Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Drinking glowsticks..

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi,

I know this might be a wierd question, but on sat night i was at a rave, and i saw people chewing the end's off glowsticks and drinking a tiny amount of the liquid inside, I have seen this often....

Now i know they won't be doing it for the refreshing taste :yuck: , so what does it do to you?? sounds pretty sketchy to me!!

Wld be cool if someone told me bit a bout it......

thanx

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    That's just eww. I can't imagine it tasting any good, or giving any positive effect.
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    That's not good stuff. We used to bite the ends off and flick them round the place but I never swallowed any. I've had it in my eye and it stings like bitch.
    Weekender Offender 
    Skive wrote:
    I've had it in my eye and it stings like bitch.
    yeh me too :(
    **raver** wrote:
    and i saw people chewing the end's off glowsticks

:lol:

They're probably so off their heads that they don't realises they're drinking it or they are just stupid.
    thats comedy, might send your pish glowing
    I think they're making it up.
  • JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    Glow sticks are toxic. Even the non-toxic ones act as an irritant when ingested or when they get in your eye. Common ingredients found in glowsticks include are sodium & ammonium carbonate, luminol and copper sulfate pentahydrate, along with hydrogen peroxide. Bound to do no good to your insides, and I'm not sure you would want that kind of chemical reaction going on inside your stomach.
    Anyone who calls themself **raver** and who's first post is about drinking glowsticks, has to be having a laugh.
  • Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Blagsta wrote:
    Anyone who calls themself **raver** and who's first post is about drinking glowsticks, has to be having a laugh.
    Most probably.

The packet says toxic. So, do not drink would be a logical step. Probably just out of it on something... or they are thinking "Wouldn't it look cool if the inside of my mouth was glowing?"...

It's fun painting markings on the road with them, mind...
    i doubt they were drinking them to get some sort of effect from it, most probably biting it open to throw it all over the place
    I remember when I was about 8 I was walking along a street in Blackpool while chewing a glowstick and it burst in my mouth the taste was disgusting.
    some glow stick ended up in a punch at a party i was at once, along with some morphine and a load of booze. doesnt taste very nice. a few people passed out and acted very strange, but was most probably due to the other ingredients.
    i swear you people are on drugs!