Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Favorite objects

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Or things you can't live without, things that make your day.

I have this coffee mug that I got for Christmas one year, was given to me by my project manager at work. It's not the fact that she gave it to me (she doesn't work here anymore anyways) but it's just my personality to get attached to people/things.

So I use this mug everyday all winter long. Then one day it disappears. I don't know where I put it, perhaps I left it in the kitchen and someone else came along and used it afterwards. It's not exactly polite going around looking at people's mugs and asking "did you take my mug?"

We have paper cups to serve coffee and all, but coffee seems to just taste better out of a real mug. So I refused coffee that day and thus making me even more out of routine by not having morning cofee. I was truely worried, and bent out of shape that day. Someone offered me their mug, same exact style just different design printed on the side, but it still wasn't quite the same. It's kind of like if you lost your child's teddy bear and try to replace it with the exact same bear but they won't go for it because it's not the original one. Sentiments I think.

The next day I did find that mug in the kitchen sitting on the shelf, cleaned. And all was well again. Anyone else here as obsessive compulsive as me or am I the only weirdo?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    You're a weirdo. :p

I'd be upset if I lost my condom mug though.
    I'd be upset if I lost my teddy bear. I've had him for 9 years and he's my favourite thing. I can't sleep without him, which is worrying, but hey ho.
    I'm with franki on this, I have one particular teddy, i would be very upset if I lost as I've had him since I was a baby. Most people have something they feel attached too.
    Or things you can't live without, things that make your day.
    i would find it hard to live without my mobile phone, my rampant rabbit makes my day
    lipsy wrote:
    i would find it hard to live without my mobile phone, my rampant rabbit makes my day
    Now I'm curious to know what you've elected as your ring tone :P
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    I can't think of such an object... :chin:
    My new bass.

N_gom6.jpg
    My new bass.

N_gom6.jpg
    Oooooh...pretty :heart:.
    I've got the same one in sunburst brown (ie, natural wood look) but this bad boy is a limited edition custom shop model. Only £260.
    hmm, sad but..my phone. i'd feel lost without it! even though we managed without them before, i guess so many of us have just become dependant on them.

also i have this teddy bear, had him a few years but over the past year he's gained some significance and so i wouldn't like to lose him.
    Oh! You could say it's my watch. No amazing sentimental story behind it though.
    If I forget it at home I feel anxious because I can't look at the time whenever I want. And pulling the phone out of my pocket isn't good enough.
    Zalbor wrote:
    Oh! You could say it's my watch. No amazing sentimental story behind it though.
    If I forget it at home I feel anxious because I can't look at the time whenever I want. And pulling the phone out of my pocket isn't good enough.
    LOL! Thank goodness you posted that. I thought I was the only one OCD about my wrist watch.
    Lycander wrote:
    LOL! Thank goodness you posted that. I thought I was the only one OCD about my wrist watch.
    So did I! :D
    I had my Budweiser pint glass that i got 2 christmasses ago, that only i had ever drunk out of, and drink out of it i had - i must have had literally about 200 pints out of it. Then, the one time my brother decided to drink out of it he smashed it. I got a new pint glass for my 18th, but drinking out of that just isn't the same, as if it isn't worn in enough or something :p
  • Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Used to be my 7.62 round, I used to chew it all the time. Then I got through to the lead, and stopped. I miss it like fuck still, my fave little thing, I loved it alot, took it everywhere with me. ;( My Bullet.

Erm, probably... like.. my mobile. keys. erm... gotta think... watch... Eh, my thoughts, the ressasuring voice in my head, telling me its all OK, everything will turn out fine. I hope it's right.
    Heh, I may be drunk, but I love you guys none the less.
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    Used to be my 7.62 round, I used to chew it all the time. Then I got through to the lead, and stopped. I miss it like fuck still, my fave little thing, I loved it alot, took it everywhere with me. ;( My Bullet.

Erm, probably... like.. my mobile. keys. erm... gotta think... watch... Eh, my thoughts, the ressasuring voice in my head, telling me its all OK, everything will turn out fine. I hope it's right.
    You used to chew something with lead in it? That explains a lot... :chin:
    Silverberg wrote:

:lol:
    Lycander wrote:

nope, there's me too.

i haven't been wearing it for about two weeks cause i thought the battery had gone (it started working again, oddly) and i've been lost and late for everything without it. keep looking at my bare wrist in despair :/
  • Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Silverberg wrote:
    :(

So cruel!
    feel lost without my phone, worry that something may have happened and no-one can get hold of me.
    I'm another watch person. I feel lost without it. And as I wear a skirt every day, looking at my phone just isn't practical, it would involve going in my handbag, another thing I feel incomplete without. I need my handbag to store my huge amount of miscellaneous items I hardly use in.
    i have a necklace i feel naked without.
    i have a pillow that comes everywhere with me. I can't stay away from home without it, my friends think its very amusing but i'd be devestated if I lost it.
    I'm with franki on this, I have one particular teddy, i would be very upset if I lost as I've had him since I was a baby. Most people have something they feel attached too.

Oh yes the teddy! I love my teddy. My boyfriend threatened to rip its arm off the other day and I'm not going to repeat what I threatened to do if he did.... :blush:
    :eek: :no: Good Heavens!
    lipsy wrote:
    Lycander wrote:
    Now I'm curious to know what you've elected as your ring tone :P

I'm guessing she has it on silent vibrate :p:D
    My leather jacket. I've had some good times in that bad boy.