Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

philosophical and political idealism ...

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Blagsta wrote:
    i read the bit about who will do the dirty dangerous boring stuff ...what a load of bollox!
    i stopped reading any further when guess what ...the solution might have to be ...pay them extra money!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i realy would not in anyway want to be a part of a society where one of the solutions is to ...'encourage' ...everyone ti have to do some of it!

sounds like a lot of control ...sounds like jail.
  • Options
    Blagsta wrote:
    and you can quote me where I said "man will never be violent, greedy, power-hungry or ideologically motivated". In fact, I have said pretty much the opposite.

Okay, so you believe violence, greed etc are inherent in man regardless of environment? How then can anarchy work without higher authority?
  • Options
    Spliffie wrote:
    How then can anarchy work without higher authority?
    it can't.
    there will be thick people and highly inteligent people.
    there will be those who care and those who never will.
    there will be killers rapists and murderers.
    there will be druggies and drunks.
    there will be very religous people and total atheiests ...people who are teachable and people who plainly aren't and never will be.

there will be more people like me who would not want to live in a system where i'm coherced into doing my share of the shitty dirty dangerous and boring work.

cliques will form as they always do ...even on a message board.
    these little groups will coherce others into making decisions that suit them.
    there will be bullies.

blagstas ideals are of the highest order and highly comendable but ...pipe dreams ...almost religous ...chasing the wind comes to mind.

in an industrial globalised world with a myriad of emotions and ideas ...five billion people are mostly not going to want to live in some planetary commune.

how do you deal wiyth those like me ...who don't want to play?
  • Options
    it can't.
    there will be very religous people and total atheiests ...people who are teachable and people who plainly aren't and never will be.

there will be more people like me who would not want to live in a system where i'm coherced into doing my share of the shitty dirty dangerous and boring work.

there will be bullies.

blagstas ideals are of the highest order and highly comendable but ...pipe dreams ...almost religous ...chasing the wind comes to mind.

in an industrial globalised world with a myriad of emotions and ideas ...five billion people are mostly not going to want to live in some planetary commune.

I agree with most of that.

I would play, but ultimately i reckon i'd end up rushing off seeking glory. People just couldn't resist that opportunity, especially young males.
  • Options
    Spliffie wrote:
    I agree with most of that.

I would play, but ultimately i reckon i'd end up rushing off seeking glory. People just couldn't resist that opportunity, especially young males.
    there might just be one way ...electronic implants in the brain ...
  • Options
    i read the bit about who will do the dirty dangerous boring stuff ...what a load of bollox!
    i stopped reading any further when guess what ...the solution might have to be ...pay them extra money!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i realy would not in anyway want to be a part of a society where one of the solutions is to ...'encourage' ...everyone ti have to do some of it!

sounds like a lot of control ...sounds like jail.

Hmmmm...good critique there - "its bollocks". Well done. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Spliffie wrote:
    Okay, so you believe violence, greed etc are inherent in man regardless of environment? How then can anarchy work without higher authority?

No, I didn't say that either. Hint: Try reading my posts.
  • Options

Errrr...I haven't argued otherwise. But if you actually think about this statement a little deeper, its not as simple as it sounds. What do we mean by "intelligence"? Who gets to define it? Are there different types of "intelligence"? etc

Again, fine rhetoric mr, but try thinking about it a bit more. Why do some people care and others don't? Are people born that way? or are they made? Same with rapists and murderers? Are people born rapists? Or is something else at work? Same with all your points really.

You haven't really read any of the link I posted have you? But let me ask you this? Who currently cleans your toilet? You? or someone else?

I haven't argued otherwise.

Which is why there would be processes in place to make sure this doesn't happen. Much the same as there is today in organisations.
    there will be bullies.

What makes people bully others?

Did you read the bit where I wrote "I don't think we've ever had a society based on those principles. I'm not sure we ever will. However, I think that its a good thing to strive for."?

No, thought not.

Lucky then, 'cos that's not what I'm arguing for.

Debate and talk. Let me ask you this? Why are you in Wales? Is it so you can have more control over your own work and life? or so you can have less?
  • Options
    Blagsta wrote:
    Let me ask you this? Why are you in Wales? ?
    having sued the chief constable of greater manchester sucessfully ...having destroyed the carears of a couple of drugs squad officers .., having caused an intrernal inquiry into the manchester drug squad resulting in financial investigations and a number of suspensions ...it was time to head for the hills as they were making my life impossible.
    i was basicaly driven out of the city.
    twenty years later i still feel aprehensive about visiting the place.
  • Options
    Do you like having more control over your own life? or less?
  • Options
    Blagsta wrote:
    Do you like having more control over your own life? or less?
    more of course but i believe i would end up with less under your anarchy system.
  • Options
    Well seeing as anarchism is all about giving people more control over their lives I don't know how you come to that conclusion.
  • Options
    Blagsta wrote:
    Well seeing as anarchism is all about giving people more control over their lives I don't know how you come to that conclusion.
    men ...history ...thats how i come to that conclusion.
    christianity ...all about love your nieghbour ...that worked out well didn't it not.

blag ...i just don't see it as workable in a beeg industrial world.
    so much going on ...so many decisions to make.

do you believe a ship should have a captain and a prison should a governer?
  • Options
    men ...history ...thats how i come to that conclusion.

Eh? You're not making sense.
    christianity ...all about love your nieghbour ...that worked out well didn't it not.

Yes, a patriarchal religion is exactly the same as a political and economic theory isn't it?
    blag ...i just don't see it as workable in a beeg industrial world.
    so much going on ...so many decisions to make.

PLEASE TRY AND READ MY POSTS
    do you believe a ship should have a captainp

Errrr...what? Of course it should have someone with knowledge who other people defer to. You're getting confused between political authority (which anarchists argue against) and technical authority (which anarchists acknowledge)
    and a prison should a governer?

Irrelevant.
  • Options
    Blagsta wrote:
    Yes, a patriarchal religion is exactly the same as a political and economic theory isn't it?

in the sense that it's exactly the same players in a similar game.

why irrelevant>
  • Options
    No, it is you putting words in my mouth.

Why do you think that is?

Its probably because you explain your views very poorly.
  • Options
    You agree that anarchism isnt workable in current society..

Which society would this work in?? ever??

You were on about people in current society being stuck in shite jobs that they hate, where as that wouldnt happen in anarchism... everyone could be an f1 driver or something.

I think you mentioned earlier that anarchism suggests people are 'encouraged' to do the shit jobs that NEED to be done? can u ellaborate on this? hit with a stick or what?

I know this isnt entirely relevant to the point of discussion we;re at at the moment but things have been missed...

Just explain to me how this works and what sort of conditions you think we need for this to work? you havent made ureself that clear apart from referring people to that site .. :banghead:
  • Options
    in the sense that it's exactly the same players in a similar game.

Except that its not. One appeals to a supernatural being and threatens you with eternal damnation if you don't conform. The other appeals to the co-operative and creative side of humanity and lets people have control over their own lives. I don't see any similarity, apart from superficially.
    why irrelevant>

Prisons (if they existed) in an anarchist society would serve a very different purpose from what they do now, so its irrelevant.
  • Options
    Why do you think that is?

Its probably because you explain your views very poorly.

More likely to do with people being far too lazy to read my posts properly and read the links I post.
  • Options
    muse- wrote:
    You agree that anarchism isnt workable in current society..

Which society would this work in?? ever??

I don't understand your question.
    muse- wrote:
    You were on about people in current society being stuck in shite jobs that they hate,

Was I? Where?
    muse- wrote:
    where as that wouldnt happen in anarchism... everyone could be an f1 driver or something.

Eh? :confused:
    muse- wrote:
    I think you mentioned earlier that anarchism suggests people are 'encouraged' to do the shit jobs that NEED to be done?

No, I mentioned nothing of the sort.
    muse- wrote:
    can u ellaborate on this? hit with a stick or what?

You're not actually reading my posts are you?
    muse- wrote:
    I know this isnt entirely relevant to the point of discussion we;re at at the moment but things have been missed...

Just explain to me how this works and what sort of conditions you think we need for this to work? you havent made ureself that clear apart from referring people to that site .. :banghead:

What do you mean by "conditions"? Please clarify.
  • Options
    Blagsta wrote:
    More likely to do with people being far too lazy to read my posts properly and read the links I post.

Probably wouldn't been much use in the old cooperative then would they?

What to do!
  • Options
    Toadborg wrote:
    Probably wouldn't been much use in the old cooperative then would they?

What to do!

shoot them!!!! :D
  • Options
    Off to the Gulag for some hard labour more like, why waste a bullet?
  • Options
    Toadborg wrote:
    Off to the Gulag for some hard labour more like, why waste a bullet?

you seem to be getting your ideologies confused
  • Options
    Blagsta wrote:

Which is why there would be processes in place to make sure this doesn't happen. Much the same as there is today in organisations.

What makes people bully others?

?
    so for dealing with bullys and other uncoperative people there will be processes put in place much the same as today ....as in mostly failed processes then?

are processes another term for rules ...law?
  • Options
    so for dealing with bullys and other uncoperative people there will be processes put in place much the same as today ....as in mostly failed processes then?

Some work, some don't. No one's perfect. What's your point?
    are processes another term for rules ...law?

No.
  • Options
    Blagsta wrote:
    Some work, some don't. No one's perfect. What's your point?

No.
    as informative as ever!
    blag ...how many people have pointed out your lack of commincation skills now?

read my posts read my posts ....
  • Options
    Well you've already demonstrated that you don't in fact read properly. Ask some sensible questions if you want a sensible reply.
  • Options
    Blagsta wrote:
    Well you've already demonstrated that you don't in fact read properly. Ask some sensible questions if you want a sensible reply.
    see the simple things and the simple people are what brings your whole pipe dream crashing down.
    you want that everyone in your new world order be a philospher ...understand the complexities of running a nation ...an economy ...a world.

well guess what blag ...a larger percentage of people realy don't give a toss and never will.
    they have families to take care of and beer to drink.

your going to reducate them all of course ....and it would so obviously have to be done against their wishes.
  • Options
    I find it quite interesting that all the arguments against going the anarchic way are brought from fears about other people.

No one has stood up and said, no thanks, I don't deserve more control over my own life, I am a bit of a fuckwit and need managing.

No, it's always those other buggers who need to be shoved about and made to behave, isn't it?