pale, one color face. So without it I look quite ghostly. I wear this (though I crush all the balls first and make it into a loose powder) as its very light and wont give you the clown look. Its jsut a tiny shade off the normal skin tone and it gives just a bit of a nice glow. nicx. Love the way you told how to put it one. :thumb:
    hey

how to find the right colour blusher
    have a shower/bath, and when you get out, look at the colour your cheeks turn. this is the right shade of blusher for you, that will look natural and healthy rather than make you look like Pennywise the clown.

hint: pale skin looks best with petal pink shades. olive skin looks best with browny/tawny shades. black skin looks best darker reds/magentas.

tints are very good value as you only need a little bit and they last a long time, also you can use them on your lips as well.. that's another thing, if you are wearing lipstick it looks more natural if you match the shade to your blusher..

can't think of anything else. But bourgois blushers are gorgeous, they have a very creamy texture for powder blushers, last ages and smell yummy, plus lots of shades and they come in the cutest little pots. No7 ones are nice too, i use the very pale pink one.
    I have Benetint, which is really good, but too expensive really for a blusher. I also sometimes use collection 2000 cream blush which is damn good for the price - about £3. I bought the benefit ne to see what the fuss was about, but wont bother buying it again because its not worth £20.
    thank u !!
    brushes ... :eek2: do they not come with the blushers .. silly question where can i get good value 4 money ones im a student atm and need to save if you get me... :confused:

i might go into town tomoro to get some blusher and foundation.. i really want to try it out you see lol :yes:
    barbara daly at tesco do good brushes, don't know whether they do them in the smaller ones though. i use a brush by clinique but only 'cause my mum gave me it. i use a bourjois blusher, i don't put loads on, just to make me look less pasty.
    sweet_gal wrote:
    thank u !!
    brushes ... :eek2: do they not come with the blushers .. silly question where can i get good value 4 money ones im a student atm and need to save if you get me... :confused:

i might go into town tomoro to get some blusher and foundation.. i really want to try it out you see lol :yes:

If all else fails, AVON is great for cheapish makeup (the ColourTrend range) and brushes are reasonably priced and damn good quality too.
    hey

some of them do come with brushes but they're normally very small and don't give you a very natural look. the bourgois ones are ickle but they have a nice curved shape ideal for brushing onto the apples of your cheeks. however the best brush to use is a medium sized fluffy brush with soft bristles. you can get them from boots or superdrug or avon as nic said and they arent too expensive.
    leese wrote:
    i use per una lip and cheek tint from marks and spencers at around £7 which i find to be wonderful - it looks like it should be a nail varnish as it has a similar brush and comes in cyclindrical packaging. I put it on after my foundation and before my powder and it really lasts and looks natural

I have to second this; I discovered this a week or so ago (although yeah, I was perplexed by the packaging too at first) and I would wholly recommend it.
    I don't use blusher very often, but I invested in the lovely NARS Orgasm when I need it
    You should try a Kentish Orgasm. They're good. :yes:
    I've got the Origins cream one, comes in a tube at £11...tis lush :love:
    It can be tricky finding a blush that goes with your skin tone without it looking too mad.

enough to make you blush
    You should try a Kentish Orgasm. They're good.

I've heard a lot of the imports are fakes ;)
    go_away wrote:
    I've heard a lot of the imports are fakes ;)
    :no: Lies