Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Gay/Bi/Lesbian

2»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    bongbudda wrote:
    Ah ha! As always.

If you fancy trying something, fine, I just cant be bothered with the whole song and dance, unless I'm sleeping with you its none of my business and I'd rather not know.
    Ahhh I get you. I thought you were talking about all women and men who like both sexes and saying how we only do it for a fad and we're immature.

I remember being in the toilets of a club that had a rock night on and these two chavs (who were trying to be rock... in a sort of transition lol) kissed each other and then one looked at me and goes "I just found out I'm bi, what way do you swing?" and I pretty much told her to mind her fucking business.

I remember coming out to a close friend (because I never really understood bisexuality until I was around 18... Even though I realised I liked women) and he turned around and said that it's Ok because he's bi too... Then half my mates were like "I'm bisexual" and for a while I felt less tension...

However, there's a difference between kissing a member of the same sex in a club and... Well, desiring to be with them spiritually and physically and there are people who feel that genuinely for both sexes. In a way it's not that hard to see why there is prejudice surrounding bisexuality because people tend to stereotype others based on their experiences. There are men and women out there who have been romantically involved with both sexes and not had to shout it from the rooftops.

To the original poster on this thread... What you feel is what you feel and don't let anybody put you down for it. If you want to go ahead and try things with women then go for it, but I wouldn't recommend labelling yourself straight away. Discovering your sexuality as a part of who you are is a lifelong and profound process.

Good luck.
    Bisexuality is a stupid term anyway because it implies you have exactly the same level of desire for both sexes, which is virtually always not true, and even if it is the desire for each is different anyway.

Its just sexuality, all the other terms are balls.
    bongbudda wrote:
    Bisexuality is a stupid term anyway because it implies you have exactly the same level of desire for both sexes, which is virtually always not true, and even if it is the desire for each is different anyway.

Its just sexuality, all the other terms are balls.
    Nah, the term 'bi' is Latin for 'two' isn't it?
    Nah, the term 'bi' is Latin for 'two' isn't it?

Well yes, but how many people look into the Latin origins for their words, the common perception is that bisexual people just fancy anyone, arent picky and are some how a bit wierd.
    bongbudda wrote:
    Well yes, but how many people look into the Latin origins for their words, the common perception is that bisexual people just fancy anyone, arent picky and are some how a bit wierd.
    A perception reinforced by the media and their representation of bisexual men and women as something sinister.

Personally I believe there would be far more openly bisexual, gay, lesbian and transgendered people if society were more acceptng of it (especially bi and trans).
    Its a lot like race, if we stopped making a big deal about it and giving people these stupid and totally meaningless labels it would fade away.
    Perhaps one day there would be no need to 'come out' because everything will be so natural... It'd be no different to date the same sex than to date the same race. Then again... That's unlikely to ever happen.
    Perhaps one day there would be no need to 'come out' because everything will be so natural... It'd be no different to date the same sex than to date the same race. Then again... That's unlikely to ever happen.

Its unlikely as long as we persist in stupid labels, what hole you aim for or what vague colour your skin make absoloutely no difference .

It is sad that this is unlikely to ever happen. Personally I don't care what my friends are in terms of race and sexual perferance, as long as we have simular interests thats all that matters. The only way this could happen if we get rid of the labels.
    Little_one wrote:
    It is sad that this is unlikely to ever happen.

I'm not sure it is anywhere near impossible though, think how far things have changed in the last 50 years.

The problem is that people are, in the main, crap and we seem to have a nasty habit of scapegoating others for our own problems.