Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

eyeliner

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
does anyone know a good way of putting eyeliner on because i always do it wrng.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    How do you do it and what makes you think its wrong? God I've seen so many bad eyeliner jobs even slight racoon eyes=bad
    Practise, Practise, Practise. That's all I can, and will say :thumb:

Ilora x
    i have a lazy eye and can barely see out of my right eye...so go figure how hard it is to do my left eye :rolleyes:

so yes, small short lines all along your eye if that makes sense.
    just do a fat line then lick a cotton bud and remove the excess - then use a dry one to get the saliva outta your lids cos it'll smudge up
    lick a cotton bud

:yuck:
    just do a fat line then lick a cotton bud and remove the excess - then use a dry one to get the saliva outta your lids cos it'll smudge up
    Or you could wet it with water.
    whenever i wear eyeliner i always always get racoon eyes! :no:

it doesnt matter what sort i use - it always happens ! i cant understand why i do though.. im guessing i put it on right (i mean how many ways are there?!) soo... yeah :chin:
    i just look stupid in eyeliner.. maybe i do it wrong but it makes my eyes look small and weird.
    Eye liner makes me look quite beaten up...lol...bless me, so I go for lighter colours to highlight my eyes as appose to black to emphasise them. :)
    use liquid eyeliner on your upper lash line. make a line along your eyelashes only just touching your eyelid with little dots. when you get more confident draw a line straight off.

use a kohl pencil for the bottom, but keep it inside your eye. Keep the pencil sharpish and as you use it wipe it with a tissue to stop it getting wet and not coming out very well. make the two lines meet at both ends.
    I tend not to use liquid eyeliner as I find a lot of the time it's too "obvious" and is harder to apply.
    I used to use fcuk's eyeliner, which is not a "pencil" as such , but much softer. It was really good but then I found miss sporty's to have the same affect, but £3 cheaper.
    £2 miss sporty eyeliner all the way!
    always keep a good cream concealer close when you do it, as it will dissolve any slip ups without aggravating your eyes
    A lot of makeup artists recommend that you don't apply eyeliner to the inner rim of your bottom eyelid. According to health people, it can cause eye infections...

Ilora x
    Well I've been applying eyeliner on the inner rim of my bottom eyelid for about 5 years now and I've never had a eye infection. I also know loads of people that do it too and have never had an eye infection.

I don't put eyeliner under my lower eyelashes. It makes me look like I've got black eyes if I do. Instead, I put eyeliner on the inside of my lower lid.

Ditto, I've always found that most who do put it on under the eyelashes look like racoons. I always want to give them a wet tissue to help out. I've also found that hardly anybody looks good in black eyeliner. Except for darker skined people. It makes whities look like white trash
    I did develop a cyst type thing on the inside of my lower eyelid, which was probably from eyeliner - I just make sure I sharpen to get rid of the exposed nib frequently
    I finally rmember who i was thinking of when i thought of bad eyeliner...
    http://www.fox.com/bones/showinfo/deschanel.htm