Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

uniform allowance???

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi,

Has anyone ever worked for next and recieved a uniform allowance?
I (aparently) have been given a clothing (uniform) allowance but i'm not really sure how it works so if anyone knows then please fill me in...

i've been told i get 75% off all clothes and i get £175 for the allowance, does this mean that i have to pay 25% of the cost from my own pocket and next will pay the rest up to £175 or does it mean i can spend £175 with all clothes being at 25% cost on next's budget?

Comments

• Options
    why don't you just ask someone that you work with?
  • Options
    I'd take it that you have to pay 25% and next will pay the rest up to the sum of £175. But never worked there and you are best off asking at work.
  • Options
    icey wrote:
    Hi,

Has anyone ever worked for next and recieved a uniform allowance?
    I (aparently) have been given a clothing (uniform) allowance but i'm not really sure how it works so if anyone knows then please fill me in...

i've been told i get 75% off all clothes and i get £175 for the allowance, does this mean that i have to pay 25% of the cost from my own pocket and next will pay the rest up to £175 or does it mean i can spend £175 with all clothes being at 25% cost on next's budget?

Right, your uniform allowance is £175 BEFORE the discount has been applied... so basically you need to pick £175 worth of clothes (£175 worth at full price), they then take 75% of the cost off, and you pay something like £43 for them.

Judging from the amount of allowance you've been given i'd figure you're probably workin between 8 and 15 hours a week? so probably weekends? so that allowance should get you 2 pairs of trousers (they must be KA or KE), 2 formal shirts, 2 ties, and a pair of shoes. You dont have to wear Next shoes though. You can also use the allowance to buy a belt or cufflinks for uniform if you need to. Oh and all uniform that you want to purchase must be authorised by a manager first.

Hope that makes it clearer for you :thumb: