Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Very strange...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey everyone, im new- been watching the boards for a bit though.

Ok, this is a strange situation for me. My girlfriend and I have been having sex for the past few months and we've had a couple of breakages. The weird thing is that each time, when Ive said anything about getting a MAP shes taken on the whole 'stop being so uptight' thing and the first time, after telling me she'd get it- she told me she had 'forgotten'.
I've still been a bit worried about her being pregnant so I talked to her and she said she'd take a test but hasnt yet. However, the other breakage- lol that sounds really funny- was on thursday night and she did the same thing, almost not wanting to bother with it. I said that it was almost as if she wanted to get pregnant and she said she didnt, stupid but stuff still seems a bit odd.
And I have no idea if she's pregnant or not cos aparently she only gets her period every 3 months or something.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Options
    The situation seems to be a bit dodgy. I would ask her outright what is going on. Maybe she is scared of taking extra precaution, because of the possible side effects of the pill? Or maybe she is indeed trying to get pregnant. Either way, you will speculate all you want untill you ask her outright.
  • Options
    unless you want to be a dad, i'd suggest you stop having sex with her unless she takes proper precautions. it does sound to me like she is as good as trying to get pregnant.
  • Options
    hmm, i dunno

we've been together for near on 9 months now and i can say shes a prety level headed person, plans to travel for her gap year etc... so i really dont see why she would want to get pregnant at all. she is quiet sensible really, i just dont get what this is about
  • Options
    kaffrin wrote:
    unless you want to be a dad, i'd suggest you stop having sex with her unless she takes proper precautions. it does sound to me like she is as good as trying to get pregnant.

exactly.

either be more careful or stop having sex.

or...tell her to talk to her mum about the birds and the bees.
  • Options
    Just out of intrenst, is there anything I can talk to her about doing now? I know you only get 72 hours for the MAP, an thats sort of kind of passed now...
  • Options
    Smush wrote:
    she is quiet sensible really, i just dont get what this is about

if she was as sensible as you say, she would get her ass to the doctors sharpish. bottom line is, if you keep having accidents, and she keeps avoiding taking the MAP, she will get pregnant.

if you don't know what it's all about, don't keep potentially making babies while you find out.
  • Options
    Ok, dont get me wrong here, its not like we've been taking risks or anything, Its just that accidents happen- 2 times out of however many doesnt mean we've been having rampant risky sex all over the place. I think im pretty clued up on most stuff, I just dont really get where she's coming from. Ill talk to her next chance I get.
  • Options
    Is she definately ok about the travelling thing? Maybe she needs a reason not to go that will be good enough not to make her feel bad for letting people down?
  • Options
    no, I think she just assumes that statistically she wont get pregnant. A bit stupid I agree, im gonna have a chat with her an talk it over. I really dont think theres any underlying desire to get pregnant, shes smarter than that.
  • Options
    Smush wrote:
    Ok, dont get me wrong here, its not like we've been taking risks or anything, Its just that accidents happen- 2 times out of however many doesnt mean we've been having rampant risky sex all over the place.

nature doesn't care whether it was an accident or not, or how many risks you take. having a child is not something you can undo, so i can't stress how important is is not to let it happen.

accidents happen, of course they do. but the smart thing to do after an accident would be to cover all bases, and you have got to find out why your girlfriend isn't doing this.
  • Options
  • Options
    As GWST says, I'd be concerned as to why you are breaking so many condoms. Not to be critical, but condoms are very secure and safe things to use- but only if you put them on right. The failure rate is very very low, I've never had one break on me in five years of sex, but if you don't put them on right they are a lot higher.

Who buys the condoms? If they're tampered with they can break too.
  • Options
    aye, we actually tried to break one once, and had some difficulty.
  • Options
    hmm, they used to break like hell then i changed the way i put them on and it was better. Quick update: she took a test and isnt pregnant 'relief', but ill definitely have to think stuff through about her...
  • Options
    you changed the way you put them on? you mean you were putting them on incorrectly? not something you want to be doing! if you keep having problems with condoms breaking try a different brand now that you've learnt how to put them on properly. also would she ever consider going on the pill or something?