Home We Need You
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Daily Mail looking for child of a single mum

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Daily Mail are looking for a young woman who had single mum - free makeover included (!)

Hi,

I'm looking for a young woman born in the 1980s to a teenage, single mother. We're asking what it was like to be brought up by a teenage mum (preferably under 16 at the time of birth)and would also like to interview Mum on what sort of struggle she had. It's for a very straightforward piece and a fee of £100 each will be paid to both mum and daughter, plus glamorous make-over for photograph.

If you're interested in taking part, please can you phone
Jenny Nisbet on 07958 283170 or email me at jennynisbet@aol.com

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Not bad if you want to be flamed for having a slut for a mother, I guess.

I just love the irony of the newspaper who have flamed this website more than any other now coming crawling here for help to fill their hate-ridden rag.
    I just love the irony of the newspaper who have flamed this website more than any other now coming crawling here for help to fill their hate-ridden rag.

My thoughts exactly. "You should have kept your legs closed, having a baby under the age of 16 makes you a scrounger off the state and while we're arrogant, bigoted and proud - OMGfreemakova4u!!"

But if they're running short on volunteers - they managed to fake a pregnancy on a 14 year old when she went snooping round Marie Stopes - I'm sure Ms B is up for more.
    The fucking gall of it. Wankers.
    The researcher is specifically looking for a mother who has had some tough struggle too... she isn't exactly approaching the piece neutrally is she?!
  • Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    The fucking gall of it. Wankers.
    Exactally my thoughts.

Well, they can fuck right off IMHO. Coming HERE and asking for it - Sigh. Looks like they want to have a good slagging period at someone.

I read an article that made me laugh - A daily mail person went to Georgia, and was supprised that her hotel - which cost £5 a night - was absolutley shite. Guess the mail is stupid too. £5 a night, lucky you get a bed.
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    I read an article that made me laugh - A daily mail person went to Georgia, and was supprised that her hotel - which cost £5 a night - was absolutley shite. Guess the mail is stupid too. £5 a night, lucky you get a bed.

I got an excellent bed in a hostel in Cape Town for £4 a night a few years ago, it can be done.