Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Wipe Israel from map, says Iran’s president

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Yes.
  • Options
    tony blair today said ...something has to be done about iran ...he said if we didn't do something now ...people would be asking why we didn't do something about iran?

can't remember the exact words as i was half listening whilst driving ...but it sent a little chill through me ...

I'm pretty convinced Iran will be next, although when someone from the cabinet announced there would be no military action, doubts were cast. I wouldn't trust politcians as far as I could throw 'em, but lying over this wouldn't make any logical sense.
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Israel is one of three countries I know of illegally occupying other's land.

Iran isn't one of them.

Israel has threatened to Nuke Iran Flat if it continues to devlop nukes. Near enough to wiping off the map.

Israel has asked the US to destroy Syria.

Israel has some of the worst recent attrocities, against Palestinian Civilians. Israel is also VERY untrustwortht. It sells the weaponary the US gives it, and which the US expresley does not want in Chinese hands, to China. Joy, your secrets are safe!

And Matadore thinks they are LESS trustworthy than Iran???
    And it was Japan that started the war in the first place.
    Germany? Hmm. Nevermind. It was Japan that got the USA involved in the war.

The Nuking was unecessary, they were considering surrender. But it did act as a deterrent that stopped the cold war turning nuclear, imho - people had seen what they could do - not again.

Iran would be a step to far in the middle east - people would be VERY pissed off with the USA. I daresay some of the countries might be inclined to even support Iran.

So, it's ok for people to have Nukes on the basis that... well, they have them already as far as I can tell!
  • Options
    And it was Japan that started the war in the first place.
    if i remember my history correctly america pulled off some nasty economic stuff ...broke promises and stuff ...which was devastating to the japanese economy ...japan needed to kick america out of the area.
  • Options
    So, who thinks the UN will at on Israel's call for Iran to be expelled? I don't...
  • Options
    NDC777 wrote:
    Yes.

clucklg.jpg
  • Options
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    Israel has threatened to Nuke Iran Flat if it continues to devlop nukes. Near enough to wiping off the map.

Er no they haven't, Israel has never said it will 'nuke' Iran if it attempts to develop nuclear weapons. It's quite funny how you make things up...
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    Israel has asked the US to destroy Syria.

Lol, you really are a complete nutter aren't you? When did Israel ask the US to 'destroy' Syria? Do you have some secret documents the rest of us don't have or something? Or are you just talking shit again?
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    Israel has some of the worst recent attrocities, against Palestinian Civilians.

Israel’s behaviour towards the Palestinians isn’t perfect. However, you’d have to be stupid as well as ignorant to say Israel has committed some of the ‘worst recent atrocities’.

Thousands of people have died in
    Sudan - and thousands died in the Rwandan Genocide. The ongoing abuse of human rights in China, North Korea and Turkmenistan. What about these?

If you knew anything about any of these countries and had bothered to read any decent balanced history of Israel/Palestine you’d realise that Israel’s wrongdoings pale in comparison.

That there are hundreds of countries with clearly worse human rights records than Israel doesn’t make Israel perfect, Israel’s committed wrongdoings which deserve to be condemned but to disproportionately highlight Israel when there are hundreds of countries worse is unfair and implies racism. Or is it coincidence that the one country consistently highlighted happens to be the Jewish state?
  • Options
    "death to Israel, death to America, death to England

Send the fleet.
  • Options
    Sigh... they never said Death to England. It was death to the infidel. Then it ends with "Khamene is our leader".

Israel is run by a man who does not want peace, and regularlly threatens, carries out strikes, and so forth in other countries without any real reason except "suspicion" of terrorism. I would ask for solid proof myself. Obviously no-one does.
    Thousands of people have died in
    Sudan - and thousands died in the Rwandan Genocide. The ongoing abuse of human rights in China, North Korea and Turkmenistan. What about these?
    -The West doesn't care about Africa. We know this...
    -The others have Nukes. Like we'd fuck with someone who could nuke us... we pick on far weaker countries. Iraq has proven this. We SHOULD have sorted Kim out. But no, he might just fight back! Hell, that last war never ended... not starting another!
    If you knew anything about any of these countries and had bothered to read any decent balanced history of Israel/Palestine you’d realise that Israel’s wrongdoings pale in comparison.
    I think ANYONE has the right to fight back against Illegal occupation. If the French came and decided to occupy Suffolk, I'd willingly fight. Same thing mate... and who has killed more people? Continues occupation? Is bulding a huge wall around the parts they occupy to stop them being taken back, to prevent people visiting their homeland ever again? Oh wait. Israel. So, if YOU, yes YOU, were chucked out your house, told to bugger off somewhere, becuase France has decided to take the part of Britain where you live and fill it with French settlers - you'd happily do it? Bullshit.
    Or is it coincidence that the one country consistently highlighted happens to be the Jewish state?

Consistently Highlighted? Bullshit again. I rarely see Israel highlighted as the wrongdoer. They are to busy picking on Iraq, or Iran, or Cuba ffs. And do play the anti-semitism card. The Average Israeli wants peace as much as anyone else. Shame their leader is a twat who is greedy and bloodsthirsty. Last one was too. It's about time they went for someone better. I just feel sorry for the people always caught in the middle. Just give the leaders and generals who issue the orders weapons - let them fight thier stupid wars.

Worst recent attrocities - so destroying a whole town, and "taking away" the young men in it incase they are terrorists - isn't bad? Never did find what happened to the men.

Attacking camps of civilians with Helicopters - Bombing buildings without checking to see if terrorists actually ARE there - just rumours. The Palestinians actiuons aren't commendable - but they are being illegally occupied. We didn't let Germany keep France after Worlds War 2, did we?
  • Options
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    Sigh... they never said Death to England. It was death to the infidel. Then it ends with "Khamene is our leader".

It was chanted by the audience.

Source

and please note the tongue in cheek smiley
  • Options
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    Israel is run by a man who does not want peace, and regularlly threatens, carries out strikes, and so forth in other countries without any real reason except "suspicion" of terrorism.

Sharon supports the Roadmap to Peace and the two-state solution. Sharon wants peace and has shown his willingness to make real compromises such as the withdrawal from Gaza.
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    I think ANYONE has the right to fight back against Illegal occupation. If the French came and decided to occupy Suffolk, I'd willingly fight. Same thing mate... and who has killed more people? Continues occupation? Is bulding a huge wall around the parts they occupy to stop them being taken back, to prevent people visiting their homeland ever again? Oh wait. Israel. So, if YOU, yes YOU, were chucked out your house, told to bugger off somewhere, becuase France has decided to take the part of Britain where you live and fill it with French settlers - you'd happily do it? Bullshit.

You're being simplistic. Read a decent balanced history of the background of 1967. Israel didn't start the occupation for the fun of it.

The security fence is not a 'huge wall' - and it's temporary, Israel has made it clear that it hopes to dismantle the fence as part of a final peace settlement. In the mean time the fence has successfully prevented many suicide bombings, it's proved an effective method of protection and saved the lives of many innocent people.

The right to fight back against 'illegal occupation'? And how far does that 'right' go? Blowing up children on a school bus? Blowing up students at university? Blowing up women and children shopping in a market?

I think you're confusing settlements with the Palestinian refugee exodus..The latter would have never happened if the Arab states had accepted the UN partition two-state resolution and hadn't attacked Israel in 1948.

Settlements make up less than 2% of the West Bank, Jewish communities have been around in the West Bank for centuries. There is a shared historical connection to the land there. Saying that the Israelis will probably withdraw like they did from Gaza - however I think it's unlikely until the Palestinian terrorist groups stop killing innocent people.
  • Options
    Sharon supports the Roadmap to Peace and the two-state solution. Sharon wants peace and has shown his willingness to make real compromises such as the withdrawal from Gaza.

He only supports it under pressure from America...and i'm pretty certain in saying he was forced to make concessions to avoid a UN investigation into the Israeli armed forces.
  • Options

By agreeing to it, then building a fuck off wall BREAKING it?
    And the one that agreed too, then dropped a one ton bomb on a house?
    There are more examples, but let's not go there. He has consitently broken the agreements.
    You're being simplistic. Read a decent balanced history of the background of 1967. Israel didn't start the occupation for the fun of it.

Well, duh. Thankyou for that. REgardless, it is STILL illegal. And only served to make the situation worse.
    The security fence is not a 'huge wall' - and it's temporary, Israel has made it clear that it hopes to dismantle the fence as part of a final peace settlement. In the mean time the fence has successfully prevented many suicide bombings, it's proved an effective method of protection and saved the lives of many innocent people.

And there are tunnels, sucessfully making it irrelevant to the Terrorists. It'd have been like the US building a Wall in Vietnam, and wondering why there were people fighting behind it.
    The right to fight back against 'illegal occupation'? And how far does that 'right' go? Blowing up children on a school bus? Blowing up students at university? Blowing up women and children shopping in a market?

I said that was not a condonable thing. But then, they hardly have any other method of fighting back. Their armed forces were crushed... a civilian with hardly any training can hardly fight a normal war against tanks with stones. And the Israeli's have killed plenty of civilians too. Whole families... is that just? Becuase they "Might?" Be terrorists? Let's kill everyone then - they could be a terrorist!
    I think you're confusing settlements with the Palestinian refugee exodus..The latter would have never happened if the Arab states had accepted the UN partition two-state resolution and hadn't attacked Israel in 1948.

So... you'd agree to it if it happened to you? If someone just came along and said half your country was been given away? Agree or not, its happening! We are stronger than you. But Israel has hardly done much to resolve any issues has it? Every suggested Peace Plan, they have wanted it so the Palestinians stop their attacks, and they can carry on theirs. Fair? No. A solution will require BOTH sides to mutually cease attacks. Trouble is, whilst most Palestinian groups agree - not all do. Hell, some can't even be contacted.
    Settlements make up less than 2% of the West Bank, Jewish communities have been around in the West Bank for centuries. There is a shared historical connection to the land there. Saying that the Israelis will probably withdraw like they did from Gaza - however I think it's unlikely until the Palestinian terrorist groups stop killing innocent people.

Let's face it - There would be hostility anyway - both sides leaders tend to hate each other and are responsible - But invading and occupying land, makes it far, far, worse. Chances are, there would not be such support for terrorist groups had it not happened. Hell, it'd probably be much like the IRA situation by now. The leadership of Israel has repetadly done nothing but help support for terrorist cells grow by its actions.

I do feel though, with the giving up of settelments, alot could be acheived. However, the wall certainly does little to help, only furthuring the grip on settlements of Israel, and standing as a huge symbol to Palestinians - You are NOT allowed in. This is OURS.
  • Options

you a stand up comedian or what?
    more illegal settlements are being built than are being removed!
  • Options
    Necessary evil for a greater good.

Greater good for who and what exactly?...if Hitler won the war we'd be talking about the evil Americans...the use of nuclear weapons in any circumstance is wrong.

As for wiping Israel off the map, how is that possible? Even if they did use nukes the country would still be there.