Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Business Single and Double, AVCE/A-level

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
iv had as much as i can take from the amount of courseworks im getting, if anyone else does business, mabey courseworks can be shared, used as guidliness, share company information e.g. Sainsbury's an Tesco.

theres nuthin wrong with using info!!!!!!!!!!
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    O.B wrote:
    theres nuthin wrong with using info!!!!!!!!!!

Aside from the fact that it's plagiarism if you don't declare it which I doubt you will.

I'm afraid I only did proper A-levels so I'm not much help here.
  • Options
    I'm afraid I only did proper A-levels so I'm not much help here.[/QUOTE]

what u mean by that???
  • Options
    I'm afraid I only did proper A-levels so I'm not much help here.
    don't be ridiculous. business studies is quite varied and very useful.
  • Options
    lipsy wrote:
    don't be ridiculous. business studies is quite varied and very useful.
    There's nothing wrong with a bit of good old fashioned subject-snobbery.

I find anything ending in 'Studies' is second rate. ;)
  • Options
    urrrrrrrrr

raw, i didnt think i was gonna get this kind of reply, i also do pshycology, sociology, english a-levels, an thanks Lips, business is respected all over the world boss, its got to do with everything, u get me, imagine u study medicine, ur gona work for a business what ever you do, whether government or private
  • Options
    It's not helping you get a job though is it...?
  • Options
    Kentish wrote:
    It's not helping you get a job though is it...?

Well you need qualifications inorder to get a job. E.g. to get to uni, get a degree. You are going to have better job prospects if you have a degree under your belt.

I do business studies and find it highly interesting. I hate the fact people consider it to be a second rate subject. I'm not interested in things like science and maths, I'd rather learn about business.Sure I could probably secure an alright grade in such subjects, but I would find it mind numbingly boring. I don't do it because I think it's easy. I'm prepared to work my arse off to get the results I want, and need. I want to work within a business, and it gives me an insight into it.

If it isn't helping you get a job, or opening your eyes to the real world then what exactly is it supposed to be doing?

/rant
  • Options
    Chill dude.

I'm just pointing out the perceived notion that these subjects don't have the academic rigour of the traditional A-Levels.
  • Options
    Kentish wrote:
    Chill dude.

I'm just pointing out the perceived notion that these subjects don't have the academic rigour of the traditional A-Levels.

:cool:
  • Options
    business is da bomb

so u do business, im thinkin of doin, human resources in Uni? of aviation business, alot of people that gain that degree go onto a defiit job
  • Options
    Kentish wrote:
    There's nothing wrong with a bit of good old fashioned subject-snobbery.

I find anything ending in 'Studies' is second rate. ;)
    i never did business studies but i find comments like that pathetic
  • Options
    I'm sure you'll get over it.
  • Options
    Kentish wrote:
    I'm sure you'll get over it.

Thank you Kentish for being as much of a snob as me! It's probably us home counties chaps.

It's like people who count General Studies as part of their A-levels when quite clearly it's like saying you're got cycling proficiency. My school didn't offer it (GS that is) thank God as they thought it was a waste of time. Which it is.

To further annoy people, isn't sociology just dumbed down anthropology?
  • Options
    Thank you Kentish for being as much of a snob as me! It's probably us home counties chaps.

It's like people who count General Studies as part of their A-levels when quite clearly it's like saying you're got cycling proficiency. My school didn't offer it (GS that is) thank God as they thought it was a waste of time. Which it is.

To further annoy people, isn't sociology just dumbed down anthropology?

I'm from the home counties, and my head isn't as far up my own arse as yours seems to be. :p

My school didn't offer GS either.
  • Options
    I'm from the home counties, and my head isn't as far up my own arse as yours seems to be.

Your point being?
  • Options
    lol

know this is funny, i do general studies!!!!

its probably the easiest subject ever in AS i got an A, loooool

at least it looks good an A, better than english, C

what is all this snobbery? i live in run down crime filled estates, it realy doesnt matter where you live!!
  • Options
    O.B wrote:
    know this is funny, i do general studies!!!!

its probably the easiest subject ever in AS i got an A, loooool

at least it looks good an A, better than english, C

Yes, but a lot (i.e. most) of the universities couldn't care less about your General Studies grade.
  • Options
    yeah

true, people have said that to me, im not realy relying on it, just something i do in my spare time.
  • Options
    From my own experience I've found AVCEs to be infinitely easier - mentally speaking - than A levels. However, to contrast that, I struggle more with my AVCE IT because there is so much frigging coursework, however easy it might be. Maths is fine, give me quotient rule, i, whatever, I just have to sit an hour and a half exam to get an A. AVCE IT I have to produce 60 page writeups for each module - of which there are 6! (well, 2 have just 10 page pre-release material, with an exam from hell).

But the theory in IT and other AVCEs I've looked at is really easy :):p

Oh and General Studies was the most glorious waste of time ever :)
  • Options
    General Studies is the biggest waste of time ever.fact. As far as the snobbery goes I count business as one of the more challenging one compared to others as much as I *hate* to admit it i did used to grumble whilst i was pouring over french verb tables and my friends who did media were swanning around with cameras.
  • Options
    I *hate* to admit it i did used to grumble whilst i was pouring over french verb tables and my friends who did media were swanning around with cameras.

Yeah but who's laughing now? Media studies is like the General Studies of University. That or sociology I'm told.

Perennial graffiti in any University toilet roll dispenser - 'Sociology degrees, please take one'