Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Sparta...At the drive-in?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
I dunno if any of you have ever heard of the band Sparta, but they are awesome, I'm sure some of you MUST have heard of At the Drive-in...

basically Sparta is 3 members of ATDI plus an extra new member. since the old guitarist and singer fucked off to form the mars volta. Anyways, if you like ATDI you will fucking buzz off Sparta.

if you havent heard them yet, download the following tracks

Guns of Memorial Park
Air
Splinters
Sans Cosm
Cut Your Ribbon
Breaking the broken
From Now To Never
Collapse
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    In my opinion The Mars Volta are the better band to come out At the drive in.. but i think even they are pretty dreadful...
  • Options
    Sparta supported Queens Of The Stone Age when I saw them in 2003, thought they were good but they didn't make me want to run out and buy their album the next day though
  • Options
    Never heard of sparta but i like both the mars volta and at the drive in.Both great bands.
    Mars volta are excellent live,saw them nearly 3 years ago when the su[ported the chilli's UK tour.
  • Options
    cut your ribbon is an amazing song =]
  • Options
    I'm well surprised at the amount of you who know these bands.

nice one, I think sparta are far more enjoyable than TMV, although I think The Mars Volta are quality.

The main thing I like about Sparta is that they're sort of keeping the spirit of ATDI alive in a 'post ATDI' sorta way.
  • Options
    i reckon Mars Volta > At The Drive In > Sparta. they are all ace bands though. I dunno where i'd fit De Facto and Omar's solo work into that, cuz they are completely different and uncomparable.
  • Options
    i didnt like tmv too much .. not into that kind of thing properly but i do like the odd song :D

nice sig btw :D surprising how easily u can read that..
  • Options
    You're right about De Facto and Omar's stuff yeah, I think De Facto are awesome, proper just mellow, chilled latin/reggae buzz. Gotta love it. totally a different style to TMV, Sparta, ATDI though, I'm not that keen on Omar's solo stuff myself, it seems too self indulgent and epic.

I know TMV are more musically skilled and talented than Sparta but Sparta are just plainly more enjoyable, unless you're a prog head. TMV are still among some of my favourite artists though.