Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Out of the blue

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
A couple of weeks ago I went up to my mates house and his cousin was there, and me and his cousin automatically hit it off and ended up going out with each other. His parents were away for 2 weeks so we all hung at his house and stuff until his parents came back.. which was sunday. Then I get a text off him on Monday saying its over, when things were amazingly fine the previous day. I'm just totally confused. Things were going so well.. and then this happens! His mate told me that he was just pissed off but I don't understand why he had to finish it. I really like him and I don't know what to do.. everyones said he will be back to his normal self soon and will want me back. Help?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    he probably only saw it as a bit of fun, hate to say it
    well i saw the light.. ive been texting him and it turns out that he was using me.
    lesson: don't wear your heart on your sleeve

next time go into a possible relationship more steadily, and make sure you know the guy properly first
    I always wear my heart on my sleeve. Its hard to break out of!
    its a good way to learn though
    i gave my heart away to a guy, and he broke it (he is sorry and wants me back though)- i was devastated and wasnt myself for months, now i find it hard to trust guys at all. Which is why i haven't had another boyfriend since.
    I'm only 15 and this was my 3rd boyfriend so I'm not that experienced with things. I try and learn from my mistakes but it kinda backfires on me!
    i was 14 and he was my first boyfriend, seeing as you're the same age as me and i'm guessing you're in year 11 and doing gcse's - theres so much time for boyfriends later in life, just concentrate on gcses for a while.
    I have 2 friends in long distance relationships, they're both seeing their boyfriends over half term and have both been set tons of coursework and revision to do, so they can't do it!
    One is really behind on most of her courseworks and shes stressing out. Seriously, at our age there are so many more important things than boys - because right now most of them are still little boys and need to grow up.
    yeah i am in year 11 and i have to admit, it is pretty stressful with all the coursework due in and the exams, mocks, etc. its still hard to keep feelings at bay. ah well.
    yeah exactly, and to be honest, the trouble of a boy is not worth making you do less than what you're capable of. I'm so busy with it all i don't really have time.
    I do still have strong feelings for my ex, because we're still good friends and he still has strong feelings for me. I'm going to meet up with him soon to chat and stuff, but we decided to take things slow and see where it goes. Which is fine by me because i can still stay focused on gcses, not that i enjoy doing them but they have to be done.
    my ex doesn't pressure me into anything i dont want to do and ive always had feelings for him even though ive been out with other guys. i actually finished a guy because i still had feelings for my ex. But hes the one that broke it off and he said hes sorry and stuff but i dont want him to do it to me again. wow love sucks!
    i know but there is a difference between 'feelings' and 'love'
    Meh, I'm going for it.
    you're going back out with your ex?
    well im just going to talk to him about it, see what he wants to do.
    yes well remember what i said, and take it steady dont dump yourself in the deep end
    It seems a bit weird that you start by asking what you can do about the first guy and then WHAM, all of the sudden you're deciding to get back with your ex.

Are you sure you are doing this for the right reason? You should tread very carefully and make sure that you're not rushing into anything 'just because'.
    no problem :thumb:
    Jaloux wrote:
    It seems a bit weird that you start by asking what you can do about the first guy and then WHAM, all of the sudden you're deciding to get back with your ex.

Are you sure you are doing this for the right reason? You should tread very carefully and make sure that you're not rushing into anything 'just because'.
    exactly, make sure you're not doing it to go on a rebound
    Jaloux wrote:

I've had feelings for my ex for a while now and I think its the right thing to do.
    Why do you think it's the right thing to do? You've very recently been used and now you're finally going to do something about the ex? Why did you 'drift apart' in the first place?

I've got feelings for a bloke I know I should stay away from. And when I'm feeling down it's tempting to reinitiate contact to boost my ego. But I know that I would be doing it for the wrong reason.

Think it through. Not for us but for yourself.
    __tink wrote:
    I've had feelings for my ex for a while now and I think its the right thing to do.
    you seemed to have decided pretty quickly, you need to think about it really
    i'll get back to you.