Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Leah's Legacy (BBC report)

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
From BBC news

A look back at the legacy of the media implications of the death of Leah Betts in 1995. I wonder what would have happened if she had been able to make use of services such as this back then...

Comments

• Options
    I think actually her story had a negative impact on harm reduction, once the real story got out it was seen as another tabloid scare story and the government lying about drug dangers.
  • Options
    It's funny how if she was told the proper effects of E's she'd know not to drink 3 litres of water in a short time instead of hearing how bad it is all the time.
  • Options
    I know someone who takes e's and hasn't got a care in the world for how much water he drinks, I hate being with him if he's taking them

The advice of 'drink a pint an hour' used to be the norm, but if you just sip water when you are thirsty you are unlikely to cause yourself any problems.

Obviously the more people drink with pills the worse problems they will get into.
  • Options
    That is a bit drastic, is he using it with any other drugs at the time, obviously alcohol, caffiene and amphetamines will make you uriniate.