Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

More hooliganism problems in Turkey

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot
edited January 2023 in General Chat
After going through on away goals, the Swiss team were pelted with objects from the stands as they ran down the tunnel.#

Obviously if it had been England it would have been a terrible thing, and we'd have got kicked out of the World Cup.

I wonder if Turkey will ever be punished for the disgraceful behaviour of their murdering fans?
Beep boop. I'm a bot.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Doubt it, so many times violence etc. seems to go unpunished in Turkey, the murdering scum.

England always seem to get made an example of.
  • Options
    They'll get a fine and thats about it.
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Doubt it, so many times violence etc. seems to go unpunished in Turkey, the murdering scum.

England always seem to get made an example of.
    Too true sadly...
  • Options
    Have I missed something?

What serious sanction have England ever received for fan violence?
  • Options
    Don't go thinking it was all one sided. According to the news a Swiss player started it by kicking out at a Turkish coach after being subbed.
  • Options
    Toadborg wrote:
    What serious sanction have England ever received for fan violence?

English teams were not allowed to compete in UEFA club competitions for nearly ten years after Heysel.

Oddly enough, the Italian league never faced such sanctions after what had happened in Rome the year before. Or for throwing flares at players in 2004.

It may not have been one sided, but the Turks have a long history of it. The whole "welcome to hell" thing with ManYoo and Chelsea, the trouble after the Latvia game, the rampage in Stockholm at the 2000 UEFA Cup final against those world-reknowned hooligans Arsenal, and then there's the Leeds murders (although the two men who died were crew, were being provocative, and were probably due a beating).
  • Options
    I was talking about the national team, not the clubs........
  • Options
    Toadborg wrote:
    I was talking about the national team, not the clubs........
    We've being threatened with all kinds of things recently if ANY kind of trouble happens. Turkish fans are causing trouble all the time without a warning or anything.
  • Options
    they all started fighting in the tunnel aswell after two turkish players kicked out at swiss coachs. one of the swiss players had to go to hospital from the report i've seen, Sepp Blatter said he's going to come down hard on this one, he's Swiss himself so I expect the Turks will get most of the punishment.

Won't see me moaning mind you, can't stand them.
  • Options
    We've being threatened with all kinds of things recently if ANY kind of trouble happens. Turkish fans are causing trouble all the time without a warning or anything.

Yes but nothing has actually been done has it so saying that England are 'made an example of' is in fact incorrect.......

England have had trouble with fans, Turkey have had trouble with fans nothing has ever been done to punish either to the best of my knowledge.
  • Options
    Toadborg wrote:
    Yes but nothing has actually been done has it so saying that England are 'made an example of' is in fact incorrect.......
    No nothing has being done because when they have threatened to kick us out of world cups/european chamionships the English fans have all behaved well, the turkish fans (along with a lot of other countries) get away with it time and time again without even a warning. If they had a warning then maybe they would behave better ??

Now its against Swiss and Sepp Blatter is Swiss something might be done about it, but should it take the turks coming up against Sepp Blatters nation to finally get something done against the scum??

Also from the footage I saw of the incident, the tunnel brawl was started with a Swiss player running past and booting the back of a turk coaches leg, then alpay flew in but kicked the wrong guy then a scuffle broke out. So I think the player brawl was mainly caused by the Swiss. BUT this doesn't get away from the fact that all the players had objects constantly thrown at them by the turk fans when heading for the tunnel.
  • Options
    Toadborg wrote:

England have had trouble with fans, Turkey have had trouble with fans nothing has ever been done to punish either to the best of my knowledge.

The supposed trouble caused by England abroad is always blown out of proportion. The last time they kicked off seriously was France '98 against local arabs as far as I can remember.

Also, when the infamous plastic-chair riot was going on, the belgians and turks were having it bigtime. Yet guess what the press chose to report...:rolleyes:
  • Options
    Well of course the English press are go to report on English fans aren't they?
  • Options
    Toadborg wrote:
    Well of course the English press are go to report on English fans aren't they?

It's not just the English press. The slightest bit of trouble and people are mouthing off about bans all over the continent. "This could be England's last tournament before they're banned" blah blah blah.