Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Mark Thomas and Rob Newman

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot
edited January 2023 in General Chat
w00t, im going to see them on thursday at colchester arts centre!!!
Im soooo excited. Me and 3 of my cousins are all going together and its gonna be so cool. :yippe: :cool:
Beep boop. I'm a bot.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Who?
    theyre both comedians, but its quite political comedy. Mark Thomas used to do the Mark Thomas product on c4 and he would heckle and ask important (but embarrassing) questions to MPs and heads of big multinational corporations. A bit like a british Michael Moore.http://www.bbc.co.uk/comedy/guide/articles/m/markthomascomedy_1299001999.shtml
    Rob Newman used to do the Mary Whitehouse experience a few years back,
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/comedy/guide/articles/m/marywhitehouseex_1299002018.shtml
    Rob Newman is the sexy one in the front on the right.
    I saw Rob Newman at the Edinburgh festival he was quite good, good impression of Tony Blair and John Lydon, good act better than I thought it would be.

Mark Thomas is funny if a bit too much of a sandle wearing lefty,
    He has a good commanding presence, I liked the comedy product, especialy when he joined a que outside Harrods and instead of getting a autograph from Mr Al Fyed he said

"Mohamed, could you draw us a picture of your penis please"

Fyed just made a few marks on a piece of paper.
    Rob Newman is the sexy one in the front on the right

He was better looking then I think ?
    well I went last night and mark Thomas was soooo funny. Really brilliant.
    Rob Newman on the other hand, sucked arse and we left early.
    I was so looking forward to seeing him too, because of how much i liked him when he did the mary whitehouse experience so many moons ago, but hes just got too boring and political, and he cant carry the political thing off in the same way that Mark Thomas does.
    Hes also not as sexy these days.
    Rob Newman's gone political? Isn't that like Lenny Bruce doing nursery ryhmes?

On the other hand I saw Mark Thomas about 8 years ago in York and he was fantastic.