Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

do you work in a dangerous place

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot
well i walked into a crime scene this morning, found the doors unlocked, office open, cash all over the floor, safes empty, tills from the safe scattered all over the floor

then turns out when ive got the rest of the people down from the company, and the police, that the reason the manager hasnt been answering his phone, is because earlier on that morning at around 3am, he was held at gunpoint and tied up in his own house

all fun and games, im now about 5 minutes away from a panic attack
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    That doesn't sound nice....
  • Options
    :eek2: that's awful.
  • Options
    eep! :nervous:
  • Options
    do you work in a dangerous place?

yeah. east end park.

(only a small percentage of thesite will get that).
  • Options
    depends if you class tesco as being dangerous! guess it has the potential to be with people wanting to steal money and tins of beans falling on your head..but i doubt it.

(or you could try and break your toes by pulling a really heavy cage over them like i did).
  • Options
    depends if you class tesco as being dangerous!

bloody hell, ours is. a man got stabbed in there once o_O
  • Options
    Staines
  • Options
    Ecuador's quite a dangerous place but I've had no problems.
  • Options
    Relatively safe, only usual risk of getting held up for money in the till (Which would be hard for them to do anyway as its members only and you need a member's key to get in), or the risk of glasses falling from the shelves above the bar or something :p
  • Options
    i live in one of the most dangerous places in the country
  • Options
    Ballerina wrote:
    i live in one of the most dangerous places in the country

is that because GoodFella lives there?

:p
  • Options
    No surely it's because of the Sheriff of Nottingham.
  • Options
    is that because GoodFella lives there?

:p

Oi! I live in the nice bit of Nottingham thanks ... not the gun crime filled areas i.e. the meadows or st anns.
  • Options
    MrG wrote:
    well i walked into a crime scene this morning, found the doors unlocked, office open, cash all over the floor, safes empty, tills from the safe scattered all over the floor

then turns out when ive got the rest of the people down from the company, and the police, that the reason the manager hasnt been answering his phone, is because earlier on that morning at around 3am, he was held at gunpoint and tied up in his own house

This is the downside to increased security, in some instances it puts criminals off, in others it means that instead of trying to crack a safe and bypass an alarm system they instead go to the person who holds the keys and break into their homes and get in that way.

The same thing is happening with car crimes, many cars are impossible to steal without the keys so criminals are breaking into people`s houses and stealing the keys first or even sticking wires through the letter boxes to get at them
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Sorry to hear that... Hope everything and everyone (else) is ok.
  • Options
    I work in a LTC packaging and distrubuting comapny. But theres 2 securities to get inside, one to get past the main part and 2 more to get into the area of the controlled substance with a million and a half cameras so nothing bad really happens.

I once got a paper cut.
  • Options
    MrG wrote:

u get all the fun lucky
  • Options
    the worst thing that could happen to me at work is putting my back out.....that and betty chasing me all shift
  • Options
    MrG wrote:

oooh i seen that on the news. Nasty :no:
  • Options
  • Options
    alright mate? I live closer to durham than I do to newcastle, in fact I probably know you.

but aye, when i started reading this thread i thought of a dangerous place meaning like health and safety means like loads of boxes and shit like that. but aye my jobs dangerous like that, working in a stockroom and that. But the areas not dangerous...
  • Options
    woah I just read that article, pretty crazy stuff. specially since i know the place pretty well and stuff, radged.
  • Options
    you dont have a mate called richard who goes to fram school?
  • Options
    well it looks like we have our old manager back, who is supposed to be currently area manager, nice guy like, but i miss the manager who was involved in all this stuff

:(