Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Bf acting out of order.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Okay, this might seem like a bit of an immature problem for those of you a bit older.. but I'll try to explain my situation as well as I can.

Basically, being in my last year of school (yr11), my prom is going on next may. And I've been having some serious problems getting a partner - seems that all my boy 'mates' have paired off with my girl mates, and anyone else either hates me, or finds my bf (whos 17 known for fighting and is mates with a lot of hard nuts) scary. Not one guy in my year has even mentioned the prom to me. Which I'm pretty stressed about, as this is the time when everyones getting dresses and arranging things, and I don't even know if I'll go.

But last week I was chatting to a chavvy guy who I used to know, and he told me I was fit and would like to go with me. I said I'd think about it (as I don't know him very well, and I'm not sure if I'd want to go with him - hes a bit strange). Foolishly, I told my bf about the incident. First day back after half-term, he basically spins out on this fella, asking him whether he fancied me, and being really intimidating.

He's also threatening to beat up this really really nice fella in the year above just because he complimented me.

I know my bf must feel jealous and threatened by these guys, but I've told him over and over again that I don't see them in that way, and that I'm totally in love with him. But I'm really pissed off about it, as he keeps offering to set me up for the ball, but for some reason he can't stand me sorting MYSELF out.

I've tried to talk to him about it, and had a go at him for spinning out on these guys, but he just says that if I defend them, I must fancy them, and should dump him.

I love my bf with all my heart, but I've been with him for 11 months now, and I'm tired of arguing.

Any advice, peeps?

Comments

• Options
    hmm well if i had a boyfriend i'm not sure i'd take anyone but a close friend with me to something like a prom. your boyfriend probably wants to exercise some control over who you take seeing as he can't go and doesn't want anyone going who might find you attractive or whom you might find attractive.
  • Options
    Tell me why you can't take your boyfriend to the prom?
  • Options
    get the guy in the year above to kick the shit out of him nd put him in his place, then he wont try to intimidate as much anymore?
  • Options
    i guess maybe it's the school leavers only?
  • Options
    Oh right, bit strange.

In which case, why do you need to take a partner if it's going to annoy your boyfriend, whom you love "with all your heart"?
  • Options
    Apparently its our year only. Plus, I wouldn't want to go with him - I don't want to be spending the whole night stuck in the chav corner when I want ta be with my weird mates. And he never really speaks to them.

There is literally not one free boy mate among my gang - I'm going to have to go with someone else.
  • Options
    Kentish wrote:
    Oh right, bit strange.

In which case, why do you need to take a partner if it's going to annoy your boyfriend, whom you love "with all your heart"?

Because I can't fit in my mates' limo, apparently - so I need someone to go with. I'd look pretty dumb arriving by myself all dressed up.
  • Options
    Looks like you'll have to.
  • Options
    skip the prom, and just turn up at the after party (with your bf if neccesery)

school proms are overated anyway
  • Options
    olaola wrote:
    skip the prom, and just turn up at the after party (with your bf if neccesery)

school proms are overated anyway

I can't help but think I'd regret not going. I can't resist a chance to doll myself up. Then again... I heard the theme was going to be 'Under The Sea'.

btw.. my bf was actually prom king at his :rolleyes:
  • Options
    do you not have any girl mates that don't have a partner? go as a group with them... from what i can remember of my prom id say only about half went with a partner.
  • Options
    Where the fook did all this prom stuff come from? (Yeah, I know, America) We had a prize giving! fer Pete's sake.

But then I suppose that was the year dot.

Sorry I can't help, don't have a clue about these things. :D
  • Options
    Your boyfriend sounds like he has too much testosterone
  • Options
    If you supposedly love your boyfriend with all your heart, and you are unable to take him; go with friends. Personally, I would be pretty offended if my girlfriend wanted to go with some other guy, no matter if it was a fact that I couldn't go.

Or better yet, maybe skip it altogether, and go somewhere with him then to an afterparty?

Or, maybe you don't really 'love him with all your heart'...

*shrug*

Edit:

Oh, as for the him beating up these other guys...just don't tell him. It's fine to tell him about your day, but sometimes, worrysome details might need to be left out, especially as miniscule as a complement.
  • Options
    i don't see what the big deal is about going alone - i doubt you will be the only one. get your dad/taxi to drop you off and ask your mates to wait outside and go in a big group.
  • Options
    I agree with nicebutdim. I went alone to my sixth form leavers ball, no big deal.
  • Options
    I'm sorry love, and this isn't very constructive - but your boyfriend sounds like a right cock.

I remember his type when I was at school.
  • Options
    when i was at skool and we had a prom i dint go because i couldnt take my bf and i didnt want to go with anyone else
  • Options
    first of all, your boyfriend needs to do some growing up and stop threatening to kick this guys head in
    and say to him, you don't want to be alone (though it's no big deal), its your year only, Just because you're 'going' with someone doesnt mean you're going to be glued to their side all the time.
    I think you need to stand up to him abit more.

Btw, i'm not sure if we get a leaving prom, my 2 best mates have boyfriends but they're not at our school so they probably wouldn't go with anyone, and i don't have a boyfriend and all the guys think im weird so we'd all end up sat in a corner all night (we're the 'weird miserable goths' aparrantly :eek2: ), which i don't want so i probably would end up not even going :rolleyes: like you needed to know anyway lol
  • Options
    Satai wrote:
    If you supposedly love your boyfriend with all your heart, and you are unable to take him; go with friends. Personally, I would be pretty offended if my girlfriend wanted to go with some other guy, no matter if it was a fact that I couldn't go.

:yes:

I'd be really miffed if my girlfriend wanted to go to a 'prom' with another guy. I'm not immature to want to go and beat them all up, but i'd be annoyed all the same.
  • Options
    If some girlfriend was taking someone other than me to the prom they'd better hope they get that guys number because they wouldn't see me again.
  • Options
    Dude, go with the older guy first of all... a lot of times, people who seem a little wierd are just different from you and they will make your night so much more interesting... you don't wanna rely on someone else and have everything fall through, do you?

*and a little side note from someone who has been in your shoes a few times before.... if you are wary of bringing your bf cuz he might fight or whatever, get rid of him... it just gets worse with time, trust me ;)
  • Options
    go with your mates. I did that for my yr11 prom and we had a blast. For my yr13 i went with my gay best friend :cool: