Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

nwe york

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
new york like rules like hell yer wat do u think ? :love:
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I wasn't that impressed to be quite honest, its a nice enough place I guess, there just wasnt a great deal there to suck me in. The Village was nice and I had an excellent meal there but virtually all of Manhattan is quite dull. Central Park is nice though and I hear the outlying areas are more interesting but I didnt have time for them. In terms of cities, Sydney , London and Barcelona are better.
    I'd love to go to NYC. My friends just got back from a week there and they loved it.

Rss- have you ever even been to NYC, or you just saying you love it because it's known for all the "gangsters" for wannabes suchas yourself to idolise?

:p
    I hated Time Square but Central Park was great and east village/soho/china town were all very cool places. I didn't get to see much of the rest of New York.

Think my expectations were too high so was a little dissapointed ... in America I prefered San Francisco and Seattle
    Chicago is good too, if a little too clean for my liking.

For North American cities Montreal is excellent and well worth a visit.
    I loved New York - it was everything I expected and more.
    Thing about New York is that there is amazingly evident wealth and huge poverty mixed together in a very small place. It's a nice place I'll give you that. Going to CBGB's was really fucking cool as was Central Park and Grenwich Village but not my favourite place.

I was fortunate enough to go to New Orleans before the floods and that was a really remarkable place. As is Seattle and San Paco.
    NYC was ok. If you like lights, and noise, and Macy's, and buildings, and people. Baseball was good though. The Subway scared me. The tallness of everything scared me. I was just scared.

And it was too hot, too polluted, and I got a cold cause of the climate change. Bastards.
    Anyone been to Toronto and/or Niagara Falls?
    Going for a week in january, should be great!!
    i have been to nyc that is why i love it so many tall towers and nice ppl :)
    rss3000 wrote:
    i have been to nyc that is why i love it so many tall towers and nice ppl :)
    Wait a minute now.... are you SURE that was NYC you were at? Where in the city did you go to meet "nice" people? LOL.
    Lycander wrote:
    Wait a minute now.... are you SURE that was NYC you were at? Where in the city did you go to meet "nice" people? LOL.

Everyone I met was super nice. I was surprised to be honest, imagined it to be quite cold and nasty like in London. But we were treated ever so well and even asking people for directions wasn't a problem. In fact, one lady gave us half a tour of New York! Amazing.
    Sorry, I was being sarcastic. But over here in the states, New Yorkers have a bad rap for being rude and snobby, even down-right crude. I walked around the city and constantly hear car horns honking, taxi drivers seem almost eager to run you down when you try to cross the street.

There are also jokes about random people who yell obscenities and flip you off... randomly. Although just a joke, there is truth to it.
    By the way, those of you who've been to NYC, did you see the "Naked Cowboy" ? Whaddya think?
    Everyone I met was super nice. I was surprised to be honest, imagined it to be quite cold and nasty like in London.

The only reason tourists get this impression is they insist on using the Tube during rush hour with huge bags, this will get you disliked.
    Everyone I met was super nice. I was surprised to be honest, imagined it to be quite cold and nasty like in London.

Woah! :yeees:

Lets tone down the sweeping statements ... that's my home.
    We dont want her sort around anyway, riff raff.
    i enjoyed it, i was only there for 3 days tho, could have done with slightly more. once i got over the "oh my god im in a movie city" it was just like any other major city. ive been to better cities however.

but still deffo a place you need to go.
    the best thing about nyc was they did not say omg can u say that again i love ur london accent. i thank the ppl in new york for that . thank u
    NYC is a fantastic place.

But still, San Fran > NYC
    Agreed. San Paco rules.
    bongbudda wrote:
    The only reason tourists get this impression is they insist on using the Tube during rush hour with huge bags, this will get you disliked.

When I've been to London, I wasn't rushing round with large bags in rush hour, in fact I purposely kept away from public transport in rush hour. I found people are just generally rude.
    Jon_UK wrote:
    Woah! :yeees:

Lets tone down the sweeping statements ... that's my home.

It wasn't a sweeping statement really. I'm sure you're a nice, warm, friendly guy. But I said London is cold and nasty. And in general, it is., to a nice friendly Manchester/Cheshire girl like myself.
    bongbudda wrote:
    We dont want her sort around anyway, riff raff.

This made me laugh too much. :thumb: :lol:
    It wasn't a sweeping statement really. I'm sure you're a nice, warm, friendly guy. But I said London is cold and nasty. And in general, it is., to a nice friendly Manchester/Cheshire girl like myself.

Christ ... manchester?!?! Then I take no offence ... you're all so indoctrinated to hate us that you can't make an impartial judgement.

... besides I can't help but feel sorry for you lot. Do you have running water that far north yet? :p
    Jon_UK wrote:
    Do you have running water that far north yet? :p
    Rainiest city in the country isn't it, Manchester?
    Kentish wrote:
    Rainiest city in the country isn't it, Manchester?

Ah, so they do. Perhaps it was just the shock of seeing civilisation for the first time that frightened her?
    Jon_UK wrote:
    Ah, so they do. Perhaps it was just the shock of seeing civilisation for the first time that frightened her?

Maybe it was people going to those wierd things called 'jobs' which I'm not sure they have had in the North since the mills and pits were closed.
    going bk to nyc next year so good cant wait
    Oh har de har. You're all so funny.
    why thank u