Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

fitness videos

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
does anyone here recommend any of them?? :D
i go to the gym every now and again so thats fine and all, but sometimes i just cant be bothered to get changed and go down there!

soo i thought that maybe id get an exercise video and workout in my room! it will be easier plus (depending on video) be more fun :D

so has anyone watched/worked out to one in the past and thought it was good? im going into town tomorrow and i might as well get one!

oh yeah, and im pretty limited on space where im living now (uni halls!) so i dont want to be getting a video that needs me to be running round and dancing etc!

thanks a lot
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    It's really old (not as old as those awsome 80's aorbics videos with the ass bouncing and spandax body suites, but... Kathy Ireland Body Specifics: 12 Minute Abs/12 Minute Buns/12 Minute Thighs (1995) is quite good! it worked ;)
    My faves are these

carmen electra - fit to strip

my absolute favourite - won't make you break a sweat and you don't have to strip, honest, just a fifty minute workout with loads of really good toning and strengthening exercises - made such a difference i promise you - I used this in halls fine, all you need is a mat and a sturdy chair for some exercises. I used it in halls fine as you don't need too much room and you wont be stomping around annoying the person below you

pump-it-up
    this is much more hardcore but has a fantastic soundtrack
    thanks for the suggestions!! i dont know how easy it will be to get hold of that kathy ireland video but i will try!!
    as for the pump it up and carmen electra videos - i will go get them tomorrow! just looked them up on virgin and the reviews look goood so i will get them :)

any more recommendations? im up for trying quite a few! (lol i weighed myself this morning and am veery determined to get fit!)
    Hip-hop workout 1 and 2 are both quite good, you spend so much time trying to learn the moves that you don't even notice that you're working out! You don't even have to really like hip-hop either. I found both of them lots of fun to learn, as well as giving you a good workout.
    Davina Power of 3 is quite good!
    I borrowed the Carmen Electra from a friend and I would also recomend it now ;) No results yet, but I've only done it once :p
    ginge86 wrote:
    Davina Power of 3 is quite good!

:yes:

I also bought a dance workout box set off amazon, it had jade goody, helen off one of the big brothers and liberty X, I like these for the variety, plus coz ur dancing it doesn't really feel like hard work, but gets your heart rate going, which is the whole point. Jades voice gets on my nerves though :lol:
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    This is the only fitness video.

Ministry of Sound
    Weekender Offender 
    Fitness videos...we have tons of them...but not enough room in any of our rooms to actually do them...So I wouldn't know. I should stop buying fitness videos really. I never use them.