Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Hip Hop/ Rap

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    owura wrote:
    Most of you guys are not into 50Cent,why is that?cuz i like him,he's my fav. rapper.

Well as I've already mentioned, lyrically wise he's not that good, I admit he has a good enough flow but he doesn't talk about issues that affect me so why care?
    50 is also my favourite rapper at present. He has great tunes and beats, but my favourite rapper lyric wise has to be Eminem. Although, I really think Ne-Yo might turn into something big.
    drumbeat wrote:
    check out some AESOP ROCK. this man is the best lyricist i have ever heard, in any genre on music. BLOCKHEAD does most of the beats.

If you like him you may like MF Doom as well--- he has some pretty impressive beats
    owura wrote:
    Most of you guys are not into 50Cent,why is that?cuz i like him,he's my fav. rapper.

OK beats, but mediocre lyrics aimed at fulfilling suburban white boys gangsta fantasies.
    Blagsta wrote:
    OK beats, but mediocre lyrics aimed at fulfilling suburban white boys gangsta fantasies.

lol, that is actually quite true.
    owura wrote:

Because he's everything that that's wrong with hip hop!
    To be honest, I thought most of the world wouldn't be stupid enough to be seduced by 50 Cent's homophobic, mysoginistic and generally moronic lyrics but hey, I was wrong.

My favourite lyricist(s) has to be De La Soul. Anyone who makes a rap track about what's on their answer phone deserves a mention.
    nice ;)
    Jon_UK wrote:
    Because he's everything that that's wrong with hip hop!

No!i think you're wrong there,to me he's like the greatest thing that ever happened to hip hop.
    owura wrote:
    No!i think you're wrong there,to me he's like the greatest thing that ever happened to hip hop.

You've missed a whole chunk out of hip hop/rap history then.
    Blagsta wrote:

Lol!abt the lyrics stuff,i agree with y'all but he's still good. :cool:
    turlough wrote:
    You've missed a whole chunk out of hip hop/rap history then.

Not the greatest but one of the greatests,he's a living legend! :thumb:
    So you think 50 Cent will be talked about in 20 or 30 years time like, say, Kool Herc, The Last Poets or Public Enemy are today?
    Blagsta wrote:
    So you think 50 Cent will be talked about in 20 or 30 years time like, say, Kool Herc, The Last Poets or Public Enemy are today?

No,not that!He's been talked abt everywhere you,he's become famous and very successful.
    owura wrote:
    No,not that!He's been talked abt everywhere you,he's become famous and very successful.

I think he means do you think 50 Cent will be still be famous in 20 or 30 years time?
    turlough wrote:
    I think he means do you think 50 Cent will be still be famous in 20 or 30 years time?

Well,who knows,he might be cuz of the sudden popularity and success he's enjoying.
    owura wrote:
    Well,who knows,he might be cuz of the sudden popularity and success he's enjoying.

Yes but there are a lot of similar rappers/bands/pop stars who are enjoying the same level of popularity. The chances are that in 5 years they'll be unknown, do you think that 50 Cent is that good that in 20 or 30 years he'll be regarded in the same level as the people blagsta's mentioned.
    owura wrote:

So he's not a living legend then?
    owura wrote:

Yeah, but he's a shit hyped up record company puppet.
    turlough wrote:
    Yes but there are a lot of similar rappers/bands/pop stars who are enjoying the same level of popularity. The chances are that in 5 years they'll be unknown, do you think that 50 Cent is that good that in 20 or 30 years he'll be regarded in the same level as the people blagsta's mentioned.

Well,the posibility of 50 enjoying the fame he's enjoying now will be like 50,50.Though,he'll be regareded but not as what he's now.You know time changes and things will never be the same for him as all those like him.
    Blagsta wrote:
    Yeah, but he's a shit hyped up record company puppet.

:mad:
    owura wrote:
    :mad:

True enough though, I think 50 has good potential and he has some good beats but the lyrics are completely meaningless, not the makings of a legend.
    turlough wrote:
    True enough though, I think 50 has good potential and he has some good beats but the lyrics are completely meaningless, not the makings of a legend.

Ooow!ok,i'll talk to him to make them better,lol!
    owura wrote:

I nominate this for most stupid post of the year. I can't see anyone else beating it.

He must be the only hip-hop artist you've ever heard if you've come to that conclusion without mind-altering substances.

No-one will be listening to 50 Cent in 20 years. Whereas people will still be listening to Public Enemy, NWA, Dead Prez and De La Soul. Because they're good.
    Check out Skinnyman. He has proper lyrics.
    I nominate this for most stupid post of the year. I can't see anyone else beating it.

He must be the only hip-hop artist you've ever heard if you've come to that conclusion without mind-altering substances.

No-one will be listening to 50 Cent in 20 years. Whereas people will still be listening to Public Enemy, NWA, Dead Prez and De La Soul. Because they're good.
    And where do you come from?No matter what you do 50 is good and will always be 50,of course somebody will listen to him in 20 years to come,i'll listen to him and most fans will do the same,the loyal ones means.
    owura wrote:
    And where do you come from?

Saffffffhamptun. Home of Craig David.
    50 cent to hip hop is what busted were to rock and roll. He's a pre-packaged, manufactured pop star.

He has no originality,
    He has no interest in doing anything other than making as much cash as he can,
    He's got very little personality.

The only thing about 50 cent that I could praise is that he's a tribute to eminem and Dr Dre's business and marketing ability.
    owura wrote:
    And where do you come from?No matter what you do 50 is good and will always be 50,of course somebody will listen to him in 20 years to come,i'll listen to him and most fans will do the same,the loyal ones means.

:lol:
    Jon_UK wrote:
    50 cent to hip hop is what busted were to rock and roll. He's a pre-packaged, manufactured pop star.

Very, very good analogy Jon.

I can imagine that he only did a Dre tribute because it's almost law nowadays in the rap world to do it. Dre was good but he's not the only one.