Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Tuition fees help

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
Im looking on aberdeen college website about finances and it says this

"Eligible Scottish domiciled students and EU students will have their tuition fees paid providing they are not repeating any period of study. However, students must apply to the Student Awards Agency for Scotland (SAAS) if they are to have fees paid on their behalf."

See I know where in the EU but im having a disagreement with someone, they say it doesn't cover england i say it does. anyone fancy shedding some light on the matter please.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    English students have to pay, Scots don't. You can write to your MP to complain about the inequality if you like, and ring up your local LEA to confirm.
    Hmmm i should hopefully get it paid for as my mum is a disabled single mum on a low income.. so yeah..

ok thanks for that.. its stupid, they pay all of the french, scottish, any country within the EU except england.. WHY

anyway thanks for that kentish.. been really helpfull
  • littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Hellfire wrote:
    Hmmm i should hopefully get it paid for as my mum is a disabled single mum on a low income.. so yeah..

ok thanks for that.. its stupid, they pay all of the french, scottish, any country within the EU except england.. WHY

anyway thanks for that kentish.. been really helpfull

There is no harm in applying anyway. The worst than can do is say "no, pay yourself".
    Don't Scots have to pay to study in England?
    it gets assessed through your loan application form which is to do with your LEA at home which in your case isnt scotland so u should be fine.
    I think it is because Scotland, England, Wales and Northern Ireland aren't individually part of the EU, rather the UK as a whole... maybe that is a way around it.
    This is one thing that's really confusing me at the moment. I'm going to be starting uni in September 2006, it will almost certainly be in an English university. However, seeing as I'm in Wales, am I gonna to have to pay? Not hugely fussed if I am, I just want to know for sure.
    yes you will have to pay