You may be asked to reset your password when you try to login. This is part of a system update and is genuine, so it's safe to go ahead and do that. If you no longer have access to the email address you used to register, please email us at [email protected] rather than creating a new account. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Bad names

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
Just watching Have I Got News For You and I heard the name Euryn which i assume is pronounced urine :lol:

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Ross Noble's a funny man. :lol:
    He is indeed.
    The worst name I've come across so far is Jorjia.
    The Game's real name is Jayceon.
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Warming up? Posts: 16,688
    Kentish wrote:
    The worst name I've come across so far is Jorjia.
    Isn't that the same as Georgia?
    Zalbor wrote:
    Isn't that the same as Georgia?
    Yeah, but much chavier.
    I know these are last names, but when I used to work at the airport I once greeted someone with the surname Badger. And another couple with the surname Weiner. Which I thought was pretty darn funny.

I used to look after a little girl in my creche called Alicia but pronounced Alisha, so what was the point of spelling it Alicia which is a totally different name? Stupid woman.
    I had a teacher at school whose surname literally meant "Stupid".
    I know these are last names, but when I used to work at the airport I once greeted someone with the surname Badger. And another couple with the surname Weiner. Which I thought was pretty darn funny.

I used to look after a little girl in my creche called Alicia but pronounced Alisha, so what was the point of spelling it Alicia which is a totally different name? Stupid woman.
    Have I told you about Mrs Wanck? :o
    There was someone at work with the surname Wraith...he looked a bit old and evil...
    There's a family in this town and they have 3 kids and their names are Zeus, Rain and Tsar. And a friend is going to call their kid Griffon
    I think it's stupid when people are called David Davidson, or John Johnson or something.

There is a guy at work with an uber silly name like that.
    Isn't Gary Nevilles dad callled Neville Neville, wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't a horrendous name in the first place!
  • Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Stalin's Organist Posts: 13,327
    Happy.

How. Fucking. Stupid! Poor Child.
    I think it's stupid when people are called David Davidson, or John Johnson or something.

There is a guy at work with an uber silly name like that.

i was chuckling at wolf wolfson last night.

why do parents do that to their children?
    The actor Jason Lee (been in a lot of Kevin Smith films) has a child called
    Pilot Inspektor
  • Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Stalin's Organist Posts: 13,327
    The Beckhams adn their stupid child names. I cry for them... those children have no future.
    Apart from the millions and millions of pounds they'll inherit.

I go to Uni with a girl, no joke, whose actual, legal name is; China Blue Fish.

She does English which may explain it.

mr. kaff has a 'son' surname and he won't let me do that to our kids.

i don't see why. it worked for magnus magnusson.
    kaffrin wrote:
    mr. kaff has a 'son' surname and he won't let me do that to our kids.

i don't see why. it worked for magnus magnusson.

Kaffrin Kaffrinson :chin:
    bad seed wrote:
    Kaffrin Kaffrinson :chin:

sadly better than my actual name.
    Someone at work had a first name as Hunter! i cant decide whether thats a good or bad name, i bet he gets called Mr Hunter a lot, by people thinking its his surname.

At school there was a teacher called Mr Anchor, which wouldnt be so bad if his first name was not William

Mr W.Anchor hahah
    Girl in my class called Blessing David Hove

Met someone called Coral.
    beans wrote:
    Isn't Gary Nevilles dad callled Neville Neville, wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't a horrendous name in the first place!

Yes he is.
  • littlemissylittlemissy knit chick Posts: 9,972
    used to look after a little girl in my creche called Alicia but pronounced Alisha, so what was the point of spelling it Alicia which is a totally different name? Stupid woman.

I have only ever known Alicia to be pronounced "Alisha". I know a foew people with their name like that ...

Cant think of any crap ones I have had recently. Although I do currently have a "caprice" in my class. Bless her heart.

EDIT:

Just remembered - I have had a Tallulah and a Santiago before ...
    I kind of agree, but I have a brother, a cousin and a late grandfather with this kind of names (they all have/had the same one).

Also my favourite singer: Pavlos Pavlidis.
    I have only ever known Alicia to be pronounced "Alisha". I know a foew people with their name like that ...

Just remembered - I have had a Tallulah and a Santiago before ...

See I've met a few people called Alicia but I've only known it to be pronounced A-liss-i-a ? Hmm strange!

For some reason I quite like Tallulah, is that bad? I think a few famous people have named their baby that recently.
    See I've met a few people called Alicia but I've only known it to be pronounced A-liss-i-a ? Hmm strange!

If i saw the name i would pronounce it like that. Like Alicia Silerstone or whatever ever her name is that was in the film Clue-less :p
    beans wrote:
    If i saw the name i would pronounce it like that. Like Alicia Silerstone or whatever ever her name is that was in the film Clue-less :p
    lol yeah, thats what I was thinking of :)
    Kentish wrote:
    Ross Noble's a funny man. :lol:

Saw him tonight at the Theatre Royal.

I wet the seat.

Anyway, just to keep on point. I swear blind I heard someone in Bradford shout for their child "Lambrini", but I may be mistaken. Chardonnay is bad enough.
    Kermit wrote:
    Anyway, just to keep on point. I swear blind I heard someone in Bradford shout for their child "Lambrini", but I may be mistaken. Chardonnay is bad enough.

I don't think you were mistaken.

Urrgh.