Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Dosage and Intake guideline

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hello Everybody,
My father in law is suffering from avian bird flu. Doctor has prescribed Tamiflu to him. I have forgotten to ask doctor regarding his dosage and intake guideline. Could anyone tell me what is the appropriate amount of dose for him. Kindly also provide me intake guideline. I will appreciate any information regarding this.
Walker

Comments

• Options
    As she said, ask the Doc. Bird flu is not something any of us here are likely to be familiar with..
  • Options
    walker wrote:
    Hello Everybody,
    My father in law is suffering from avian bird flu. Doctor has prescribed Tamiflu to him. I have forgotten to ask doctor regarding his dosage and intake guideline. Could anyone tell me what is the appropriate amount of dose for him. Kindly also provide me intake guideline. I will appreciate any information regarding this.
    Walker

Surely 'walker' is taking the piss ... ! :chin:
  • Options
  • Options
    :lol:

What nonsense. Get him to take them all*

Don't do this
  • Options
    i got asked by a 10 year old (completely seriously) if our Bbq chicken burgers had bird flu in them at Mcdonalds tonight.

the way she asked was as if we would still be allowed to sell potentially dangerous meat.

did make me smile
  • Options
    Also, isnt Tamiflu administered via an injection?!!
  • Options
    Sikorah wrote:
    Also, isnt Tamiflu administered via an injection?!!
    No.
  • Options
    oh!!
  • Options
    Tit. If he did have bird flu, he would be isolated from the rest of the population faster than pavarotti in a cakeshop
  • Options
    I swear this guy is lying. Tamiflu is given to those to prevent getting the damn bird flu. If you already got it, I swear you get something else?!

Im sure I saw this on the news last week.
  • Options
    chan-chan wrote:
    I swear this guy is lying. Tamiflu is given to those to prevent getting the damn bird flu. If you already got it, I swear you get something else?!

Im sure I saw this on the news last week.
    Stop watching Tonight with Trevor McDonald. :p
  • Options
    Hey Walker,
    How can you forgotten to ask such an important question. Dose of any drug depend not only on the age of patient but also on his/her physical and mental aspect. A Doctor can provide you the exact dosage so I will suggest you to consult your physician once again. In general Tamiflu should be taken twice daily (once in the morning and once in the evening) for five days. Tamiflu should not be taken empty stomach as there is a chance of stomach upset. One must complete the entire treatment of ten capsules, even if he or she is feeling better. Ask the Doctor before stop taking Tamiflu. Tamiflu is available in form of capsule containing 75mg of active ingredient. It is also available in a convenient oral suspension (liquid) that's easy for children to swallow. I have visited a site having URL *link removed* while surfing the net having awesome information on Tamiflu. You may visit this site or search Google and other search engine for further information.
    I am not agreed with panthero that one suffering from bird flu should be isolated from rest of population as it is transmitted from bird to bird, bird to human. transmission of flu virus from human to human has been not notice till yet.
  • Options
    Clever, it nearly doesnt look like Spam.

Importation of prescription drugs into the UK is illegal.
  • Options
    bongbudda wrote:
    Clever, it nearly doesnt look like Spam.
    Was thinking the same myself!
  • Options
    Kentish wrote:
    Stop watching Tonight with Trevor McDonald. :p

:D:lol: