Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Lethargic about college

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
It's my third year in college. I'm still classed as a first year. I did a diploma first year then I did A levels second year, but due to medical reasons I had to leave in feburary. I started again with the same classes...one alteration.

Thing is I know what I'm doing. I've already done all of this before. I know the teachers so well. So you would have thought great right? Only I just don't see the point. Why come if I'm not really doing anything? I can't change courses because I NEED these ones. I love these ones.

Then to add to the problem this new teacher arrived this year and here comes my real rant. But first:
Debbie- one of my classics teachers
Stuart- Math teacher
Polly- student thingy (don't ask I have no idea) and the new teacher
Steve- Head of humanities and my english teacher

Well Steve told me in class that Polly needed to see me about something but wouldn't tell me what. So in my gap between lessons the next day I went to make an appointment and she made me stay, called steve down and then started. All fired up for kicking me out of college. Why? Because Stuart has apparantly complained about me not doing the work, having an attitude, shouting and swearing at him. Well me being me...I get out my work from that days math class. And adamantly refuse that I shout or swear at him. Well I don't speak in his class. Well I get her to ring him and oh look. He says I haven't either, but he wants to get rid of me all the same.
So then Polly starts saying that I was shouting and swearing at Debbie last week. Now at this point I broke down into tears. I mean Debbie...she's someone I often spend 10 minutes or more chatting to after class, we talk in the corridors, we talk outside of class. And I believed that Debbie had said this. Polly wanted to throw me out of college. Steve looked shocked that I was crying. I think this is what saved my skin really.
Well anyway. 25 minutes late to classics I arrive fuming and glaring at Debbie. Not talking at all. After the class I handed in my work and thank heavens for Holly having an appointment in hospital, because I then had to speak to Debbie, and I told her about the girl being in hospital and then explained why I was late...in detail. Well needless to say Debbie is outraged. I never swore or shouted at her and I never would. She knows this and says that she's going to have words with Polly.
Well I don't back down. Polly chose the wrong18 year old to piss off. I'll fight her till I clear my name and get an appology.

Thing is. I can't help but wonder....is teaching this important to me? Should I stick college out? Because they way I feel today I am tempted to just quit.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Why would they want to kick you out of college if you're such an angel? :confused:

Thing is I know what I'm doing. I've already done all of this before. I know the teachers so well. So you would have thought great right? Only I just don't see the point. Why come if I'm not really doing anything? I can't change courses because I NEED these ones. I love these ones.

what? you love the courses but you want to leave? i would've thought loving your subjects and needing the grades for those particular subjects would be incentive enough to stay! if you've done 2 years you may aswell stick it out for the last few months. i did 3 years at college 'cause i messed up with some of my subjects and i know it's not nice when all your friends go off to uni and what not but you get on with it and knuckle down to do your work. no point in giving up at the last hurdle, is there.
    it's not just a few months. When I finish this year I still have another year left. It's just, I have so many people wanting me to fail and I'm bored with repeating the same thing. I just don't know if it's worth it anymore.

God knows why she wants me out. I'm no angel, I'm first to admit it and I'm first to admit my mistakes. But I've not done anything to warrant this treatment. I mean just before half term Polly had a go at me saying that my clothes are inapropriate for college...and I was wearing a long black skirt and black backless top with a low neck, not that she could see what my top was like as I had a coat on! I think she's bored, or wants to prove herself or something, but I already have enough to deal with without her adding to it.
    Is there a school counsellor or maybe you have a personal tutor you can discuss things with?

Do don't seem to be dealing with it very maturely, if you don't mind me saying.
    Yes I have both a tutor and a counsoler. That's what got me in this situation. I was talking to my tutor about a problem and then it got transferred to Polly and that problem was sorted but I now have so many more.