Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

ghd's

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
does anyone know where i can buy ghd's cheaply? except ebay! cheers

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    The Fashion forum?
    :confused: what are ghd's??
    Brand of Hair products, Straighteners etc.. stands for 'Good hair days'..
    Welsh Jemz wrote:
    :confused: what are ghd's??
    where the hell have you been?!
    lipsy wrote:

I've never heard of them either. However conair kicks ass ;) Best $22 I've ever spent. My hair has *never* been striaghter, and it stays that way all day.

Edit: hmmm... I looked online and its actually $36. Oh I got a deal!!
    GHD's are the dogs bollocks. I've a set of the mini ones (for guys + short hair) and when you're properly doing yer hair for a night out, the difference is amazing.

Quality.

But - just look on the net (www.kelkoo.co.uk) and you will find the best prices. Not cheap, whichever way you look though.
    GHDs are totally overrated get yourself some futura straighteners from your local salon their only 50quid compared to 100!! an there just as good
    lipsy wrote:
    heh, i don't follow fashion

as far as i'm concerned, as long as i can get a brush through my hair in the mornings and chuck it into a ponytail, it's a good hair day :D
    ghds aren't cheap, they're good quality and long lasting so you can expect to pay for that. you'll only get them cheap if they're second hand i should think.
    I don't think i'd buy ghds after hearing about them exploding (not that I could afford them anyway :rolleyes: )
    My first pair of GHD's exploded.... :shocking:
    But I've had the replacement pair for around 3 years now and still going strong.

I can't imagine my life without them.

Ilora x
    exploding !!?? how ? ive got a pair of GHD and there the best thing since sliced bread ! lol do they just explode or was there a reason ?
    So what makes these things worth what they are sold for?
    Plugged 'em in, turned them on, then POOF, puff of smoke and sparks flying! Apparently the first 'batch' of GHD's were recalled because lots of them blew up.

They're so good because they work (when they don't explode!!!). They straighten hair, poker straight in the shortest amount of time. My hair will stay straight for 3 days after using them. They de-frizz, de-kink and de-fluff - they're simply wonderous!

Ilora x

They're so good because they work (when they don't explode!!!). They straighten hair, poker straight in the shortest amount of time. My hair will stay straight for 3 days after using them. They de-frizz, de-kink and de-fluff - they're simply wonderous!

Ilora x

lol, u sound like your being paid to advertise them :razz:

new job for ya there then..... hehe

:wave:
    http://www.ghs-direct.co.uk/

I bought my straighteners from here, they were great as they straightened my unrelaxed afro hair perfectly... but after 13 months one of the ceramic plates cracked. I was given a pair of GHDs by a friend afterwards as consolation but I couldn't get them to make my hair straight so I gave them to a friend with straight hair for her birthday. She absolutely loves them and gets her hair poker. I'm back to another pair of GHS so I guess it depends on your hair type too. Saying that, the womna who sold us the GHDs looked at my hair and said they would work so my advise is try before you buy. I have also found a bargain pair of straighteners in Wilkinsons for a tenner which are brand name, cant remember which though as I've already wrapped them as a crimbo pressie for a mate. I "tested" them on my hair and they seem alright if yor hair isn't too thick.
    ask your hairdresser if he/she knows anywhere you can buy some; thats what i did
    ^^Yeah. All the hair salons around here stock GHD's... albeit too pricey for my liking :eek2: £105... I paid £90, 3 years ago.

Ilora x
    I've gone through two pairs of GHDs. Both stopped heating up after 3months. May have been the "dodgy" batch.

I have a set of morphy richards now. I've had them for around 6months. They were £26 in an argos sale! Best money I've spend in a long time.