Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Drug use in inner cities - Resources?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I don't know if you can help me with this, but i'm doing a short essay looking at the issue of drug use in British inner cities. Its more about the sourcing of information so I need to look at sources which are valid and relaible. I've got some journals and that from the library i need to look at, but was wondering if you could give me any reliable sources to look into, such as major drugs charities, government sites etc which may have articals or facts concerning this? Is Drugs scope a British charity?

Any help much appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    You can ask Drugscope but a lot of their information is for paying subscribers only.

If you can you could go to a big library and see if they have copies of Drug and Alcohol News, that would be a useful read.

Release (www.release.org.uk) might also have some useful information for you.

Oh, and Transform have quite a bit of information on their website too, thats www.tdpf.org.uk I think.
  • Options
    Can't help you on the details but Drug Scope is reliable, not sure if it's a charity or not.
  • Options
    Drugscope is a charity, formed by the amalgamation of the Standing Conference on Drug Abuse and the Institute for the Study of Drug Dependence.

about Drugscope

The National Treatment Agency site is worth a look too www.nta.nhs.uk as is the governent drug policy site www.drugs.gov.uk