Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Whats your fav 'Designer' Label???

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi people,

Just joined and I'm wondering what is peoples favorite designer clothes label??

I have a couple that I like and they are Diesel, Stone Island/CP Company and Replay.

The reason I ask is I have started my own business in last 3/4 weeks selling 100% Authentic designer clothes (check signature)and I'm looking for peoples favorite labels!

Dave

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    spam, anyone? :D
    Freesoul and Juicy Couture!
    Gieves & Hawkes of Saville Row for suits and Charles Tywritt of Germyn Street for shirts. Or am I just being old-fashioned?
    my favourite label is my own. perfect fit every time and 100% sweatshop free. plus i know i'll never walk into someone at a party in the same top :)
    L.A.M.B and labels like Bench, Hooch (ok so they aren't technically "designer")
  • JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    spam, anyone? :D

Not really, he is being really up front about it and has posed a genuine question. It is a bit cheeky though...

But in answer to the question, at the moment I really like Religion, Ringspun, Bench, Diesel and Yo Japan, as well as Takuya Angel.
    LadyJade wrote:
    Not really, he is being really up front about it and has posed a genuine question. It is a bit cheeky though...

But in answer to the question, at the moment I really like Religion, Ringspun, Bench, Diesel and Yo Japan, as well as Takuya Angel.

Sorry if it's come out like spam never meant it to!! :blush: I have posted abit about myself first :angel:

The labels are very interesting such as hooch and bench, I'd say they are designer labels, just not top designer labels, they are more high street labels.

The comment regarding sweatshop is very true! I wouldn't buy things that I know may have been made in sweatshops! hence thats why I wear the designer labels that are made in italy! as it's common knowledge that the sweatshops are mainly in the far east.

As for the subject to this thread I feel it's good for everybody all over to see what the fashion labels each part of the Country/World are wearing, as I see some fashion labels and think 'WHO'D WEAR THAT!!!' but somebody MUST!!

Excellent site BTW!!

Dave
    I like Smashing Grandpa, Juicy Couture, Wheels & Dollbaby.... Ooh and Kathy Van Zeeland hangbags n purses.

Oooh; if we're going for uber Designer haute couture stylee then I'll say Versace are absolutely breathtaking. And I just LOVE YSL shoes :love: Oooh and Dior handbags.

Ilora x
    At the moment, I'd KILL for a Versace dress for next year's ball. Other than that... I like Missy Elliott's line for Adidas.. I don't tend to buy a lot from one label, tbh. I usually just have a hunt around TK Maxx for whatever looks sparkly.
    I highly doubt its designer, but I love Express. I can only buy jeans from there as they are the only place that fits me properly. They also have really cute clothes. I buy alot there.
    I'm not really that in with the 'current' designers hence my Gieves and Hawkes response.

As Yves Saint-Lauren said, fashion comes and goes but style doesn't. Personally, I think that a well-cut suit will never go out of style.
    Depends, but my favourite at the moment are D&G, Boss and Prada if i'm going expensive.
    FCUK and such like are favourable too.
    blood & glitter, religion and fake london genius
    D&G, abercrombie, evisu (only the jeans) k-swiss (trainers of course) henlys, armani
    Dude if you want to corner the UK market be the first to sell L.A.M.B. They are supposed to sell it at Harvey Nichols but they don't. If you want to buy it you have to go on ebay, spend ridiculous amounts on shipping or go to America.
    Hey

Best designer label? Sisley, if it counts. Beautiful stuff and very well made, plus never find anyone else wearing it..or any rip off stuff dahn tha mahket... :rolleyes:
    Diesel, Firetrap and Boxfresh.
    lee's and dc* they make sick stuff dc* and butrons good for cloths ,roc a wear , and sunglasses dragon wear
    diesel and firetrap probably.
    I usually look for Religion, Miss Sixty, Diesel and Ringspun. Only if I can get a bargain tho. Rarely would pay full price for those labels. Can't afford them otherwise. :(
    I like diesel and some G-star stuff but its soo expensive, one of my fav tops is by tom wolf sweet designer and not a bad price.
    Also while running your store; for the love of god dont let the girls section slowly smother the blokes, it really pisses me off seeing blocks of pink creeping up on me.
    reebok.
    Jinx wrote:
    I like diesel and some G-star stuff but its soo expensive, one of my fav tops is by tom wolf sweet designer and not a bad price.
    Also while running your store; for the love of god dont let the girls section slowly smother the blokes, it really pisses me off seeing blocks of pink creeping up on me.

Diesel and G-star shouldn't be that expensive considering the price they are at wholesale!!

LOL........I know what you mean about the firls section!!!

Dave
    kronk

not many people heard of it but their stuff is amazing!
    Kappa.
    Slapper. :p
    Replay.
    Love Bench and Morgan, if I could afford them though
    your-babe wrote:
    can't say i look at the labels!

How could you? IMO labels are image and is important when buying clothes. What is the difference of a Hugo Boss tuxedo and a CoolSportsWears shirt? :p
    kaffrin wrote:
    my favourite label is my own. perfect fit every time and 100% sweatshop free. plus i know i'll never walk into someone at a party in the same top :)

Me too, the clothes I designed and then had made for me when I was on holiday are by far the best clothes I've got.

I walked around loads of textile shops, picked the material myself, specified the collars, number of pockets, loops on the belt, curves, slits, etc

once you've worn clothes that were made to measure you'll never look at off the rack clothes in the same way again.