Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Well heres my story for tonight...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Got paid today - been tired tonight so thought I'd do a quiet one and just have a few beers down my local.
I had been out of work for around 13 weeks since June until about 6 weeks ago and for the past 2 years had been a proper 'coke head' - (but i'm not addicted hahaha - thats what they all say). Well obviously due to the fact that I was out of work I had to knock it on the head completley for those 13 weeks. Funny thing was it was amazing how easy it was because I knew I couldn't get it, wasn't going out etc... Since back at work I have been doing it now and again - round about 20% compared to what I was doing.
Back to the subject of the quiet one down the local :
As I was worried about developing the habbit again I just took 20 quid out with me and went to the boring area of my town with plans to get pissed and maybe even have a kebab (then regret that to due to the fact I cant get the 'king taste out of my mouth the next morning despite brushing my teeth several thousand times - but thats another story).
Anyway to cut a long story short after the 6th or 7th pint ( I forget which, if its a bloke I'll say 8th to impress them, if its a bird I'll say 3rd so as not too seem like a pisshead) suddenly my alter ego mickey came out and decided that I did infact NEED coke and not the quiet night and Saturday morning sleep I promised myself. Mickey couldn't get coke so got crack instead - smoked it (which I've done before a few times now and again) and thought haha, how do people get addicted to this 1min buzz, I prefer coke - can I unwash it and snort it lol.
There's no real moral to this story - its just a case of me doing something which I always wondered how a lot of the other sound people on this newsgroup managed to do - post their experiences, almost as they experience them (other than the smoking part - I'm at home now).
I suppose if there was a moral, or I would rather call it a confirmation it would be :

ALCOHOL REALLY DOES LOWER YOUR INIBITIONS

Hope you like this - I think its descriptive and quite witty.

P.S Cocaine makes you arogant by the way...

:crazyeyes Moderation is the key - think I'll have that sleep I promised myself soon.

Comments

• Options
    Well everyone reacts differently to drugs, some like the taste of a drug and really want to do that drug again. Again, some people find it easier to go off drugs, I went of blow quite easily, some people found it hard.

Your post reminds me off some nights I used to have, promising not to do pills, get pissed then end up off your head. Ah well.
  • Options
    I get picky with different drugs sometimes, myself. I usually prefer pills, for instance, and at times, if I have a craving to snort another line and a friend wants to smoke some bud I'll actually pass sometimes if I want to keep a pure buzz. I don't like smoking shit as much as popping/snorting personally...
  • Options
    ALCOHOL REALLY DOES LOWER YOUR INIBITIONS

Haha, can completely relate. Ive been trying hard not to smoke anything, or pop anything for a while now. But all I need is a few drinks to many and someone who can get on, and my alter ego "Elroy" always tells me...

"you know you cant top your night any other way"

I guess at that stage, deciding to or not to do drugs is like deciding am I gonna fuck that ugly chick or am I not. LOL, I like your night's experience, it reminds me of friday nights...