Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

They Behead Schoolgirls

1235»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    If you’re referring to accidentally regurgitating Fox News’s tagline fair enough…If you were questioning the credibility of the historian Benny Morris, I know it’s not like you but providing some substance would be helpful.

We are talking Benny the racist here, no?

Benny who was instrumental in proving that the Nakba really did happen, that massacres and rape were used as co-ercion, that there was a "military plan D" to actively "purify" the land?

Who now decries the fact that there wasn't more rape and killing.........

You call him "balanced and fair"?

That is just plain sick.

Benny Morris's Shocking Interview

No More Tears: Benny Morris and the Road Back from Liberal Zionism

Plenty more substance
  • Options
    The sad truth is mat, Iraq was no terrorist haven before the war, now it is a water-hole for terrorists...so much for freedom and democracy eh?

Thanks for your well informed opinion on the matter. I will take it into consideration when your investigative resources exceed that of the CIA and MI6 combined.
    This is, Mat, a fact. The war was badly planned, executed, and the follow up plan didnt seem to exist. A perfect model of how not to liberate a country.

Wrong. The war was a stunning success - considering it was a country of 20 million and only a few thousand people were actually killed in the fighting and major combat operations were over in days.

But never mind eh? I know you were rooting for the Yanks to be slaughtered - maybe next time?
  • Options
    Thanks for your well informed opinion on the matter. I will take it into consideration when your investigative resources exceed that of the CIA and MI6 combined.

Wrong. The war was a stunning success - considering it was a country of 20 million and only a few thousand people were actually killed in the fighting and major combat operations were over in days.

But never mind eh? I know you were rooting for the Yanks to be slaughtered - maybe next time?

Yeah - all those WMDs eh mat? Real good intelligence that was.

Letting the Iraqi 'insurgents' get hold of tons of military strength explosives that were already under US control was an inspired move too.

Only 2000 dead working class Americans and rising.

You're a parody of a real person mat.

:rolleyes:
  • Options
    Given that just about everyone including the British and American governments have conceded that there was no terrorism or even terrorist links whatsoever in Iraq prior to the war, I find it hilarious that you still pretend any different.

Wrong. The war hasn't finished by any means. Bombing a piss-poor, demoralised and terribly equipped conscription army was a success (how could it have been any different?). Gaining control of the country and fighting guerilla warfare has been an unmitigated disaster and the country is nearer to total anarchy and civil war that it has ever been.

Go tell the mother of the 2,000th US soldier fatality that the war was a success- or that it is over.
  • Options
    We are talking Benny the racist here, no?

Benny who was instrumental in proving that the Nakba really did happen, that massacres and rape were used as co-ercion, that there was a "military plan D" to actively "purify" the land?

Who now decries the fact that there wasn't more rape and killing..

Like many professional historians with integrity Benny Morris the historian and Benny Morris the person can be separated. G.R. Elton who wrote in depth on historiography (see his book The Practice of History) suggested that the historian should be judged on the merit of their work and their findings rather than their personal views, etc. What a historian says in an interview with a newspaper is quite different to his professional findings in a journal or in a book. I think you’ll find that even the most extreme pro-Palestinian commentators such as Norman Finkelstein recognise the research and findings of Benny Morris (although Finkelstein in Image & Reality of the Israel-Palestine Conflict disputes the conclusions Morris draws from his own research).

I struggle to see how you can back up your claim that Morris ‘now decries the fact that there wasn’t more rape and killing’. The findings of his 2003 book The Birth of the Palestinian Refugee Problem Revisited (updated version of his 1988 book The Birth of the Palestinian Refugee Problem 1947-49) contradict your claims.

Still it’s pointless discussing this with you as I doubt you’ve even read any of the books in question. Have you even read any scholarly history text of Israel/Palestine from a reputable historian? Leaflets distributed by unemployed racists picketing Marks & Spencer are not scholarly.
  • Options
    Do you know what Neighbour Procedure is?

Is it not true that West Bank Settlements are still expanding?

Twelve is a blogpost which suggests that you are still being too kind to the Israeli soldiers who murder children.

The figures for this year aren't much cause for complacency either.

iv lost my mind for a few days, what is a zionist, extreemist jew? forgoton
  • Options
    Like many professional historians with integrity Benny Morris the historian and Benny Morris the person can be separated. G.R. Elton who wrote in depth on historiography (see his book The Practice of History) suggested that the historian should be judged on the merit of their work and their findings rather than their personal views, etc. What a historian says in an interview with a newspaper is quite different to his professional findings in a journal or in a book. I think you’ll find that even the most extreme pro-Palestinian commentators such as Norman Finkelstein recognise the research and findings of Benny Morris (although Finkelstein in Image & Reality of the Israel-Palestine Conflict disputes the conclusions Morris draws from his own research).

I struggle to see how you can back up your claim that Morris ‘now decries the fact that there wasn’t more rape and killing’. The findings of his 2003 book The Birth of the Palestinian Refugee Problem Revisited (updated version of his 1988 book The Birth of the Palestinian Refugee Problem 1947-49) contradict your claims.

Still it’s pointless discussing this with you as I doubt you’ve even read any of the books in question. Have you even read any scholarly history text of Israel/Palestine from a reputable historian? Leaflets distributed by unemployed racists picketing Marks & Spencer are not scholarly.

yeah iv never read it, thankyou for even enlightening me with it, i WILL research it and recomend to others, thankyou
  • Options

Nice try.

I linked to 2 critiques of Benny's "historiography",

Your own little prejudices managed to slip through there in that last sentence, no?

:chin:

BTW - Heres his revisionist claim of what he said to Haaretz:
    »Benny Morris: And I do believe, as I said (but wasn't fully quoted) in the Haaretz interview, it is unfortunate that the 1948 war did not end more decisively demographically, either with all the Jews pushed into the sea (as the Palestinians and Arab states intended and attempted, which is what led to the refugee problem) or all the Palestinians pushed into Jordan, where they would have established their state. The ME would have been a better place and the two peoples would have enjoyed a happier history.«

So, he is saying a bit more rape, a bit more murder and we could have stolen the whole of Palestine........
  • Options
    I'd say it was an act of Islamic extremism which is completly unrelated to western foreign policy.

Are you talking about the subject of the OP or Islamist terrorism in general?
    Who is that?

Straw man.
    Did I say that?

You heavily implied it.
    Its ludicrous to suggest that the entire country was empty of Islamic militants.

I suggest you educate yourself a bit more. How many car bombs were there in Iraq under Saddam? How many are there now?
  • Options

I think you'll find that the CIA and MI6 actually concur with me on this one. Unless you're still clinging to the discredited propaganda that we went into Iraq to deal with Al-Queda?

Stunning success in what way? Do you ever actually watch the news?

20_002.jpg
  • Options
    So, he is saying a bit more rape, a bit more murder and we could have stolen the whole of Palestine........

Or alternatively he's saying if the Arabs had been able to get their act together there wouldn't be an israel. Nice try to twist his words...
  • Options
    Nice try.

I linked to 2 critiques of Benny's "historiography",

Your own little prejudices managed to slip through there in that last sentence, no?

Can you not read or something? You don’t appear to have grasped the point I made in my last post at all…

Benny Morris is a professional historian and widely recognised as a very good one. In his research he is incredibly balanced and scrupulously fair. He is deeply professional and most readers of his work generally feel he doesn’t allow any personal bias to cloud his judgement. Even Norman Finkelstein – one of the most pro-Palestinian commentators recognises the significance of Morris’s work:

‘Morris has tapped a wealth of archival material which no serious student of the Israeli-Palestinian conflict can afford to ignore. In effect, Morris’s research will serve as the benchmark for all future scholarship on the topic.’ Finkelstein Image & Reality p. 87

What he says in a newspaper interview – his political views are quite separate to serious academic publications. I know that for some people – yourself for instance, if you were a historian you would be unable to separate your extreme anti-Israel views with your role as a historian. However for a respected intelligent academic such as Morris that is possible. (And anyway, lets put this into perspective – you’ve taken a few things Morris has said out of context. This guy isn’t some extreme Zionist, to the contrary he was boycotted by the Israeli academic establishment before because he was seen as anti-Zionist. He has changed some of his views but he’s still pretty moderate).

Anyway I’m not discussing this with you further until it’s clear that you’ve actually read some of Morris’s work. (Or perhaps I should say something that even resembles a scholarly history rather than a few propagandistic pamphlets).
  • Options
    Can you not read or something? You don’t appear to have grasped the point I made in my last post at all…

Benny Morris is a professional historian and widely recognised as a very good one. In his research he is incredibly balanced and scrupulously fair. He is deeply professional and most readers of his work generally feel he doesn’t allow any personal bias to cloud his judgement. Even Norman Finkelstein – one of the most pro-Palestinian commentators recognises the significance of Morris’s work:

‘Morris has tapped a wealth of archival material which no serious student of the Israeli-Palestinian conflict can afford to ignore. In effect, Morris’s research will serve as the benchmark for all future scholarship on the topic.’ Finkelstein Image & Reality p. 87

What he says in a newspaper interview – his political views are quite separate to serious academic publications. I know that for some people – yourself for instance, if you were a historian you would be unable to separate your extreme anti-Israel views with your role as a historian. However for a respected intelligent academic such as Morris that is possible. (And anyway, lets put this into perspective – you’ve taken a few things Morris has said out of context. This guy isn’t some extreme Zionist, to the contrary he was boycotted by the Israeli academic establishment before because he was seen as anti-Zionist. He has changed some of his views but he’s still pretty moderate).

Anyway I’m not discussing this with you further until it’s clear that you’ve actually read some of Morris’s work. (Or perhaps I should say something that even resembles a scholarly history rather than a few propagandistic pamphlets).

You have no idea what I have and haven't read.

So get off your high horse and note that Morris's work has some serious flaws.

As you still haven't managed to read the Kimmerling and Beinin critiques - including:

Kimmerling:
    Morris in general loved to leave his moral and ideological attitude toward the events he described ambiguous, and this was a correct position from his positivistic historian’s point of view, in which role he claims objectivity, even if a careful reading of almost all of Morris’ writings reveals a very simplistic and one-dimensional view on the Jewish-Arab conflict. Despite all his “discoveries” about moral wrongs perpetrated by the Israelis, on the bottom line, he always tended to adopt the official Israeli interpretation of the events (in The Refugee Problem and Righteous Victims: A History of the Zionist-Arab Conflict, 1881-2001, but less in Israel’s Border Wars).

Beinin:
    The racism Morris has openly expressed during the second intifada is prefigured by his historical method, beginning with his earliest publications during the first intifada. All his work is characterized by the near total exclusion of Arab testimony.
    Morris’ empiricist and positivist historical method excludes Palestinian Arab voices from his narratives to nearly the same extent as the old historians and the political leadership with which they were organically connected. Explaining that he was “brought up believing in the value of documents,” Morris claims to distrust oral evidence
    Despite the sympathy it might arouse for their plight, Morris’ historical method contributes to the historical and political marginalization of the Palestinians. Moreover, his positivist and literalist approach to reading archival evidence results in a historical incoherence which renders the experiences of the Palestinians and other Arabs obscure if not incomprehensible.

"incredibly balanced and scrupulously fair"?

I think not ............

In spite of all that, his work does serve to illustrate that the zionist project was and remains dependant on ethnic cleansing/genocide.

Which leads Kimmerling to conclude:
    But the historian is not just a part of the collective mood and expresses it, he also provides historical and intellectual legitimacy to the most primitive and self-destructive impulse of a very troubled society. Perhaps it is indicative that to the interviewer’s question -- "if Zionism is so dangerous for the Jews and if Zionism makes the Arabs so wretched, maybe it was [from the start] a mistake?" – Morris lacks any meaningful answers.

Pappe would certainly disagree with you on the question of Morris's 'professionalism' - and with good cause - the idea that somebody can collate facts in a neutral way is old fashioned bollocks. Furthermore, Pappe insists that Morris's racism was known to him from the very first meeting.
    Pappe wrote:
    The debate between us is on one level between historians who believe they are purely objective reconstructers of the past, like Morris, and those whoclaim that they are subjective human beings striving to tell their own version of the past, like myself. When we write histories, we built arches over a long period of time and we construct out of the material in front of us a narrative. We believe and hope that this narrative is a loyal reconstruction of what happened - although as was discovered by historiographers Morris had never bothered to read - we can not ride a train back in time to check it.

Pappe is more honest in his approach - regardless of what you make of his conclusions.

:wave:
  • Options
    G.R. Elton who wrote in depth on historiography (see his book The Practice of History) suggested that the historian should be judged on the merit of their work and their findings rather than their personal views, etc.

Elton?

Funny coming from someone himself who was very biased in his works.
  • Options
    turlough wrote:
    Elton?

Funny coming from someone himself who was very biased in his works.

Elton is like every other historian in having a bias; nobody is free of a bias so his suggestion in The Practice of History of focusing mainly on the documentary record as the ultimate authority of historical accuracy and legitimacy makes sense. With Carr’s What Is History? Elton’s The Practice of History is considered very authoritative in historiography.

freethepeeps - I’m not suggesting Morris’s research is flawless; Efraim Karsh in Fabricating Israeli History makes some interesting criticisms for instance. However I think Finkelstein's quote summarises the significance of Morris's work. Shlaim seems more credible than Pappe, there are many criticisms of the latter's approach. Such is this history being as contentious as it is my definition of a 'balanced history' will be different to yours; for you a 'balanced history' is nothing less than Israel being completely to blame. I happen to agree with Morris, who generally seems to conclude that wrongdoings have been committed on both sides. Some would say that as Morris is so strongly criticised by both sides implies that he's closer to the truth than the traditional Zionist/Arab interpretations
  • Options
    However I think Finkelstein's quote summarises the significance of Morris's work.

Finkelstein also said:
    "Morris has substituted a new myth, one of the "happy medium" for the old. ... [T]he evidence that Morris adduces does not support his temperate conclusions. ...pecifically, Morris's central thesis that the Arab refugee problem was "born of war, not by design" is belied by his own evidence which shows that Palestine's Arabs were expelled systematically and with premeditation."

:eek:
  • Options
    Yes I’m perfectly aware of what Finkelstein has said about Morris and Birth and I’ve read Image & Reality in which he disputes Morris’s conclusions from Morris’s evidence. Mostly Finkelstein doesn’t question Morris’s research, he instead disagrees with the conclusions Morris makes from his research.
  • Options
    So fucking what?

Obviously, that's exactly what I said isn't it? :rolleyes:

You really need to learn to read, or at least you could improve your understanding of the English language.

BTW Which are the little brown people?

You are so fucking disingenuous MoK. Heres the whole sordid discussion .....
    Bollocks, they are to blame just as much as ordinary Israelis are.They should be holding their "representatives" to account too you know.

A claim of EQUAL blame from yourself. And that their "representatives" should be held accountable.
    Thats right, like the Israelis the Palestinians moved there from other places. Of course none of the people who voluntarily moved into the region realised that it was land that was already occupied by other people, and hey presto when they arrived they didn't see any evidence of human habitation.

AFAIK all the power is held by the Israeli state in this scenario.

Remind us what power the "elected Palestinian representatives" hold please MOK.

What decisions can they take all on their own, and execute without interference.

That'd be nice and instructive for me.

So, thanks in advance.

A refutation of your claim of EQUAL blame - one lot are indigenous - one lot are immigrants. The POWER is held by the Israeli incomers.
    Then you obviously know very little.

I must have missed the part where Israelis instruct Palestinians terrorists to attack buses..

A claim that the resistance hold power. `The resistance are not elected - so how can the Palestinian people hold them accountable?
    I think that you will find that I didn't use that expression. Perhaps you would like to change the quote?

A wriggle.
    You clearly also missed the part where the Israelis provoke revenge attacks. You tell me when the last bus attack was, and I'll tell you when the last killing of a Palestinian was .......

Ho hom

So anyway, could you remind me what power the elcted Palestinian "representatives" hold please?

Noting that Israelis fuel hostilities and that they attack more often and kill more.

Duly amended quotation.
    Yes bacause it's always a case of tit-for-tat, one-for-one isn't it? :rolleyes:

A failure to answer the question. An attempt to decontextualise Palestinian resistance to military occupation, a theme that runs throughout your attempts to apportion equal blame to the occupier/occupies indigenous/immigrants strong/weak. Perhaps the suggestion here is that Palestinian violence has no context?
    Who mentioned elections? :p

Wriggle 2. As above - how do the people of Palestine hold non-elected "representatives" accountable? And you still haven't explained what power the elected "representatives" hold.
    Bullshit - end US funding of the bully boys and a resolution will be found quite quickly and painlessly.

IE the conflict is fuelled by massive amounts of US funding of the Israeli military.
    Of course, no-one funds the Palestinian terror teams...

Meaning what? The sub-text reads - The Palestinians should just stop all resistance and let the Israelis do whatever they want.
    Hmm, they're pretty low budget in comparison. Or are you going to argue that they received the same as the beneficiaries of the most US Aid prior to the Iraq fiasco?

Your point is what? That the little brown people should let the big white bullies do what they want.

Thats so damn 19th Century you know.

Restating that this is not an EQUAL fight - one side has massive military advantage and control and power.

It is a classic colonial situation where the indigenous people are overpowered by the immigrants - whose leadership comes from Europe and are white.

Meanwhile - you now start to focus on yet another excerpt from a discussion with someone else........
    Someone has a Rolex. Someone else needs a Rolex, so they take it by force. When the original owner resists, he is as much to blame as the mugger.

Thats the argument here, no?

Restating the fact that it is Palestinian land that has been stolen and Palestinian people who have been dispossessed

Only if you include the neighbours, thousands of years of oppression and the wiping out of most of one of the men's families...

Straight zionist propaganda - suddenly your impartiality is looking like a very tired charade - all your argument is on the side of the powerful/strong/occupier/immigrant.
    Yes, I read it on a zionist website.

And the bible is literal and true, right?

acknowledging the above

And so back the original quote:

[QUOTE=Man of Kent[/QUOTE]So fucking what?[/QUOTE]

So there is no fucking EQUALITY. You're constructing a strawman whilst advancing a zionist argument.
    Obviously, that's exactly what I said isn't it?

You really need to learn to read, or at least you could improve your understanding of the English language.

BTW Which are the little brown people?:rolleyes:

The answer being - the indigenous, the colonised, the ones not from Europe, the ones NOT funded by the Western superpowers.

Now all you have to do is continue to assert that there is EQUALITY between the two sides, and I'll happily put you on ignore. Because I have no interest in playing a game when you pretend to be 'balanced and scrupulously fair' when in fact you are a conservative who has every sympathy with the coloniser and no problem with the ethnic cleansing and bullying of the indigenous Palestinian people.

Alternatively, why not just admit that you are a zionist sympathiser who couldn't give a flying fuck about injustice?

Over to you - and probably GOODBYE.

:)
  • Options
    You are so fucking disingenuous MoK. Heres the whole sordid discussion .....

Actually that was more "snippets" of the conversation, but never mind.

My "so fucking what?" comment was in response to your comparison of funding. So what is the Palestinians don't have the same amount of cash available to arm themselves?
    A claim of EQUAL blame from yourself.

Yes, equal blame as ordinary Israelis, NOT the Govt.
    The POWER is held by the Israeli incomers.

The power to do what though? I think you are talking about something different to I.
    A claim that the resistance hold power.

They don't? Aren't they responsible for their own actions then, as I said they are not instructed to carry out attacks by the Israelis, are they?
    `The resistance are not elected - so how can the Palestinian people hold them accountable?

Here's a scary thought for you. How about they stop protecting, hiding, supporting and manning them?
    A wriggle.

Says Mt Pot. But for the record I never mentioned elections, you did. That wasn't may argument so why would I defend it?
    Noting that Israelis fuel hostilities and that they attack more often and kill more.

So what?

Or do you subscribe to the "well he started it" method of international politics?
    Duly amended quotation.

Er, or not. Still includes "elected", which wasn't what I was talking about at all.
    Perhaps the suggestion here is that Palestinian violence has no context?

Or perhaps it's exactly what was written. You wanted a compariosn between the last violent act on either side. As I tries to point out in fairly simple English, without hidden meaning without the need for you to interpret my words, was that it really isn't that simple.

But that's something you just don't understand about the whole conflict. It isn't simple. It's it's tit for tat one for one killing. It's warfare. One side trying to use it's military, the other guerilla tactics. Neither actually recognising that their own action only serve to fuel more death for their own side. Well, either not realising or not caring.
    Wriggle 2. As above - how do the people of Palestine hold non-elected "representatives" accountable? And you still haven't explained what power the elected "representatives" hold.

Because it wasn't me who raised the issue of "elected" representation. You did that.

I don't know about you, but I can see people who claim to represent the Palestinians cause who haven't actually been elected and yet seem to have a major impact on what is happening...
    IE the conflict is fuelled by massive amounts of US funding of the Israeli military.

Meaning what? The sub-text reads - The Palestinians should just stop all resistance and let the Israelis do whatever they want.

What sub-text. I didn't put one there, you did when you tried to interpret what I said instead of just reading the words that I used.

The Palestinians are funded too you know. Just because it isn't the "big bad US" which funds them doesn't mean that the funding doesn't exist.
    Restating that this is not an EQUAL fight

Please point out where I said it was
    and control and power.

They think they do, you seem to think that they do. They don't. Control and power over the region lies away from both the Israelis and the Palestinians.
    Straight zionist propaganda

So it's propaganda to say that Israelis arab neighbours have attempted to destabilse them, that Jews have been oppressed or that they faced a holocaust?
    suddenly your impartiality is looking like a very tired charade - all your argument is on the side of the powerful/strong/occupier/immigrant.

And yours...? Not exactly even in your approach are you?

Ever considered that I am actually just stating another side of the coin, and opposing argument to yours?

The world does not operate in absolutes, there is always at least two sides to every story. Perhaps you should look into that which is opposite to yours, get inside the mind of your "enemy". Then, maybe, you might understand their actions. It's is that which will inform you how to address the situation.

It's a fairly simple concept, perhaps you need to understand Jungian Theory?
    So there is no fucking EQUALITY.

So?
    Now all you have to do is continue to assert

How can I continue to do something which I haven't actually done.

Unless you count the point where I suggest that both sides have equally failed to take necessary steps to curtail the excess of their representatives...
    Because I have no interest in playing a game when you pretend to be 'balanced and scrupulously fair' when in fact you are a conservative who has every sympathy with the coloniser and no problem with the ethnic cleansing and bullying of the indigenous Palestinian people.

You're funny. Do you interact with people, real people, ever? I don't mean fellow class warriors? Because you really seem to struggle with simple concepts.

I suggest that you look up this phrase, maybe even ask your friends what it means. Ready, because it's a tough one for you...

"Devil's Advocate".

My claim to balance and fair play, if you read some of my posts in this very thread, it because I am putting across and argument counter to yours. Not because I necessarily believe it, but because it needs to be said. Otherwise all that is posted on these boards, or the majority of what is posted, is very one sided. Not because that is necessarily the "right" argument, but because of the political make up of these boards.

Now, you appear to think that you are intelligent, so how about you devote a few brain cells to this:

Read what I write. There is no space between the lines so you don't need to try and read there. I choose my words carefully because I don't want them misinterpreted.

Secondly, don't assume that because someone puts across an argument to counter yours, that they actually wholeheartedly support it. A one sided debate is not a debate but grandstanding.

Thirdly, understand the oppising viewpoint and you may actually find the right argument against it. Pontificating will not work. Neither will moralising. Both sides can do that.
    Alternatively, why not just admit that you are a zionist sympathiser who couldn't give a flying fuck about injustice?

That will happen around the same time that you admit that your stance has little to do with justice, and more to do with class war.
  • Options
    That will happen around the same time that you admit that your stance has little to do with justice, and more to do with class war.

Yes indeed - all Israelis are one class, and all Palestinbians are another.

You stupid, stupid man.
    I suggest that you look up this phrase, maybe even ask your friends what it means. Ready, because it's a tough one for you...

"Devil's Advocate".
    Ever considered that I am actually just stating another side of the coin, and opposing argument to yours?

I'm not intereted in playing pointless games - I've no more time for your disingenuity.

Bye Bye MoK

:wave:
  • Options
    Yes indeed - all Israelis are one class, and all Palestinbians are another.

You stupid, stupid man.

Because that is what I said, isn't it? I said that you saw Israelis and Palestinians as different classes.

Oh, hang on, no I didn't. You've just inferred that from a very small part of my comments, once again reading between lines when the rest of my post might actually show you what I really meant.

Perhaps you should look at the "power" aspect you are so fond of... then consider where the class divide, referred to, might appear... couldn't be those weathly western nations you were talking about, could it? Surely not.

You stupid, stupid man.
    I'm not intereted in playing pointless games - I've no more time for your disingenuity.

"The brave Sir Robin he turned and fled..."
  • Options
    Palestinians donate son's kidney for Israeli boy
    The family of a 12-year-old Palestinian boy who was killed by Israeli soldiers have donated one of his kidneys to an Israeli boy. "It doesn't matter whether the recipient was a Jew or an Arab," they said.

Ahmed Khatib was shot on Thursday in the West Bank city of Jenin. He was rushed to the emergency room at Rambam hospital in Haifa, but died without recovering consciousness. The army said he had a toy gun, which soldiers mistook for a rifle. The family said he was with a group of boys waving toy guns to celebrate a festival.

More

I'm kinda guessing that the Matador won't be starting a thread called "They donate kidneys"

Ho hum
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    More

I'm kinda guessing that the Matador won't be starting a thread called "They donate kidneys"

:lol: That'd be the day.