Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

child abuse

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Thanx Helly, Luv ya babe!
  • Options
    During the recent naming and shaming of paedophiles by the News of the Screws, a house was wrecked and daubed with

"paedo scum"

The house belonged to a paediatrician!
  • Options
    Any abuser of any form should be taken out of society so that they can not comit such abhorrent crimes, a life sentence should be imposed on anyone who deprives another the right to a life without fear or hate. reading the earlier posts I believe most people would agree. However the real issue should be helping the victims to regain a life without fear and hate. having lived 21 years with such feeling enforced on me by the hands of a callous abuser I am now finally getting through these issues with the help of proper psychiatric help I am starting to live again. the real issue should be not so much the punishment for the offenders but the help of the victims. after all why should a victim live in fear, hatred and more importantly silence ?

LUKA

The river is wide and oh so deep !!
  • Options
    Can I just say, Child abuse is a sensitive subject. I was a victim myself and can understand y people think child abusers should be gotten rid of. The thing I would just like to say is, y is everyone who replied to Dirty Harry so bothered by what he has said? I mean with a name like Dirty Harry, what more would u expect ha ha ha. Hope this isnt offensive, I just found it hard to take someone serously, on the subject of abuse, when they carry the name dirty Harry!Am I the only one who has this oppinion????
  • Options
    Lolly, many of us were a little shocked by Dirty Harry's post because he has been a member of this board for a while now and we kind of feel like we get to know eachother and build up some kind of trust (regardless of our nicknames).

At the end of the day, we all have a right to air our own opinions and as long as they are nothing like this idiot that calls himself 'sys' than everything should be fine.

We have had lots of heated debates in here and sometimes we disagree with one another but we usually end up 'making up' when things cool down and everyone gives rational input.

I do think Harry has reflected on his initial statement and realised it may have been a little harsh and I don't feel that I have over reacted but I do realise that Harry has a right to his opinion and as much as I may disagree with him, he is alright.

Stay calm everyone, Love GwaiMui.

PS. I think everyone that has come on here and been open about what has happened to them are very mature and really brave, and it also shows that child abuse is very common in our society. (Most female friends I have had have been abused and also some of my male friends). This is a very scary but very real fact and should make us way more protective of our kids.