Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

"my network places" problem

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi all :)

Don't suppose any of you have idea idea what's going on with this..? -

I ran the microsoft networking wizard from "my network places" today, so I can see and share files on our workgroup. Everything went to plan, then for no obvious reason, a bit later on, (i.e. I didnt change any settings!) "my network places" no longer opens from the start menu, and if I try and access it from anywhere else, (like my computer) it crashes explorer! :(

I've tried joining a different workgroup, then rejoining the correct one. Restarting my PC. Running the wizard again... I have no idea what's going on, it just seems to have randomly broke!

help!?

:confused:

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    mine did that, never got it fixed, blamed it on windows.

Sorry it wasn't much help :p but I've tried everything under the sun to try to get it to work.
    mine did that, never got it fixed, blamed it on windows.

Sorry it wasn't much help :p but I've tried everything under the sun to try to get it to work.

I feared as much! all you need do is look at how many other people have the same problem, unreplied too :(

thanks anyways :)
    Guess you'll have to use FTP.
    don't use the wiazrd :p see if it enabled a windows firewall on that network connection, if so turn it off, its useless on network connections anyway

and configure your ip addresses properly

getting an error in my network places - it think that must be a serious bug or something, id check the MS site about that or some MS fanboy forum :)