Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Their closeing down my department

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot
edited March 27 in Work & Study
My department at college failed its ofsted thingy and now we've been told that on the 5th of december we could all be without teachers!! I dont know what to do, I'm already panicking becuase of the work load and needing extra help, how the hell am I ment to cope if I dont have any teachers!!??!?

I'm verging on panic attak and I so scared. this is the first time I've ever been good at anything and their shutting it down.

This college is so shite! The last time I was here doing public services they had to fire the teacher 3 months before the course ended and now their going to do it again, only this time its not becuase the teachers are trying to shag us.

I dont know what to do, I cant retake the year at anpther college becuase in the other ones round here they've all siad I would have to start again from year one, and i'm half way through the second year and I just couldnt do it all over again!!
Beep boop. I'm a bot.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    if the college is that bad, you'd be better off elsewhere i think.

... see what the college say about whats going to happen re: classes, teachers, etc, it might get sorted out... these type of things generally find solutions on their own one way or another.

try not to freak out about it, until you hear more. :)
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Zella wrote:
    My department at college failed its ofsted thingy and now we've been told that on the 5th of december we could all be without teachers!! I dont know what to do, I'm already panicking becuase of the work load and needing extra help, how the hell am I ment to cope if I dont have any teachers!!??!?

I'm verging on panic attak and I so scared. this is the first time I've ever been good at anything and their shutting it down.

This college is so shite! The last time I was here doing public services they had to fire the teacher 3 months before the course ended and now their going to do it again, only this time its not becuase the teachers are trying to shag us.

I dont know what to do, I cant retake the year at anpther college becuase in the other ones round here they've all siad I would have to start again from year one, and i'm half way through the second year and I just couldnt do it all over again!!

I'm really surprised that the college is not making arrangements for you and they should be making a committment to doing that to be honest. Have you spoken to your tutors about it since this post?

One of the options that might be worth considering is distance learning - but I'm not sure if you would have to pay for a course :( Take a look at This article on home study

I really wish you lots of good luck with sorting this out - especially as you sound so passionate about your subject.

Take care ;)