Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

I know, I know I'm a tit. :|

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
..But, I took the MAP two Fridays ago, and took my period today, and when I had done it was planned for me to go on the contraceptive patch.

I also had drunken sex on Friday night, without using anything. Well, now I've got a HUGE feeling that I can't start the patch.

Am I right?

My FPA clinic isn't available until tomorrow..help?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Without wanting to lecture you too much, you have been rather silly. The MAP is not designed to be a form of contraception and taking it regularly as such is not advised. By having unprotected sex you put yourself at risk not only of an unwanted pregnancy but also all the STIs. You didn't need or want me to say that but it can't be stressed enough. Drunkenness is no excuse.

Taking the patch now will not affect your chances of being pregnant because it doesn't work as a MAP. Your best bet is to ring NHS Direct on 0845 4647 for advice because some pharmacies now stock emergency contraception without the need for a prescription.

I'd also suggest using barrier contraception as well as your patch in the future.
    I know I was silly, and I know being drunk doesn't suffice as an excuse. It's happened now.

I don't need to worry about STIs as we are regular partners, and both been checked in the last 3 weeks.

I'm only asking now because I can't get to my local FPA clinic until tomorrow. I'll be going to the drop in clinic first thing tomorrow anyways, but it was just for some advice just now.

Ta anyhoo.
    Whats the actual crack here? I cant quite make it out thouigh im definatly sure i can help as i have been using the patch for 2 years and know it inside out...so explain it a little better and il be able to help.
    crack
    craic, dear.
    Kentish wrote:
    craic, dear.
    Oh im sorry for not being down with the kids, homie.
    Actually, in Cumbria we say crack rather than craic :p We aren't irish...
    We all know about the crack over there in Cumbria. :sour:

theindiekid, if you're going to use this trendy phrase you may as well know it's origin.
    Im with gwst. In fife,scotland we say crack as well...Ive never seen it written or heard it pronounced any different.So there! :P
    Im with gwst. In fife,scotland we say crack as well...Ive never seen it written or heard it pronounced any different.So there! :P
    craic is pronounced 'crack'. So of course you say 'crack'.

Never mind. :rolleyes:
    craic is an actual Irish word, it has many meanings depending on the context but most people just use it for "gossip" i.e. whats the craic with you.

And yes 1983 you are a tit...can I have a suck of the nipple :p
    Kentish wrote:
    craic is pronounced 'crack'. So of course you say 'crack'.

Never mind. :rolleyes:
    Forgive me for i am a woman.
    1983 wrote:
    ..But, I took the MAP two Fridays ago, and took my period today, and when I had done it was planned for me to go on the contraceptive patch.

I also had drunken sex on Friday night, without using anything. Well, now I've got a HUGE feeling that I can't start the patch.

Am I right?

My FPA clinic isn't available until tomorrow..help?

U are :banghead:
    Not surprised it's closed down..pints and crack in pubs... :shocking: ;)
    Omg. Two pages, and I was like, YAY help but no.

GAH.
    I hope you get HIV, you fucking numpty.
    I hope you get HIV, you fucking numpty.
    I hope you get banned!!!!
    No need to hope, I've already reported it. It will be gone by the morning :cool:
    It was all a false alarm anyways, started my patch on Monday, the wee doctor woman told me I was in the clear!

:D