Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

X-Files: Which season was this in?

Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
edited January 2023 in General Chat
There was an X-Files episode about vampires. Not the "serious" one, it was full of jokes. It told the same story twice, once how Mulder described it and once for Scully. It began by Mulder chasing a "vampire" and "killing" him then finding out his teeth were fake.

I remember plenty of things about it, I can tell more. But what I don't remember is which season it was in. Does anyone know?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    5, thanks!
    x files, what a buzz :)
    Enfilade wrote:
    x files, what a buzz :)
    My favourite tv series of all times.
    i haven't watched the x-files for years. i must purchase some of the dvd's when i get some cash. i love the episode "toombs", - fucking ace! :thumb:
    haha saw samaire armstrong (anna from the oc) in the x files the other day - about this guy who was half fly crazy stuff
    haha saw samaire armstrong (anna from the oc) in the x files the other day - about this guy who was half fly crazy stuff
    I don't remember such an episode... And there aren't many I've missed, so it must be one of the few.
    Episode 5 of season 9 - 'Lord of the Flies'
    Jim V wrote:
    Episode 5 of season 9 - 'Lord of the Flies'
    Lol, right! And I watched that less than a month ago! I thought he meant "half a fly" as in the movie "the fly", that's why it didn't ring any bells.
    And you say the girl played Anna in the OC? I can't recognize people when they change their hair...
    sprocket wrote:
    i love the episode "toombs", - fucking ace! :thumb:

Victor Eugene Toombs! That was the first episode I ever saw about 10 years ago, and I was alone in the house that night. Not many things unnerve me, I have to say, but I watched the end of that from behind a cushion!! Silly cow. :lol:
    Not to mention the second episode he was in, a pretty good sequel
    Unless you're talking about a different one (I don't know every episode's title), I think the name was Tooms.
    Just being pedantic here.

The first episode I watched (though I had already read several issues from the comic) was the one with the Big Blue -the lake monstrer that ate Scully's dog and turned out to be a huge alligator. I noticed that in a 9th season episode (Trust No1) her email is the dog's name...
    Zalbor wrote:
    Unless you're talking about a different one (I don't know every episode's title), I think the name was Tooms.

Yeah, Victor Eugene Toombs was his name. See, it scared me that much I still remember it a decade on. ;)
    Miffy wrote:
    Yeah, Victor Eugene Toombs was his name. See, it scared me that much I still remember it a decade on. ;)
    Heh... I used to be very scared of x-files, though I always liked them. I changed channel in the "bad" scene and turned back a couple of minutes later. But I think I could take anything now...

One episode I remember I never watched to the end because I was afraid was about a guy whose body parts (even the head) could grow back after they were cut... This sound was horrible.
    Zalbor wrote:
    One episode I remember I never watched to the end because I was afraid was about a guy whose body parts (even the head) could grow back after they were cut... This sound was horrible.

Season 4 Episode 14. "Leonard Betts"

One of my favs is Episode 13 in season 3. "Pusher" was quality.

I've got all 9 seasons and have just started them again from the beginning.

:D

And to clear up the whole Victor Eugene Tooms story. Both episodes are in Season one. His first outing was in episode 3 "Squeeze" and then returned in episode 20 "Tooms". Both classic X-Files. :D
    Both in season one, huh? I thought the second was later.
    I liked the pusher too, though the way he killed that policeman freaked me out (because Mulder tried to stop him, but the other policemen were holding him)...
    And the pusher had a sequel too, in season 5 or 6. Pretty nice as well.

I think my favourite episode is "Closure". I liked how it put something else than aliens in the mythology.