Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Red/purple marks

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I know the obvious answer is "go see a doctor" but this doesn't seem life threatening, I just wanted to hear some opinions beforehand.

I'm noticing these dark red almost purple lines appearing on my upper thigh. In the back side they're more straight lines, but in front they're more squiggly.

The squiggly lines (same color) also started appearing on my upper arm, below and in front of the bicep, on both arms at exactly the same places.

I searched online and the most reasonable explanation I found is that it's related to poor circulation. That makes sense, I sit in front of a computer all day at work and when I get home I'm right back in front of a computer again.

I had my blood pressure checked about a month ago and was told I have unusually high BP for someone my age (22). 148/109 it was.

Anyways, does that sound about right? Poor circulation causing red marks to appear in the skin? I'm just looking for people's thoughts/opinions if anyone has seen this type of thing before.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    sound like stretch marks to me.
    yep, i agree. sounds like stretch marks. have u gain or lost weight rapidly recently?
    sound like stretch marks to me.

:yes: Have you gained/lost weight recently?
    I put on 20 pounds (about 9 kilograms) within 3-4 months. My arms haven't gotten any bigger but my thighs indeed have. Wow, I didn't even think of that and it never came up in my searches.
    well that'll be what they are. best think to do with them is use a good moisturiser, or bio-oil is meant to be brill. however, while they're still appearing bio oil may not hav an efect. the only thing you can do i wait for them to start to fade, which they will do eventually, then use bio oil.
    vitamin E cream is also good, as is cocoa butter!
    Well I'm not a vain person and hypothetically if I were to say go to the beach, any normal pair of shorts will cover them up just fine. I was more concerned that if it was circulatory related, I don't want to lose my legs. :D

Thanks all.